• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

Wow! Just heard I passed ROFR yesterday and got my closing docs today! I called the closing company (First Reliable Transfers) because I didn't believe it, but she said that estoppel came from Disney immediately.

*The contract: $86-$11740-120-AKV-Jun-0/16, 240/17, 120/18
Offer Made: 4/25
Offer Accepted: 4/25
Sent to ROFR: 4/26
Passed ROFR: 5/11
Closing Docs Received: 5/12
Closing docs sent back: ?
Closed: ?
Recorded: ?
Member # received by mail or phone:?

Wow! Just heard I passed ROFR yesterday and got my closing docs today! I called the closing company (First Reliable Transfers) because I didn't believe it, but she said that estoppel came from Disney immediately.

Wow!! So speedy!! Congrats!

It's only been 7 days from the deed being recorded, but I'm in WDW now. Anyone know if there's someone actually here that I could talk to about getting my number? Just a shot in the dark :)

Ditto on this, I was thinking about talking to some DVC people while I'm staying at WL but I don't want to get the "resale buyer side eye" happening.

Ditto on this, I was thinking about talking to some DVC people while I'm staying at WL but I don't want to get the "resale buyer side eye" happening.

So, DH and I were at WL this morning taking the tour of the resort at 9am. Afterwards, we asked the DVC guy in the lobby if it was possible to see Copper Creek, and were told we could only see the models at the DVC center at Saratoga Springs. So we head over and after some questions about whether we're members, we 'fessed up to waiting for Disney to switch the name on our resale contract. We didn't get an issue or side-eye from anyone but the actual guide and he was kinda pushy about us buying a direct add-on because there's "no point without the actual member card". Everyone else was fine and even said, "Oh, well Welcome Home!" when learning we had bought resale. The guide actually went to member services though to try and see if he could get our membership number to show up so we could buy a 25 pt add-on but no luck. Oh well!

Now you made us jealous, that was fast! Way to go!!!

So, DH and I were at WL this morning taking the tour of the resort at 9am. Afterwards, we asked the DVC guy in the lobby if it was possible to see Copper Creek, and were told we could only see the models at the DVC center at Saratoga Springs. So we head over and after some questions about whether we're members, we 'fessed up to waiting for Disney to switch the name on our resale contract. We didn't get an issue or side-eye from anyone but the actual guide and he was kinda pushy about us buying a direct add-on because there's "no point without the actual member card". Everyone else was fine and even said, "Oh, well Welcome Home!" when learning we had bought resale. The guide actually went to member services though to try and see if he could get our membership number to show up so we could buy a 25 pt add-on but no luck. Oh well!

Oo good to know. I might actually be lucky enough to have my stuff updated by then. Now I might have to carve out some time so I can get to the dvc center.

That was nice of guide to try

Despite giving the "no point without the actual member card"? Argh.

That's true, that's aweful to see post where some basically snub you if we're resale buyers. It shouldn't matter. I would love to have the perks of the special events, and thats really the only one thing I would like especially the cruise events

I'm troubled by this 'second class citizen' attitude that DVC seem so to have towards resale buyers. As we were debating how to purchase we heard lots of "you'll feel just as welcome once you're an owner" and now I don't feel like that is the case. I don't think it's right that Kboo gets apologized to because they accidentally treated her like a lowly resale owner. How about they just be the same to everyone?

I understand they want to sell direct. But they are. They're selling everything out that they can build.

Someone who didn't want to go to WDW as much is selling the contract so that someone who wants to go more will use it. That translates into much more income for them than just the annual dues (which they are still getting).

We plan to buy direct as an add-on also. But it's still disappointing that it seems to be built into their culture of training to treat people differently. Unfortunate.

I'm troubled by this 'second class citizen' attitude that DVC seem so to have towards resale buyers. As we were debating how to purchase we heard lots of "you'll feel just as welcome once you're an owner" and now I don't feel like that is the case. I don't think it's right that Kboo gets apologized to because they accidentally treated her like a lowly resale owner. How about they just be the same to everyone?

I understand they want to sell direct. But they are. They're selling everything out that they can build.

Someone who didn't want to go to WDW as much is selling the contract so that someone who wants to go more will use it. That translates into much more income for them than just the annual dues (which they are still getting).

We plan to buy direct as an add-on also. But it's still disappointing that it seems to be built into their culture of training to treat people differently. Unfortunate.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS. I will say, however, that having stayed at DVC as a non-owner on rented points a few times, I have never felt stigmatized or treated as a 2nd class citizen either, and always got a warm "Welcome Home" whenever we were coming back to the resort. So I'm going to treat it like an anomalous occurence, and enjoy what I paid for!!

Yeah, I'm sure some will give resale buyers a hard time but they'll be hard pressed to make me feel shame for saving 63% on a contract :rotfl2: If we decide we care enough about the perks to add on, we will, but until then we'll pat ourselves on the back instead of feeling embarrassed when admitting resale purchase. I'm sure it's fantastic if you can afford it, but there's no way we could've paid $165 a point for our 160 AK points so we're happy :)

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

That's something in-house that has to be corrected. But as @PaintsWithAllTheColors said, we saved and I'm very happy , no giddy with our contract of 270 points!!!!

I mean, one, they make the rules and it's allowed. And, two, if it's the difference between owning and not owning, affording it or not doing it, wouldn't they rather people come to WDW more often?

It's bizarre to me.

Anyway, you guys are awesome. We'll be back in 23 days for (perhaps) our last cash stay. We are pumped all the same.

Contract: $112-$30090-250-BLT-Mar-0/16, 500/17, 250/18, 250/19

Offer Made: 3/12
Offer Accepted: 3/12
Sent to ROFR: 3/20
Passed ROFR: 4/4
Closing Docs Received: 4/24
Closing docs sent back: 5/1
Closed: 5/8
Recorded: 5/10
Member # received by mail or phone: Still waiting.

As first time members, we are now in the long wait for Disney to provide our membership number - I figure I have another 1-2 weeks before being able to call.

We plan to visit Aulani in August or September as our first visit as members. Problem is that we needed to decide on a date this week in order to schedule some other end of summer activities. Does anyone know if Aulani has availability of 1-Bedrooms (any view) between August 28 and September 8? Any dates that are completely booked?

Thanks!

Timeline so far:
Offer accepted 3/21
Sent to ROFR 3/23
Passed 4/6
Received docs 4/20
Returned docs 4/21
Closed 5/1
Recorded 5/3
Done at Disney 5/11
Points loaded 5/15 (could have been slightly quicker, hadn't checked till today)
Reservation made 5/15

So I called today even though I was thinking a couple more days at the earliest and was told they got it done last Thursday (5/11--on the 6th business day?!?!). It was a nice surprise. I immediately stayed on with a couple different people to get the ID and one-time activation code. Then I asked to be transferred to a guide. I inquired about 25 SSR Feb UY and they "found some" immediately. I paid over the phone and was told the points would load within a day or two. And that since it was 4pm, they wouldn't be able to work on it today. Then I checked a couple hours later and points were loaded and available from the add-on. I was also told that my virtual card might not be available until the add-on closed in a few weeks but it was.

So, we have everything done, booked, virtual card screen shot and ready to go in 20 days for a cash stay.

And after my rant the other day about mistreating resale buyers, I must admit that everyone was very friendly and I never felt anything negative whatsoever. Good on them. Maybe there are just a few bad apples in the bunch. I take it all back...Most of it...

I had a variety of questions for member services when I called to make the first reservation. They were very helpful and everything worked out the way we planned.

If you were waiting for 9-10 business days like I was, you might check a day or two earlier. Could be there!

Timeline so far:
Offer accepted 3/21
Sent to ROFR 3/23
Passed 4/6
Received docs 4/20
Returned docs 4/21
Closed 5/1
Recorded 5/3
Done at Disney 5/11
Points loaded 5/15 (could have been slightly quicker, hadn't checked till today)
Reservation made 5/15

So I called today even though I was thinking a couple more days at the earliest and was told they got it done last Thursday (5/11--on the 6th business day?!?!). It was a nice surprise. I immediately stayed on with a couple different people to get the ID and one-time activation code. Then I asked to be transferred to a guide. I inquired about 25 SSR Feb UY and they "found some" immediately. I paid over the phone and was told the points would load within a day or two. And that since it was 4pm, they wouldn't be able to work on it today. Then I checked a couple hours later and points were loaded and available from the add-on. I was also told that my virtual card might not be available until the add-on closed in a few weeks but it was.

So, we have everything done, booked, virtual card screen shot and ready to go in 20 days for a cash stay.

And after my rant the other day about mistreating resale buyers, I must admit that everyone was very friendly and I never felt anything negative whatsoever. Good on them. Maybe there are just a few bad apples in the bunch. I take it all back...Most of it...

I had a variety of questions for member services when I called to make the first reservation. They were very helpful and everything worked out the way we planned.

If you were waiting for 9-10 business days like I was, you might check a day or two earlier. Could be there!

Oh wow, I was wondering how long it would be, umm our docs were recorded just this past Friday.

Timeline so far:
Offer accepted 3/21
Sent to ROFR 3/23
Passed 4/6
Received docs 4/20
Returned docs 4/21
Closed 5/1
Recorded 5/3
Done at Disney 5/11
Reservation made 5/15

That's awesome!! How do people see the points in their account? Our deed recorded on 5/4 but I have no idea how to check if we have points loaded/how to even make an account to check...

That's awesome!! How do people see the points in their account? Our deed recorded on 5/4 but I have no idea how to check if we have points loaded/how to even make an account to check...
Once Disney has completed the title transfer, they will give you a member ID and one-time activation code so that you can sign in. It's done in connection with your existing Disney account. When you call and receive word that your stuff is good to go or once they've contacted you, they'll also provide all of that at the same time.

She just stayed on the phone with me while I signed in and activated the first time. It all became clear in that moment and was quite simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter