• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, sorry skimmed around 1st page and last few and regular search and cant find my answer.
I chug coffee a LOT (3 little boys,lol) and my mom drinks a lot of soda. How often can you fill the current mugs? Is there a X time between refills or max per day? Also is it only during your resorts food court times or available 24 hrs? (for possible early mornings and late nights at parks) We will be at Art of Animation. THANKS!!
There is about a 2 minute delay between refills. No maximum limit. Good at any Disney Resort hotel food court during operating hours. Not good at parks.

I chug coffee a LOT (3 little boys,lol) and my mom drinks a lot of soda. How often can you fill the current mugs? Is there a X time between refills or max per day? Also is it only during your resorts food court times or available 24 hrs? (for possible early mornings and late nights at parks) We will be at Art of Animation.

...and there's no technology limitation (no chip sensor/time clock) for the coffee dispensers.

There is no daily limit on refills at the resort. We stayed at AoA as well :)
I believe the food court closed at midnight. I'm not certain what time it opened but I imagine pretty early. The rooms do have a refrigerator and coffee maker, so we kept drinks in our refrigerator as well (very small freezer)

Last year it seemed like there were mugs for mnsshp... Is this something they do every year? We always go this time of year.

This is a good information about the mugs that I was wondering how they really work. We are going on June and have the dinning plan for everyone now I know how to use the mugs properly.

We are going in late nov/dec....getting the meal plan etc. So the mugs are only at the resort check, do they have a mug for the parks? My child and husband are like a camel and can pack away drinks lol so I'd rather not spend a lot of $$$ one drinks if there is another secret or something to it lol. Thanks!!

Really good information. Our last trip in 2014 was the first we had the mugs with RFID chips, which seemed to stop working 2 days before the end of our holiday. A quick word to a CM and all was sorted!

Doesn't matter anymore. The current mugs with the RapidFill system can be used at any Disney resort.

So if you can use the mug at any Disney resort, what's to prevent someone who's doing a split stay from buying a mug at the first resort, and then using it again at the 2nd?

I have a question about hot water...do I need a mug for that? I don't drink coffee, only tea, and I'm not a huge fan of Disney tea, so I was wondering if I could just get hot water at my resort somehow, or is that not allowed?

So if you can use the mug at any Disney resort, what's to prevent someone who's doing a split stay from buying a mug at the first resort, and then using it again at the 2nd?

I have a question about hot water...do I need a mug for that? I don't drink coffee, only tea, and I'm not a huge fan of Disney tea, so I was wondering if I could just get hot water at my resort somehow, or is that not allowed?
Nothing. It is fine to buy one mug to use for both consecutive stays. Not sure about the hot water, but cold filtered water is free to everyone, so I assume hot water would be (if it is an option).

I think all the mugs are now 14 days mugs. And you can use them at any resort now. But they aren't good at the theme parks. Hot water doesn't require a chip.

Nothing. It is fine to buy one mug to use for both consecutive stays. Not sure about the hot water, but cold filtered water is free to everyone, so I assume hot water would be (if it is an option).

I think all the mugs are now 14 days mugs. And you can use them at any resort now. But they aren't good at the theme parks. Hot water doesn't require a chip.

Thanks! I just feel like if I went to get hot water with a non-Disney cup, I'd get in trouble...:rotfl:But thank you, that's good to know! :thumbsup2

I apologize if this question has been answered before but it is a long thread.....I read on another site that you can't have your refillable mug filled at any of the resorts pool bars. Is this true? We stayed at coronado in 2009 and we were able to buy and refill our mugs at the pool bar there. This trip we are staying at POR. Is the food court close to the main pool there?

I apologize if this question has been answered before but it is a long thread.....I read on another site that you can't have your refillable mug filled at any of the resorts pool bars. Is this true? We stayed at coronado in 2009 and we were able to buy and refill our mugs at the pool bar there. This trip we are staying at POR. Is the food court close to the main pool there?
You can at CSR but I think that's the only one.

Thank you. I was afraid that would be the answer. I just hope its not a really long walk to the food court from the main pool. We plan on spending a good amount of time there so I know we will be utilizing the mugs often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter