• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rescue from Page 2. :thumbsup2

We're excited that we get to head to WDW in 24 days. While we don't get to stay at WL this time, we can't wait to go visit.

Congratulations to all with trips booked, and those lucky enough to be there now or soon. :cool1:

I see so much complaining on this thread and other threads about the Wilderness Lodge construction and this is how I feel about the situation:

Honestly, if you are on this board you are most likely privileged enough to visit WDW. I feel so blessed that I am able to experience the magic at any capacity. People get SO picky about accommodations and I understand that it isn't cheap but it's still magical. Disney is doing all they can to make sure guests are not affected by the construction. I am still choosing to stay at the lodge with my husband in Sept. I feel grateful that I am able, physically and financially, to get this vacation. So really, let's stop complaining so much about these "first world problems." There are kids who would do anything to visit WDW and even worse families who struggle to have food on the table every night.

So instead of complaining about a little bit of pixie dust, why don't we take a moment to feel grateful for all that we have.

AND if the construction bothers you so much than simply change your resort! Stop putting a dark cloud over this once, lively, fun thread.

Thanks.

everybody can't change their resort whether they are needful of a FDP offer or are DVC'rs who booked ASAP during busy times (for us marathon weekend) and have found themselves out of luck finding any availability...anywhere at this point.

VWL is one of our home resorts, and a favorite:goodvibes. However, imo, the quiet poolscape is small and will never accommodate all the guests if they decide not to visit CR or FW. Yes, DVC members are able to pool hop to others resorts. The idea has never been appealing to me. we bought and book where we want to stay & the pool amenity is a big part of our decision process.

now to find and monitor the 'mess' thread.;)

I'm enjoying my stay here @ WL! Everyone is so nice! I'm happy with my room! It truly is a beautiful resort! Just got back from pool & watched the Electric Parade & the fireworks!

I'm enjoying my stay here @ WL! Everyone is so nice! I'm happy with my room! It truly is a beautiful resort! Just got back from pool & watched the Electric Parade & the fireworks!

That's great to hear!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Hey there everyone!

Was just wondering if anyone had any updates on construction- is all still scheduled to begin on time beginning of Sept? We are not heading to WL until 17th of December so really hoping it will be completed by then. For those of you there let us know if you are hearing anything. No matter what we certainly plan to enjoy every minute of our trip and we couldn't be more excited. This will be our first stay at WL and really a dream come true since we have always wanted to stay here. :)

19 days til our split stay @ AKLV & WL. Can't wait to be back home, even tho WL will be going through a big refurb. There is still so much to do there and see. Plus we will be at the parks A LOT!! Can't wait to walk into the lobby and hear the music!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are checking into the WL as part our split trip tomorrow :cloud9: we've been enjoying the YC part of our trip since Sunday :love:

19 days til our split stay @ AKLV & WL. Can't wait to be back home, even tho WL will be going through a big refurb. There is still so much to do there and see. Plus we will be at the parks A LOT!! Can't wait to walk into the lobby and hear the music!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Congratulations! Walking into that lobby is going to be awesome. Are you starting with WL or coming over from AKLV? We really want to do a Lodge split someday.

We are checking into the WL as part our split trip tomorrow :cloud9: we've been enjoying the YC part of our trip since Sunday :love:

Congratulations as well. Now it really is almost here, and being at WDW you have a great way to pass the time while you wait for WL...:thumbsup2

We just got back from our stay at Wilderness Lodge. We had a room at the pool area. We enjoyed our stay. We loved being able to take the boat to MK! Our flight left late afternoon so we were able to leave our luggage in storage and change clothes over at the fitness room. Everyone was friendly and helpful!

Couple of questions---

1) How early does the boat leave to MK? Just trying to time things for a rope drop at MK. How late does it leave?

2) Do any of you know if the resort does anything special on Halloween itself?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I was just reading a thread from 2013 about the paved path to Fort Wilderness, and the unpaved nature trail. I can't wait to check them out.

There is no sign of construction, correct? Someone reported tarps etc. on the WL Mess thread:confused3:confused3 WE come down Sunday but do not check in at WL until next Thursday. :cool1:

Couple of questions---

2) Do any of you know if the resort does anything special on Halloween itself?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Last year in the afternoon we got pictures with Goofy and either Pluto or Donald (or both, do not remember) in their costumes in the lobby. They had pumpkins carved too

Thank you so much for the nice comments........our first stay at WL is about 3 weeks away. Really looking forward to it........even without the pool.

Doug :goofy:

Couple of questions--- 1) How early does the boat leave to MK? Just trying to time things for a rope drop at MK. How late does it leave? 2) Do any of you know if the resort does anything special on Halloween itself? Thanks! :thumbsup2
The day we went to MK we took a boat at around 8:15 am so we could get there for the Welcome show. I am not sure when they start because we were told that the boat doesn't leave til half hour before park opening but it was earlier than that when we got the boat.
Maybe we misunderstood and the concierge meant it gets there half hour before park opening??

The day we went to MK we took a boat at around 8:15 am so we could get there for the Welcome show. I am not sure when they start because we were told that the boat doesn't leave til half hour before park opening but it was earlier than that when we got the boat.
Maybe we misunderstood and the concierge meant it gets there half hour before park opening??

Yeah, all the information on the Red flag boats indicates that they start a half hour before park opening, but we have seen others say they were running earlier as well. The Blue flag boats to CR start at 6:45 AM, so walking from there is an early option, but we chose the bus for early trips. We do love taking the boat back though.

That is what our plan was since we were told the boats to Contemporary leave earlier. We got on the boat thinking it was going to The Contemporary, then we realized it was going to MK. So it worked out fine for us!

First ride was 7 dwarfs and it already had a line when we got there but glad we did that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter