CLosed For Refurbishments... Bummed Out! :(

SumWhrOvrThRanBo

Mouseketeer
Just read that Walt Disney World Railroad on Main Street & the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set will be closed while we are visiting Disney World. I guess it could be lots worse- but I was really looking forward to both of those attractions. *sad*

Peter Pan's Flight will be down while I'm there next month. On all of my previous trips, it has always been the first ride that I've done. I shed a tear or two over that but I know it won't put even the tiniest dent into my enjoyment.

Peter Pan's Flight will be down while I'm there next month. On all of my previous trips, it has always been the first ride that I've done. I shed a tear or two over that but I know it won't put even the tiniest dent into my enjoyment.

When will Peter Pan reopen?

Ok, where are people seeing this and for what dates? I couldn't find anything on Disney's site - it said "Check our interactive park calendar" but I didn't see closures mentioned on it. I also looked at easywdw and don't even see a section devoted to closures. Same with Mousesavers.

Someone please chime in here - walk me through where to find this info for our dates, which incidentally is the last week in January '14. Thanks! I understand they may not be posted yet for our dates, but at least if I know where to find the info I can monitor it.

Consider yourself lucky. Those are very minor attractions in the grand scheme of things. Peter Pan will be closed for my trip this time, and Space Mountain was down for my last trip. Since I usually go in the fall, there is almost always one major attraction down on every trip.

While we are there Peter Pan, Railroad, and Honey I Shrunk the Kids will be closed. I'm bummed, but its better than last year when Test Track was closed during my trip.

Just read that Walt Disney World Railroad on Main Street & the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set will be closed while we are visiting Disney World. I guess it could be lots worse- but I was really looking forward to both of those attractions. *sad*

We are there the week of October 11th - October 18th and the Railroad plus Peter Pan will be closed in MK. I am so sad that the railroad. I was so excited for my two year old to ride the train.
As for Peter Pan, it is usually such a long line, that I am actually OK with it being closed-sssshhh-dont tell my kids;)

I'm really bummed that Splash Mountain will be closed while I'm there. I usually hit it several times per trip

Yeah, I'm PROPER GUTTED about Peter Pan's Flight ride being closed while we there! :'( :'( Not all that bothered about water rides like Splash Mountain though.

Im kinda bummed that Its a small world will not be under refurbishment when I go.

Hahaha. That made me laugh. My husband probably feels the same.

It seems every time we go, Ariel's Grotto is closed (and we never go the same time of year). It will be again apparently.

It seems every time we go, Ariel's Grotto is closed (and we never go the same time of year). It will be again apparently.

Yeah my wife always makes me go on with her. Then I cant get that dang song out of my head.

And it's closed permanently. Where can a kiddo (and maybe mama ;) ) meet Ariel now?

Storytime with Belle was the old version. Enchanted Tales with Belle is the new attraction.

And it's closed permanently. Where can a kiddo (and maybe mama ;) ) meet Ariel now?

OLD Ariel's Grotto (near Pinocchio Village Haus restaurant and the old Dumbo location) is permanently closed.

NEW Ariel's Grotto in New Fantasyland (near the new Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid ride) is open. You can meet Ariel here anytime.

It is confusing, especially since both the old and new attraction have exactly the same name. I also think since the new dark ride in New Fantasyland and the show at Hollywood Studios have almost identical names, people get them confused, too. Voyage of the Little Mermaid vs Journey of the Little Mermaid. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty bummed about PP being down. If they don't open it a few days a head of schedule (right now our last MK day is scheduled for Nov. 10), then I guess we will wait to do MVMCP until after our week at the beach and try to do PP a few times that night. That would put us at the party on the 17th, so hopefully it doesn't open later than scheduled.

OLD Ariel's Grotto (near Pinocchio Village Haus restaurant and the old Dumbo location) is permanently closed.

NEW Ariel's Grotto in New Fantasyland (near the new Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid ride) is open. You can meet Ariel here anytime.

It is confusing, especially since both the old and new attraction have exactly the same name. I also think since the new dark ride in New Fantasyland and the show at Hollywood Studios have almost identical names, people get them confused, too. Voyage of the Little Mermaid vs Journey of the Little Mermaid. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification :)

According to FP+ choices and that website, the new Grotto will be closed at our vacay time. Whatarethechances?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter