Passed ROFR: 7/28/20
Closing docs received: 7/31/20
Closing docs returned: 7/31/20
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 8/12/20
Deed recorded: 8/13/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/3/20
Points in account: 9/4/20

Hooray! Can’t believe we are finally done. I did ask Disney for the points after the contract posted since I had a trip waiting to be booked and availability was dwindling. They were nice enough to unlock the points quickly.
I’m a day after you hope that means Tuesday mine will show up.

Sorry...I was unclear. Even a Dec UY can’t be transferred. Banked points never can. But that Dec UY means they will transfer to you from the Previous owner since they will not have expired yet

But, if you can rebook her on your membership, then it will work!
How does transferring points work?

I’m a new member (VGF!) waiting on my account and would love any tips, tricks or lessons learned about booking, transferring points, etc. others want to share!

How does transferring points work?

I’m a new member (VGF!) waiting on my account and would love any tips, tricks or lessons learned about booking, transferring points, etc. others want to share!

Any other member can transfer points to you and you could do the same, One transfer per UY..in or out,

They retain their own resort and UY so trips need to occur based on that, You can bank transferred points but not borrow,

The real drawback is they can not be used online. You must call. If you want to modify a reservation that uses them, you can not do it online.

The benefit is that sometimes, people want to get points from another home resort for a special trip or are just short occasionally.

Any other member can transfer points to you and you could do the same, One transfer per UY..in or out,

They retain their own resort and UY so trips need to occur based on that, You can bank transferred points but not borrow,

The real drawback is they can not be used online. You must call. If you want to modify a reservation that uses them, you can not do it online.

The benefit is that sometimes, people want to get points from another home resort for a special trip or are just short occasionally.
Thank you — that’s good to know!! Could I “trade” my resale VGF points for Riviera points and use them at that resort, or no?

Thank you — that’s good to know!! Could I “trade” my resale VGF points for Riviera points and use them at that resort, or no?

It is not really a trade, You can get a transfer of RIV points into your account and those would be eligible for RIV,

Youd then have to transfer VGF points to someone else, or from a different UY since it is only one transfer per UY.

Final update!

Home : Poly
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/27
Offer accepted: 5/28
Sent to ROFR: 6/2
Passed ROFR: 7/17 (45 days)
Closing docs received: 7/23
Closing docs returned: 7/24 (rec'd @ title 7/27)
Seller returned closing docs: no delay
Closing: 7/30
Deed recorded: 8/3
Contract Showing on Membership: 8/27 (24 days)
Points in account: 9/5 (9 days)

Waiting on Disney for ROFR, membership and points: 78 days
Waiting on Broker, seller, title, everyone and everything else combined: 23 days
Offer to Points: 101 days

For all the waiting, I will give them credit in that my points loaded sometime between 9:08 AM and 6:42 PM on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend (I may-or-may-not have been checking multiple times a day).

Final update!

Home : Poly
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/27
Offer accepted: 5/28
Sent to ROFR: 6/2
Passed ROFR: 7/17 (45 days)
Closing docs received: 7/23
Closing docs returned: 7/24 (rec'd @ title 7/27)
Seller returned closing docs: no delay
Closing: 7/30
Deed recorded: 8/3
Contract Showing on Membership: 8/27 (24 days)
Points in account: 9/5 (9 days)

Waiting on Disney for ROFR, membership and points: 78 days
Waiting on Broker, seller, title, everyone and everything else combined: 23 days
Offer to Points: 101 days

For all the waiting, I will give them credit in that my points loaded sometime between 9:08 AM and 6:42 PM on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend (I may-or-may-not have been checking multiple times a day).

I'm a day after you, hopefully mine drop today if they're working all weekend.

So happy for you! :flower1:

I have sellers who live on the East coast and I am at Day 22 with no closing papers returned yet. I am not happy. :sad2:

oh, that is just so rude. Can the agent
Do anything to help? I’d assume they have to turn in paperwork by a certain time. I hope they are not trying to get out of the deal now.
Best of luck to you!

Home : OKW-E
Broker: www.DVCsales.com
Title Company: Mason title
Offer made: 05/30/20
Offer accepted: 05/30/20
Sent to ROFR: 05/31/20
Passed ROFR: 07/14/20
Closing docs received: 07/18/20
Closing docs returned: 07/20/20
Seller returned closing docs:07/28/20
Closing:07/29/20
Deed recorded:07/30/20
Contract Showing on Membership:08/26/20
Points in account:09/05/2020

98 days for this one.

My closing was on 8/3 and yet no contract showing on my membership yet. Should I be concerned or are there others out there like me?

oh, that is just so rude. Can the agent
Do anything to help? I’d assume they have to turn in paperwork by a certain time. I hope they are not trying to get out of the deal now.
Best of luck to you!

Both the agent and broker were in contact with them 9-10 days ago and supposedly the owners were "working on it."
But radio silence this week.
I sent another email on Friday so we shall wait and see.

Last edited:
It is not really a trade, You can get a transfer of RIV points into your account and those would be eligible for RIV,

Youd then have to transfer VGF points to someone else, or from a different UY since it is only one transfer per UY.
Thanks for the clarification! Nice to know there’s an option to have points transferred in and out, especially for stays at a different resort. There’s a lot to learn about DVC as a new member and I’m so glad to have these discussion boards to help with that!

Last edited:
Home : OKW-E
Broker: www.DVCsales.com
Title Company: Mason title
Offer made: 05/30/20
Offer accepted: 05/30/20
Sent to ROFR: 05/31/20
Passed ROFR: 07/14/20
Closing docs received: 07/18/20
Closing docs returned: 07/20/20
Seller returned closing docs:07/28/20
Closing:07/29/20
Deed recorded:07/30/20
Contract Showing on Membership:08/26/20
Points in account:09/05/2020

98 days for this one.
Congrats! My SSR contract finally showed up on 9/1 (closed and deed recorded on 7/15), so here’s to hoping this means I have points by 9/11! My 7th month window for part of my April trip opens 9/20, so I’m hoping I’ll have the points before then, especially as I’m still waiting for my 2 small CCV to close (both waiting on sellers to return documents), so there’s no way I’ll have those points in time. I was hoping to have them by 10/1 for the 11 month window for Sep 2021 but, sigh, no way that is happening...

Home: Boardwalk
Broker: www.DVCSales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 5/8
Offer accepted: 5/9
Sent to ROFR: 5/9
Passed ROFR: 6/18
Closing docs received: 7/6
Closing docs returned: 7/7 (me); 8/3 (seller)
Closing: 8/4
Deed recorded: 8/4
Contract visible: 8/28
Points in my account: 9/6

Completely amazing that this was a 4-month process. In the past it has been less than half the time. But by the sounds of things, we couldn't have done much better, and some may consider us lucky.

I finally lost it this morning and contacted MS via chat to ask about our points. They said they couldn't do anything and to call MS to see what they could do ... By the time I was on the line with somebody, our points had been added. So while Chat said they couldn't do anything, my suspicion is that they did.

The seller was international, which was not disclosed to me by the broker. Their location was not disclosed on the contract documents, either. It was not fun to learn this when I inquired in mid-July about the sellers' closing paperwork. I was told that it was not a FIRPTA-related delay, but instead that the sellers had issues getting a notary. They missed one document the first time they signed, and then were going out of town for a week, so the whole process was super delayed. The documents were not mailed back until sometime around July 31. That 3 week delay, after I had sent our closing funds but was waiting to close, was pretty aggravating. If we ever buy again, I will likely insist that the sellers return their documents before I wire any money. It had not been an issue on 4 previous contracts, so I didn't think it would be here, either.

Anyway, happy to have the points and get everything allocated the way I'd like to for upcoming reservations. But likely done buying for a while; if anything, we may sell a contract or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all! Thank you for using the link to the brokers It is important to add the www as well so it does indeed show as a link!

Much appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter