(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how much the fee is for having a package delivered to a convention resort. I am staying at beach club and wondering how much more it would cost me if I had a case of water delivered.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how much the fee is for having a package delivered to a convention resort. I am staying at beach club and wondering how much more it would cost me if I had a case of water delivered.

I'm wondering this too for Coronado Springs. Does it go by weight or per package?

I have questions about shipping to the Grand Floridian (we've staying main building club level if it makes any difference). The answers might be somewhere in the 30 pages, but I just don't have time to read them all as we leave in less than 2 weeks! I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer instead of telling me to read through the pages :love: I did also email the GF IPO to ask, but when they replied to my email they didn't answer the question, so I will try again with them as well.

I've shipped things ahead many times over the years, mostly snacks and odds and ends that we would be able to live without if it got lost or delayed, and now baby food and diapers. I've always shipped it all USPS priority mail, and never had any problem. So I was very surprised to read the first few pages of this thread and see that it says to not ship using the post office. It always worked like a charm for me :confused3 Also, thinking back, I don't think it was ever to a convention hotel, so I never had to worry about being charged. I know we did it at WL, POR, AKL, and Poly for sure. But the USPS things doesn't seem to be only to convention hotels, is it?

So now would like to send things to the GF, both from home and from Amazon (diapers). This would probably be 3 packages, 2 from us and 1 from amazon. However, if we're going to be charged something to be able to get the boxes, I don't want to do it. This makes for some really expensive snacks/diapers/odds and ends (just to save suitcase space, and for a gluten allergy with specific snacks). I thought I heard somewhere that there was a way to ship to the hotel, and not the convention center, and to avoid a charge. Does that make any sense, or am I making things up? If the fee is unavoidable, does anyone know how much it is at the GF? In the few pages I was able to scan through I didn't really see any amounts.

Any advice is appreciated, particularly as I should be mailing things by the end of the week or early next week (I've always done it about 6-7 days ahead, and the priority boxes were always waiting at check in or delivered later that day).

We want to buy a product from Amazon and will have it shipped to our Disney hotel. At the beginning of this thread, it says NOT to use the US Postal Service delivery. How do I know what Amazon uses?

We want to buy a product from Amazon and will have it shipped to our Disney hotel. At the beginning of this thread, it says NOT to use the US Postal Service delivery. How do I know what Amazon uses?

I'd like to know this as well. If I use the free shipping through amazon...will they use USPS?

I have looked, but can't seem to find an answer. Does the Bay Lake Tower have an address, or do we ship to the Contemporary?

Love this thread! Thanks so much for all the input. I'm excited to try Amazon Pantry next month!

I will be arriving Oct 24th to the BoardWalk, how far in advance should I order my items from Amazon?

Thanks in advance!

My Amazon address is like this:

Guest Mariana **** ***** 10/09/2014
1050 CENTURY DR
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLORIDA 32830-8433
United States

Is that ok? I couldn't add "C/O Disney's Pop Century Front Desk"... Should I put it on the 1st line of the adress and then add "1050 CENTURY DR" on the 2nd line? What about the Reservation #?

edit:

I did what I asked and it showed up like this:

Guest Mariana *** ******* 10/09/2014
C/O Disney's Pop Century Front Desk
1050 CENTURY DR
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLORIDA 32830-8433
United States

so I suppose it's fine? I'm a bit nervous haha

I ordered two boxes from Amazon Prime Pantry and had it shipped to Coronado Springs. Unfortunately, Amazon shipped it in 3 boxes. That means it was an extra $10 to claim my boxes since I had to get them from the business center. I anticipated the $10 per box but since I only filled two boxes, it was more than I had planned on. It also meant it was too much for hubby and I to carry back to our room and I paid bell services another $10 to deliver the boxes. Not happy.

The items were well packaged and I was happy with their delivery but I did e-mail Amazon and told them what happened just as feedback. They quickly refunded me part of my money to cover my extra costs which I didn't expect them to do. Overall, Prime Pantry was easy and delivered perfectly except for the three boxes instead of two. If you were receiving the boxes at a non-convention resort, obviously that wouldn't be an issue though.

FYI: shipped 4 huge boxes to AKL Kidani via UPS 1 wk early and they arrived on time safe and sound! Wow! Amazing- we stocked our owners lockers and are completely happy!!!! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Bell hop services were obliging and quite nice and delivered ALL to room without fees (we gave gratuities).

Our room was on 5th floor of Kidani near elevator closest to lobby- wow! Will request again- amazing service and room.

we are staying at All Star Movies from 11/10-11/15, I need to know if in fact I can ship using usps or not. the first post from 2010 says not too but some recent posts are saying they have done this with no problems.

We had something shipped to our hotel via UPS 2 weeks ago and everything worked out fine. We gave a little extra time for mailing. When we checked in at the hotel, it popped up on the computer that we had a parcel waiting for us. The parcel was from Amazon. I was a little thrown by the online tracking though. It never did say 'delivered', but sure enough, it was there when we arrived! :thumbsup2

we are staying at All Star Movies from 11/10-11/15, I need to know if in fact I can ship using usps or not. the first post from 2010 says not too but some recent posts are saying they have done this with no problems.

I shipped mine a couple weeks ago via USPS and it arrived without any problems. Every year I use USPS to ship a package to resorts (including POP, CBR, and All Star Sports).

I shipped mine a couple weeks ago via USPS and it arrived without any problems. Every year I use USPS to ship a package to resorts (including POP, CBR, and All Star Sports).

I am glad to hear this! It's so expensive to ship from HI so using USPS can help cut the cost.

I love the idea of just using Amazon Pantry, but they don't have any dairy items right? How am I supposed to get the cream for my coffee? :)

In all seriousness, what do you guys do for the fresh items? Bananas, yogurt, milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter