• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
any dates on christmas decorations?

We were there last year when they went up and I believe it was Nov 19th.

Kook thanks re: the stuffed animals..weird but glad we grabbed WL Pluto when we did! Can you put us back on the trip log?

We are there Dec 2-8.

Hi again all. Just returned from a 10 day stay at the Lodge, and once again, it did not disappoint. We were in a standard view room, however, it was a "lobby" room that faced MK, that really seemed more like woods view, with a fantastic view of wishes each evening. (we were on the 6th floor). The staff, from the front desk, to mousekeeping, to Whispering Canyon and Roaring Fork were fantastic as usual. I also want to send a special thanks out to Ranger Jack, we got to be the flag family again, for another great morning of conversation, great pictures, and interaction with the kids. Really. I can't say enough about how much I love the place. Pool and waterfall etc. were all up and running just fine, and there were zero signs of pending construction, which allowed for some truly awesome pics. (As soon as I get a chance to offload all 3k plus we took this trip I'll get some up, LOL). We also booked a bounce back for next year with free dining for August. Booked at CBR due to financial constraints, but I"m already thinking about changing it to the WL again, depending on next years tax return, LOL. (12 night stay, so it gets a little pricey). Anyway, I'll be following the thread as always, and look forward to posting some pics in a few days!

We just got back on Wednesday! We where a Flag Family also & Ranger Jack was very nice! My boys really enjoyed hanging up the flags & taking pictures on the rooftop was quite spectacular! Glad you had a great vacation as so did we! We had a Woods View overlooking the Villas pool! It truly was the BEST VACATION EVER!

At the lodge now. While we can look down from our balcaney and see a parking lot, if we look above the trees, we had a great view of MK fireworks. Bonus!

We really like the look of this hotel. Short stay to explore this resort and attend the first MNSSP.

On the ME on our way home from first WL stay :(. We loved it. We booked a std. View room but were facing the pool (courtyard view?). Dinner at Whispering canyon was the best meal we had (steak). Underwhelmed by the food court. So small! Im glad the kids werent with us as we utilize the QS food more when with the kids.

Aside from WL, the temps were WAY too hot for my liking, this is the last time I will come in the summer. I was really uncomfortable in the parks. That sun was brutal.
All in all we enjoyed WL And would def. Recommend it. We probably wont be back any time soon as I'm on a mission to stay at every WDW resort so lots more to do before I can come back to WL. :)

We will be in Disney World, checking into the WL for 6 nights THIS MONTH!!!!!! Only 22 days until we leave, and 23 until we arrive!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just returned Saturday from our 9 night stay at the lodge. Had a wonderful trip. Booked a standard room but ended up in a 5th floor lobby-facing room with bunk beds which the kids loved (felt the pixie dust immediately :-) ). We felt that Roaring Fork was a bit small and didn't like the shared bussing. BUT we did love the interior hallways and smaller size of the resort. Not to mention that beautiful lobby. We actually used the villas pool more than the main pool per our kids request. It was generally less crowded. I agree with the PP though- it was exceptionally hot this year. I also felt like it was busier in the parks this year than it was last year. But we still had a fantastic trip! Until next time!

We will be in Disney World, checking into the WL for 6 nights THIS MONTH!!!!!! Only 22 days until we leave, and 23 until we arrive!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

22 days and 3 hours for my family! We stayed at WL last year and in 2009. We will miss it! We are staying at Old Key West this time.

I just wanted to take a moment on this Labor Day to post that we did our first split stay last month (August) which included our first stay at the WL followed by our usual BWI. (both club level)

Here's what we liked about WL:

The pool: our kids especially loved this pool. Probably even more so than BWI. The WL pool is simply great.

The lobby: spectacular view. Everyone knows this.

The club level offerings were pretty good: we especially liked the creamy oatmeal at breakfast and one night they had the Chorizo stew.

We were able to get the tour to the roof - great view!

The CM's (especially CL) were also very helpful - kudos!

Although the BWI is our preference, overall, I can't really think of anything bad to say about the WL. (I guess we prefer the BWI for it's energy, whereas the WL is more laid back - nothing wrong with that)

22 days and 3 hours for my family! We stayed at WL last year and in 2009. We will miss it! We are staying at Old Key West this time.

We stayed there in 2008 in a 2BR villa with my parents! Beautiful resort!!! Loved it!!:flower3:

KOOK, look who we ran into...

Italia and I wanted to try the beignets and Jimmy wanted to check out if the resort was for us. It's pretty but not for us. We are WL peeps. Anyway, he said, "Hi!" Kook. And he is happy and thinks he will be back some time in Oct.

Awww he looks do different not in a suit!!!
Probably the most gracious CM we ever met.
Randy is definitely missed but hope he is happy.
There is something to be said for work-to-golf-course attire!:thumbsup2

Ty for sharing!!:goodvibes

Italia and I wanted to try the beignets and Jimmy wanted to check out if the resort was for us. It's pretty but not for us. We are WL peeps. Anyway, he said, "Hi!" Kook. And he is happy and thinks he will be back some time in Oct.
OMG, I almost wouldn't have recognized Randy without his suit and dim indoor lighting:rotfl:. It looks like he's enjoying the extra vitamin D. Thanks so much for posting the photo. That would be fantastic if he does return to WL! BTW, ITA with CuteAsMinnie that Randy IS the most gracious CM I've encountered, too. He must have loved seeing a friendly face all the way from WL and thanks again for posting while you're on vacation.

Say hello to everyone up on the 7th floor for me and Sterrie and Kash down in the bowels of the office...

and it changes yet again.......:lmao:

So where last we stood I had to switch my reservation to two separate reservations to get a discount(first two nights CVbb then WVbb for the last two) that wasn't a standard view (although they are now gone for my dates as well).

The stalking paid off. All four nights came up open in a CVbb room at the Fall Discount price. yippee!

So we don't have to switch rooms and I got a discount. Still have a bunk bed, but hey I will just keep stalking, at this point, you just never know.

Did I read somewhere that Roaring Fork offers good coffee??? As in not Nescafe dirty water???:laughing: Can someone please confirm? TIA!

I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide what to do. DH, DD 15, DD 11, and I will be at USF (big HP fans) next month and staying on property there. We're going to move to DW for two nights and go to MNSSHP only (no other parks), so we'll have lots of time to explore. The current available options we're considering are WL CL (would be a first), WL woods view, or FW cabin (all late fall offers). Since we won't have the DP, would the extra $125 for CL be worth it? Any advice is much appreciated!

HI Everyone !!!
Just returned from our 7 day stay Standard View Room 5064. But maybe it wasn't a standard view because every night we saw the MK fireworks from our balcony.
We enjoyed our stay but would we stay again most likely not.
The food options were very slim and of course the rooms were small but we were aware of this before arriving.
One of the nights the boats were not running and we had to take the bus from MK which was a pain since our kids were asleep and we had to fold up our strollers and ride the crowded bus which took about 20mins to get
All the other days we didn't have any transportation issues.
Loved the pool and some how only managed to see the Geyser go off 1 time. We wanted to order drinks at the bar but they wanted to see our ID and of course we don't carry it. SO no alcohol for me :(
Like I said it was a nice hotel and it was worth a try.

Did I read somewhere that Roaring Fork offers good coffee??? As in not Nescafe dirty water???:laughing: Can someone please confirm? TIA!

WDW now serves Joffrey's both in the restaurants and in the rooms. Much better than Nescacrap.

Thanks marymac123 for posting the picture of Randy. Glad to hear he's happy and possibly coming back to the Lodge soon. :thumbsup2

Carla

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter