Closing Time!!

I just got word from the broker our seller is Fedexing their docs today. Hopefully yours comes through soon as well. I wonder what the $$ pp is worth for the years off my life the stress of this process has cost me?? :guilty:
You were on to something today! Just got word that our seller returned and they closed today! Finally...now onto the next waiting step....

3rd Update:

Home: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/7/19
Offer accepted: 3/8/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/12/19
Passed ROFR: 3/26/19
Closing docs received: 3/28/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/29/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 4/11/19
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

Update #2
Home: BRV
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/3/19
Offer accepted: 3/4/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Closing docs received:3/25/19
Closing docs returned: 3/28/19
Seller returned closing docs: 4/10/19
Deed recorded on OC site: ?
Contract Visible on member site: ?
Points in my account: ?

5th Update:
Home: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/10/19
Offer accepted: 3/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/11/19
Passed ROFR: 3/20/19
Closing docs received: 3/25/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/28/19 (in the mail)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/28/19 (in the mail)
Closing: 4/2/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/2/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/10/19
Points in my account:

3rd Update:

Points in my account:
Member letter received:

That's great news! I'm still waiting for the seller to send back her closing docs (2 weeks now).

You were on to something today! Just got word that our seller returned and they closed today! Finally...now onto the next waiting step....
That’s great news! Though our seller said they sent them yesterday, they didn’t hit the Fedex system until today. I’m glad the broker gave me the tracking number. I guess he was tired of me asking!

Finally feel worthy of posting our status!

Closing docs received: 4/1/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/4/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/16/19 (according to Fedex scheduled delivery)
Closing:
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

Finally done! Points in account yay!

Home: AKL
Offer made: 2/19/19
Offer accepted: 2/19/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/22/19
Passed ROFR: 3/5/19
Closing docs received: 3/19/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/21/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/21/19
Closing: 3/25/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/29/19
Contract Visible on site: 4/5/19
Points in my account: 4/12/19

Final Update:
Offer made: 2/01/19
Offer accepted: 2/01/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/07/19
Passed ROFR: 3/01/19
Closing docs received: 3/15/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/15/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/20/19
Closing: 3/25/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/1/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/8/19*
Points in my account: 4/12/19

Points appeared around 4pm. Sadly because of the 2 week delay caused by my title company I am well into the 7 month booking window for when I wanted to stay at Disney, there are NO rooms available at ANY resort my week in November.

2nd contract

Home: The Villas at Grand Floridian (75 points)
Offer made: 3/24/19
Offer accepted: 3/24/19
Contract received and returned: 3/26/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/27/19
Passed ROFR: 4/5/19
Closing docs received: 4/12/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: TBD
Seller’s closing docs returned: TBD
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded on OC site: TBD
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Points in my account: TBD
Membership welcome letter and number: TBD

Quick question why is it that Fidelity closing company first American is taking sooooo long to provide the closing docs when other closing companies can do it in no time?

Update #1:

Home: AUL
Broker: DVC Resale Market (Marissa)
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 2/12/19
Offer accepted: 2/12/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/19
Passed ROFR: 3/4/19
Closing docs received: 4/5/2019
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/9/2019
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/9/2019
Closing: 4/10/2019
Deed recorded on HI BOC site: 4/15/2019
Contract Visible on member site: ???
Points in my account: ???

Update:

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Offer made: 3/28/19
Offer accepted: 3/29/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/30/19
Passed ROFR: 4/13/19
Closing docs received: TBD
Closing docs returned: TBD
Funds sent: TBD
Seller returned closing docs: TBD
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded on OC site: TBD
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Points in my account: TBD

Called Member Administration today. They informed me that they’ve received everything, but it takes exactly 2 weeks for them to input all of the information into the system. Which, at that time, my member number will be created. Do they always drag their feet or is it because I’m a new member?

Quick question why is it that Fidelity closing company first American is taking sooooo long to provide the closing docs when other closing companies can do it in no time?
That would be a great question to ask First American. I’m sure many here would love to hear their response. Based on their reputation on this forum I would avoid them at all cost if I could.

Called Member Administration today. They informed me that they’ve received everything, but it takes exactly 2 weeks for them to input all of the information into the system. Which, at that time, my member number will be created. Do they always drag their feet or is it because I’m a new member?
Two weeks from when? My account existed 7 days after my contract was recorded on the OC Website. The points were in my account 5 days after that. I was a new member as well. 2 weeks doesn't sound right unless they are just buffering and they mean from recording until points in your account. I even got the physical mail to my house within 2 weeks of the OC website being updated.

I think it ebbs and flows depending on how busy they are, my rule of thumb is that it generally takes about 10 actual days from recording to being in the system and then a couple of days after for points to be loaded (based on my experiences w/ 3 resale purchases and following the purchasing/closing threads.)
2 weeks is 10 business days - so that’s not too far off.
Actually getting the info. you need to access your account as a first time owner very much depends on whether you speak with member administration or member services, when the member administration lines are busy your call routes to member services and you won’t get new account info. from them.
At present it may take a bit longer since Riviera just opened so there may be more purchases going through than usual.

I got told the same when I called but I misinterpreted it more as the maximum so we’re not calling bothering them multiple times a day

Fellow new member here and I’ve been getting the same response from Member Administration. Based on others data here in this thread I figured that calling MS around 7-8 days post-deed recording would be safe. My deed was recorded on 4/4 so I called on 4/11 and was told it was received on 4/5 and they are processed in the order in which they were received and that was that. I called the next day hoping to at least get a ballpark date and the response I got was 2-3 weeks from when the information is received. Called again yesterday (annoying perhaps, but my dates are filling up fast and we’re getting very anxious) and got the same response.

4th Update:

Deed recorded on OC site: 4/16/19
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

1st update

Closing docs received: 4/1/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/4/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/15/19
Closing: 4/16/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/16/19
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

With any luck, since this will be an add on to an existing resort and UY we currently own I’m hoping it shows up in our account soon so that we can book for a late summer/early fall trip before all the rooms are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter