• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

Offer 8/2
Accepted 8/2
Sent 8/9
Passed ROFR 8/27
Closing docs 9/16
Returned 9/23 ( seller returned 9/28)
Closed 9/30

Now waiting on member ID and membership docs 59 days and waiting :)

Offer: 8/26
Accepted: 8/26
Sent 8/29
Passed ROFR 9/12
Closing Docs: 10/3

There was a mistake on my closing docs though so may delay things a few days :(

Offer 8/18
Accepted 8/18
Sent 8/19
Passed ROFR 9/2
Closing Docs 9/27
Deed recorded 10/6

Now just waiting on Disney

Last edited:
Offer Submitted / Sent to ROFR - 8/19
Passed ROFR - 9/7
Received Closing Docs - 9/23
Closed - 9/26
Deed Recorded 9/28
Called MS for member number and account set up 10/11

53 Days. Final stretch. Waiting for points to be added

ETA: Points added this afternoon. Final count 53 days from offer submitted to points in account. Woohooparty:

Our timeline
Offer Submitted / Sent to ROFR - 8/19
Passed ROFR - 9/7
Received Closing Docs - 9/23
Closed - 9/26

Waiting for deed to be recorded and Disney to transfer points. 38 days and counting...

Last edited:

We got our closing docs today. Here's our timeline so far:

Offer submitted/accepted: 9/6
Passed ROFR: 9/21
Received and Returned Closing Docs: 10/13

Sent 8/29
Passed ROFR 9/12
Got notice we closed yesterday 10/13 (was a delay getting docs to title company because of hurricane)

I am already a DVC member but when I bought last time they didn't have online booking. I see people here saying they are calling to see if their points are in the system but since I'm already DVC will they just show up in my account?

Sent 8/29
Passed ROFR 9/12
Got notice we closed yesterday 10/13 (was a delay getting docs to title company because of hurricane)

I am already a DVC member but when I bought last time they didn't have online booking. I see people here saying they are calling to see if their points are in the system but since I'm already DVC will they just show up in my account?
Yep, they just show up in your account, takes a couple of weeks after your deed has been recorded and sent to DVC for the transfer.

We got our closing docs today. Here's our timeline so far:

Offer submitted/accepted: 9/6
Passed ROFR: 9/21
Received and Returned Closing Docs: 10/13

closed on 10/17 and I see the deed recorded on the comptroller's site as of yesterday (10/18).

Offer submitted/accepted: 9/12
Passes ROFR: 9/21
Closing Docs Received: 10/13
Returned: 10/15
Closed and recorded: 10/20
Now just waiting for points to be deposited into account!!

Offer 8/2
Accepted 8/2
Sent 8/9
Passed ROFR 8/27
Closing docs 9/16
Returned 9/23 ( seller returned 9/28)
Closed 9/30

Now waiting on member ID and membership docs 59 days and waiting :)
I was able to use the advise above regarding calling member services,and was able to get our info 10 days after closing :)

Offer 9/4
Accepted 9/5
Sent to Disney for ROFR 9/8
Passed ROFR 9/21
Closing Docs 10/17
Deed recorded 10/20

Now just waiting on Disney for member ID and docs 46 days and waiting.....I think its moving along pretty well so far. :yay:

I called yesterday to see if my points were in the system yet and the CM told that they were not but even if they were, it might be a different membership number and she wouldn't want to give it to me. Has anyone heard of this? I am a DVC member(Bought through resale last time before all the changes) and this time I bought a different use year and resort so I will get a new member #.

I called yesterday to see if my points were in the system yet and the CM told that they were not but even if they were, it might be a different membership number and she wouldn't want to give it to me. Has anyone heard of this? I am a DVC member(Bought through resale last time before all the changes) and this time I bought a different use year and resort so I will get a new member #.
My understanding is that as long as it is titled the same way you should be able to see the membership online when you log into the DVC member website. You will have a different member # since it is a different UY but they only want everyone to have one online account to log into the website. If you don't see it on the website it hasn't been added to your account yet.

Offer 8/18
Accepted 8/18
Sent 8/19
Passed ROFR 9/2
Closing Docs 9/27
Deed recorded 10/6

Now just waiting on Disney

Was able to get our member number and activation code today(10/21), and logged on right away. Had tried earlier in the week but were not in the system then.
No points yet, but I didn't expect there to be since we bought a stripped contract and won't have any points coming till
December.

Was able to get our member number and activation code today(10/21), and logged on right away. Had tried earlier in the week but were not in the system then.
No points yet, but I didn't expect there to be since we bought a stripped contract and won't have any points coming till
December.

What did you do to get your information? Our deed was recorded on Monday and I'm a bit anxious to get on to the next step. :) I know it'll be a couple of weeks but i'm curious what you did so i can try the same thing some time soon.

What did you do to get your information? Our deed was recorded on Monday and I'm a bit anxious to get on to the next step. :) I know it'll be a couple of weeks but i'm curious what you did so i can try the same thing some time soon.

Called (800) 800-9800 first try used option 1, was told that I would have to wait to receive the packet in the mail. A few hours later called same number and tried option 2 and got the number. I was so excited I forgot to ask to get transferred over to member services to get the activation code so I could log in, so I had to call back again to get that. Once I had the number and activation code it was smooth sailing from there. Good Luck!

thanks
Called (800) 800-9800 first try used option 1, was told that I would have to wait to receive the packet in the mail. A few hours later called same number and tried option 2 and got the number. I was so excited I forgot to ask to get transferred over to member services to get the activation code so I could log in, so I had to call back again to get that. Once I had the number and activation code it was smooth sailing from there. Good Luck!

I know I read that dealing with an international seller may take longer since they have to get their documents notarized. Does that include from Canada?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter