Closing Time!!

In 10 days I should be able to call DVC and get my information as I understand it. Can anyone tell me what information I will likely need to provide?
You call Member Administration and they will need the contract # you purchased. They will also ask for the seller's information. I never was once given an issue when I called by simply asking if it was transferred to my name yet and the above is all that was asked.

You call Member Administration and they will need the contract # you purchased. They will also ask for the seller's information. I never was once given an issue when I called by simply asking if it was transferred to my name yet and the above is all that was asked.
The contract number, does that change when they transfer to me? I have the contract number from the previous owner, but none for me.

The contract number, does that change when they transfer to me? I have the contract number from the previous owner, but none for me.
You use the one that the seller had. It will change when put into your name but once that happens you ask for your Member ID and Club ID which then MS can give you the activation code to activate online.

I will say if you are a DVC member already and it is titled the same was as the other Deeds they add it to your online account, regardless the Use Years (if they match or don’t). At least that was my experience and what I was told.

I will say if you are a DVC member already and it is titled the same was as the other Deeds they add it to your online account, regardless the Use Years (if they match or don’t). At least that was my experience and what I was told.

This is where we are. They should just be able to add it to our existing account. Does anyone here know if they still take the same ~7 - 10 days following recording before we would expect to see the new contract in our account?

This is where we are. They should just be able to add it to our existing account. Does anyone here know if they still take the same ~7 - 10 days following recording before we would expect to see the new contract in our account?
Mine was about 9 days including weekends. Though I closed/recorded a Friday and they didn't receive the deed until the following Monday (so started from there).

I had an October Use Year and was buying December Use Year. It showed up in there.

Mine was about 9 days including weekends. Though I closed/recorded a Friday and they didn't receive the deed until the following Monday (so started from there).

I had an October Use Year and was buying December Use Year. It showed up in there.

Cool - ours was recorded last Thursday so we should hopefully see something later this week.

1st Update (Updated item is in bold)

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American Title Insurance Company
Offer made: 1/8/19
Offer accepted: 1/8/19 (we increased our offer after this though due to Jan changes)
Sent to ROFR: 1/16/19
Passed ROFR: 2/13/19
Closing docs received: 3/11/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/13/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/15/19
Closing: 3/19/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/19/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/28/19
Points in my account: ??

Still waiting for points to actually be loaded in though... I was going to wait to update, but I thought my contract appearance date might help others estimate their wait. I was/am already a DVC owner.

1st Update (Updated item is in bold)

Still waiting for points to actually be loaded in though... I was going to wait to update, but I thought my contract appearance date might help others estimate their wait. I was/am already a DVC owner.

My deed was recorded on 3/18 and appeared on the member site on 3/27 and I'm still waiting for points. This is like waiting for ROFR, except now I'm logging into the DVC site multiple times a day looking for points.

My deed was recorded on 3/18 and appeared on the member site on 3/27 and I'm still waiting for points. This is like waiting for ROFR, except now I'm logging into the DVC site multiple times a day looking for points.
I am I the same boat. Deed recorded on 3/20. Contract showed on my account 3/28.

I added on with a different use year, so it is a new contract attached to my account. I didn't have to make any calls (yet).

Home: Old Key West (50 points)
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American Title Insurance Company
Offer made: 12/28/18
Offer accepted: 12/28/18
Contract received and returned: 12/31/18
Sent to ROFR: 1/2/19
Passed ROFR: 1/22/19
Closing docs received: 3/6/19 (7 WEEKS LATER)
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/8/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/13/19
Closing: 3/18/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/19/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/28/19
Points in my account: ?

Avoid First American Title Company at all costs!!! This is not my first resale contract and with all my others, I had my closing documents within a matter of days after passing ROFR :goodvibes With First American, it took 7 WEEKS after passing ROFR to receive my documents and with no communication :furious: I did not know at the time that the buyer could request which closing company to use and you can be sure if I ever purchase resale again, I will go with anyone but First American. I highly recommend Magic Vacation Title, Mason Title & Escrow Company (MTI) or TRCS Inc. They were all fabulous, fast and had great communication :cool1:

The worst part is the waiting period after closing for the points to show up. We just bought with a different UY so were not sure if this takes a few extra days but we closed last Monday.

The worst part is the waiting period after closing for the points to show up. We just bought with a different UY so were not sure if this takes a few extra days but we closed last Monday.

It's especially hard when you are waiting for BWV and the SW:GE announcement is made unexpectedly while you wait....and watch the rooms fade away until points are loaded.

Broker: DVC Sales
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/6/19
Offer accepted: 3/9/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/10/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Closing docs received: 3/22/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/25/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/30/19
Closing: 4/1/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/1/19
Contract Visible on member site: ??

Last edited:
Broker: DVC Sales
Offer made: 3/6/19
Offer accepted: 3/9/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/10/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Closing docs received: 3/22/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/25/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/30/19
Closing: 4/1/19
Deed recorded on OC site: ??
Contract Visible on member site: ??

Wow! Fastest close ever? 3.5 weeks from offer MADE to close. And only 3 weeks from ROFR...

1st update

Home: Beach Club Villas
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 2/28/19
Offer accepted: 2/28/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/28/19
Passed ROFR: 3/12/2019
Closing docs received: 3/17/2019
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/26/2019
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/26/2019 (prior to 3/26 but we didn’t ask)
Closing: 3/27/2019
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/28/2019
Contract Visible on member site: ?
Points in my account: ?

Exactly 1 month from offer made until deed recorded and that’s with a delay in getting our check mailed. The mouse took a contract after 40 days in ROFR just prior to this one! Crazy how fast this one moved!

4th Update:
Home: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Offer made: 3/10/19
Offer accepted: 3/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/11/19
Passed ROFR: 3/20/19
Closing docs received: 3/25/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/28/19 (in the mail)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/28/19 (in the mail)
Closing: 4/2/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/2/19
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:

Can someone walk me through the easiest way to check the OC site?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter