CLOSED (I'm going solo) Should I cancel or go solo???

When I'm traveling solo, I have found meals to be the most awkward part, so I try to pick places with live entertainment to distract me. The front porch at HOB, the patio at Splitsville, and Paradiso 37 all at DS are some of my favorites.

Go solo. You won't get lonely you will always have a CM to talk to. The one night I could not sleep and decided to walk around my resort which was Kidani. During my walk about, I stopped by the front desk at 2 a.m and ended up chatting with the CM at the desk till 4 a.m. As for dinner I chose the buffet option. You can go get a plate, eat and be done. There is not much awkward alone time sitting at a table waiting for food to be delivered to you. I even had a CM sit and chat a bit with me at Trails End. I booked either a 4p.m or 4:30 p.m reservation i can't remember but the place was not busy at all so she chatted with me about my trip and so forth.

When I'm traveling solo, I have found meals to be the most awkward part, so I try to pick places with live entertainment to distract me. The front porch at HOB, the patio at Splitsville, and Paradiso 37 all at DS are some of my favorites.

I think my hesitation weighed heavily on the dining. To the advise of all, I still plan on going. I'll figure out the dining as I go. Thanks for the advise

Go solo. You won't get lonely you will always have a CM to talk to. The one night I could not sleep and decided to walk around my resort which was Kidani. During my walk about, I stopped by the front desk at 2 a.m and ended up chatting with the CM at the desk till 4 a.m. As for dinner I chose the buffet option. You can go get a plate, eat and be done. There is not much awkward alone time sitting at a table waiting for food to be delivered to you. I even had a CM sit and chat a bit with me at Trails End. I booked either a 4p.m or 4:30 p.m reservation i can't remember but the place was not busy at all so she chatted with me about my trip and so forth.

Thanks for the advise. I'm sure once I get there and figure out my dining options, I'll be ok. Actually getting excited on going solo....

Thanks for the advise. I'm sure once I get there and figure out my dining options, I'll be ok. Actually getting excited on going solo....

If there are any table service restaurants you especially enjoy, book ADRs for those even if you wing it for the rest. I have a few I am booking even though I will be there for the Food and Wine Festival.

Glad you decided to go. I had a 15 day Panama Canal Cruise scheduled and ended up going solo due to separation then ending in divorce. I am thankful I went as it was a great distraction, time for reflection and healing.

Great travels and enjoy! Dining solo isn't so bad, I do table service as a solo and just enjoy my meal and the atmosphere.

Go solo. Enjoy the experience at your own pace. Make your own decisions, free of compromise & it will be truly your trip.

I did have a couple unfortunate experiences as a solo traveler, though. One cast member asked me why I was dining alone & I was tempted to tell her my family died en route & I had no choice. It was really none of her business why I was dining alone & just made me feel lousy.

I honestly had the best time I have ever had at Disney solo. I talked to people in lines and cast members and had some great conversations. I was able to really take my time and see so many special things I had missed before. I ended up sharing a table with a couple and we had a blast. I say everyone should do a solo trip at least once!

Depends on how you are feeling, I'm on a solo trip right now, having a great time. But if I was emotionally unhappy I don't think I'd want to be surrounded by happy couples on all sides. I'd wait until I was over it or had a friend to go with.

Glad you decided to go. I had a 15 day Panama Canal Cruise scheduled and ended up going solo due to separation then ending in divorce. I am thankful I went as it was a great distraction, time for reflection and healing.

Great travels and enjoy! Dining solo isn't so bad, I do table service as a solo and just enjoy my meal and the atmosphere.

Thanks for the encouragement, from similar circumstances.

I did my first solo trip the first week of May...it was great! Much less lonely than I was afraid it was going to be. I have a TR going in my signature if you're interested. I stayed at AKL, which was absolutely PERFECT for a solo adventure.

Good luck making your decision :-):-)

I have to take business trips solo so a trip to the world solo would be easy for me. I say do it solo and have fun. This will be a great time to strike up a conversation with people and line and make new friends.

I have to take business trips solo so a trip to the world solo would be easy for me. I say do it solo and have fun. This will be a great time to strike up a conversation with people and line and make new friends.

I remember business trips. You definitely get used to doing a lot on your own, but conferences and other industry gatherings for your industry you always meet some of the most interesting people at, though I had to shut my business down a few years back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter