Closing Time!!

Just received word that we should close tomorrow. Our timeline so far....

5/11 Offer accepted
5/13 Paperwork in and moved to ROFR
5/30 passed ROFR
6/19 Closing DOCS received
6/21 Closing Docs Sent back
7/11 Closing (hopefully) - it would be 2 months to the day from our original offer

Fingers crossed it happens and points are loaded soon, so I can bank my December points and possibly add a few days on to our Thanksgiving trip.

Last edited:
Just my $0.02...going through this process has been very long. The seller took a while to send back docs but then they were delivered last Monday to title company. Little update on the progress, so I asked. Was told that the docs only got there Friday. Problem is FedEx has them showing as delivered Monday AM...Sure, there was a holiday on Tuesday, so maybe even a day lag is ok, but a week? Frustrating.

We were told we would be fine to book by mid-July but yeah, not looking good.

Yes, the same happened to us when closing our BWV contract. The title company claimed they hadn't received the sellers documents yet but broker showed it being delivered a week prior. I feel the same thing is currently happening with our PVB contract.

Just my $0.02...going through this process has been very long. The seller took a while to send back docs but then they were delivered last Monday to title company. Little update on the progress, so I asked. Was told that the docs only got there Friday. Problem is FedEx has them showing as delivered Monday AM...Sure, there was a holiday on Tuesday, so maybe even a day lag is ok, but a week? Frustrating.

We were told we would be fine to book by mid-July but yeah, not looking good.

Yes, the same happened to us when closing our BWV contract. The title company claimed they hadn't received the sellers documents yet but broker showed it being delivered a week prior. I feel the same thing is currently happening with our PVB contract.

Yes. Same thing here. FedEx said documents were delivered on a Friday, but title company said they did not arrive until the following Wednesday.

I agree with you. I am two months in and the seller still has not sent back documents. Finally spoke to my agent and they said they should be sending it this week and the title company takes care of the lien that I found out is currently on it. I'm glad to finally get some info that makes me feel better about it but I have a feeling it will be at least another month by the time we actually close/ and get points. My 11 month booking window for our vacation has already passed so I am hoping I am still able to get the dates and category we want once we finally close. We just better close by the time I need to bank points.
Hopefully you are able to close soon and you can book your travel plans when you want.

Yes. Same thing here. FedEx said documents were delivered on a Friday, but title company said they did not arrive until the following Wednesday.
Fedex showed that the sellers documents were there last Friday and mine arrived yesterday am. Cammy emailed and apologized that she had been out of the office( which I understand, everyone needs a vacation!) so I asked for a time line. She thought 3-5 days once all of the documents were there. I emailed back that I was excited as Fedex showed everything was there in her office already :)

Fedex showed that the sellers documents were there last Friday and mine arrived yesterday am. Cammy emailed and apologized that she had been out of the office( which I understand, everyone needs a vacation!) so I asked for a time line. She thought 3-5 days once all of the documents were there. I emailed back that I was excited as Fedex showed everything was there in her office already :)

Biggest problem with this company in my experience thus far is that they are awful at communicating. If they were out of the office last week for the 4th and a few more days on top of it, then make it know so people aren't waiting on an update with nothing coming. Not a fan of this place one bit personally.

Bay Lake Tower 200 Points

6/5 Offer sent and accepted
6/9 Paperwork in and went to ROFR
6/27 passed ROFR
7/11 Closing Docs received
TBD Closing Docs Returned
TBD Closed

I am holding off on mailing the check and signed documents until the sellers turn everything in because they are international sellers, so it could take some time. I don't really want my money tied up for a long time while we wait on their documents to get notarized (a much more difficult process for international sellers) and sent to Florida. Hoping to close in a month or so, but maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

CoensFamily2009---$72-$18738-250-OKW-Mar-250/16, 250/17, 250/18

6/4 Offer sent and accepted
6/11 Paperwork in and went to ROFR
6/17 passed ROFR
7/12 Closing Docs Returned
TBD Closed

We are so close but still feel so far away! :)

Bay Lake Tower 200 Points

6/5 Offer sent and accepted
6/9 Paperwork in and went to ROFR
6/27 passed ROFR
TBD Closing Docs Returned
TBD Closed

I am holding off on mailing the check and signed documents until the sellers turn everything in because they are international sellers, so it could take some time. I don't really want my money tied up for a long time while we wait on their documents to get notarized (a much more difficult process for international sellers) and sent to Florida. Hoping to close in a month or so, but maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

6/4 Offer sent and accepted
6/11 Paperwork in and went to ROFR
6/17 passed ROFR
7/12 Closing Docs Returned
TBD Closed

We are so close but still feel so far away! :)

I'm seeing a few closing doc getting done in in almost half the time mine is scheduled to be finished. Passed ROFR on 6/16, "suppose" to get closing doc around 7/17.

Boardwalk 210 points

Offer made and accepted 6/1
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Passed estoppel by 6/27
Closing docs received by me 6/27
Closing docs sent back 7/3
Closing docs received by title company 7/5
Sellers docs received ?
Closing ?
Deed filed and points transferred ?

Was told it closed yesterday 7/11
YAY!

I had 3-5 days timeline too, and it was processed the second day.

So, we just have to wait for the points to get in our account. From what I hear, it's about 10 days. I hope.

Update:

Boardwalk 210 points
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Passed estoppel by 6/27
Sellers docs notarized 7/7
Closing 7/11
Deed filed 7/13

Points transferred ?

Update:

Boardwalk 210 points
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Passed estoppel by 6/27
Sellers docs notarized 7/7
Closing 7/11
Deed filed 7/13

Points transferred ?
Congrats, you are almost there!

Finally got an answer from the Title Company...they received sellers docs on 7/3...but they told me they started processing them on 7/7...must have had some really tough packaging to take 4 days to open the documents. Sigh.

Then was told on 7/7, it would be 3-5 more business days...today is the 5th business day, so I asked for an update...and was told it would be 3-5 business days before it closed, so tomorrow would likely be the day. I said, yes, it has been 5 days already, so you really mean 6, huh? No answer to that email of course.

Frustrating.

Finally got an answer from the Title Company...they received sellers docs on 7/3...but they told me they started processing them on 7/7...must have had some really tough packaging to take 4 days to open the documents. Sigh.

Then was told on 7/7, it would be 3-5 more business days...today is the 5th business day, so I asked for an update...and was told it would be 3-5 business days before it closed, so tomorrow would likely be the day. I said, yes, it has been 5 days already, so you really mean 6, huh? No answer to that email of course.

Frustrating.

Hang in there. I am going through it as well. My seller still has not returned the documents and it has been over 2 weeks and we started this sale back in the start of May.
However, the light is at the end of the tunnel for you. I will keep my fingers crossed you close tomorrow! =)

70 OKW FEB UY w/ 30 2016 and full 2017

Broker: dvc resale market https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title: Magic Vacation Title

6/2 offer made and accepted
6/13 passed ROFR
6/28 Closing DOCS received
7/1 Closing Docs Sent back
7/5 Closed
7/6 Recorded
??? Member #
??? Points Loaded

Called member administration just now. Super helpful agent. Told me they were processing up to July 4th and they got mine on the 6th. Did say they do a lot over the weekends but not all of the departments are open so it'll probably be Mon or Tues before they have everything.

Update
Offered/Accepted 4-27
Contract received 4-28
Signed Contract Returned 4/29
Sent to ROFR 5/2
Passed ROFR 5/16
Closing Docs received 6/9
Closing Docs arrived Title company 6/12, Acknowledged as arriving 6/15
Sellers signed/notarized Docs 6/19 and sent them ??
Transaction Closed 7/11
Deed Recorded 7/13
Member Number ?????
Points loaded ??????

Fidelity Resales
First American Title

Frustrating.
I also received the 3-5 day email this morning. They told me yesterday that they had not yet received the sellers documents. I kindly pointed out that they had received them last week and today, the email about closing. I understand that business takes time but why fib?I may have believed them but it seems as though we all get the standard excuses email from them. Just say we are running 5-7 days after receiving all paperwork?

Updated:

My timeline so far:
Offer made and accepted: 5/16
Documents rec'd and returned: 5/17
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 5/26
Estoppel rec'd: 6/7
Closing docs rec'd: 6/28
Both docs confirmed arrived by FA: 7/6
Closed: 7/12
Deed recorded: 7/13

I also received the 3-5 day email this morning. They told me yesterday that they had not yet received the sellers documents. I kindly pointed out that they had received them last week and today, the email about closing. I understand that business takes time but why fib?I may have believed them but it seems as though we all get the standard excuses email from them. Just say we are running 5-7 days after receiving all paperwork?
I also got the 3-5 (weekday) days email too. I'm just relieved that they finally received my sellers docs. I'll be stalking the Orange County Comptroller's website now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter