closest beach to GKTW

STLmomof3

Earning My Ears
:wave2: Hello,
New to the forums here and to Florida.
Im single mom my son has been granted a wish and we will be staying at the GKTW resort. My kids want to see the beach which one is the closest to the resort and probably the safest for a mom and kids? I have heard some rumors some of the beaches are kinda wild?!

Thanks,
Kelly

I don't know the answer, but just wanted to mention that you will probably have at least a 1 hour drive either East or West to find a beach since Orlando is in he middle of the state.

It took us at least an hour and a half to reach the gulf side. I don't think it takes as long to reach the Atlantic side.

We took a day and went to Cocoa Beach. It was only about an hour away on the Atlantic side. The beach was uncrowded (maybe because it was February!!), and the kids had a great time. It is near Cape Canavaral and near where the Disney Wonder and Magic dock.

We've also gone to Cocoa Beach a few times. It's approx. an hours drive. Usually we go to the Space Center, then hit the beach for a few hours. We all enjoy it!

Thanks for all your help, I have looked up cocoa beach looks pretty nice, when You said you went to the space center and then the beach are we talking Epcot? or is there something else I dont know about? I have never been further than Missouri,Tn so I really have no clue as to what is out there. I really really want this to be a trip the kids will remember as we prob wont ever go again unless I happen to win the lottery ! :earsboy:

STLmomof3 said:
Thanks for all your help, I have looked up cocoa beach looks pretty nice, when You said you went to the space center and then the beach are we talking Epcot? or is there something else I dont know about? I have never been further than Missouri,Tn so I really have no clue as to what is out there. I really really want this to be a trip the kids will remember as we prob wont ever go again unless I happen to win the lottery ! :earsboy:
It's the NASA Kennedy Space Center by Cape Canaveral.
Here's a link to their website.

WOW THANKS I did not know that was close by my kids would love that too. We have extra day to do whatever that is something Im going to try for. Tickets are a little pricey Guess I better start saving now.

Kelly

Kelly- perhaps if you tell your wish coordinator you'd like to visit Kennedy Space Center, they could help arrange tickets for your family. Just a thought. Kathy

The quickest beaches to get to are on the Atlantic side. Daytona Beach is appr. 1hr. 15 mn. away, right up I-4. Cocoa Beach is closer, about 1 hr. down the Beeline Expressway(toll road), and Melbourne is about the same distance. The closest beach on the gulf side is Tampa, south on I-4 about 2 hrs. away. Beaches are clean, and the surf is gentle and clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter