Closing docs received: 12/20/2020
Closing docs returned: 12/20/2020
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

30 days and counting....

They say the are waiting on the Estoppel, and our closing date is set for 1.21. What a wild time.... 11 days for ROFR and then waiting a month for closing documents. Pray for my sanity!
I went through the same, finally got the closing docs but now the seller hasn't returned theirs....its been over two weeks. :(

They say the are waiting on the Estoppel, and our closing date is set for 1.21. What a wild time.... 11 days for ROFR and then waiting a month for closing documents. Pray for my sanity!

Hopefully it comes in today. I know Disney put a halt on the estoppels and closings while they were updating all the dues, but they're up and running now again. So many people seem to have closed on Monday/Tuesday- maybe they will make their way through estoppels today before the holidays. My "official" closing date was in January too, but since all the paperwork went in and out quickly, we closed early. I think my sellers were kind of anxious to get their money and I know I was anxious for my points.

Some sellers seem to be in no rush! Although I think part of that may be the difficulty in getting things notorized during COVID.

4th Update (one step closer):

Home: AKL
Broker: dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 11/18/2020
Offer accepted: 11/18/2020
Sent to ROFR: 11/20/2020
Passed ROFR: 11/27/2020
Closing docs received: 12/7/2020
Closing docs returned: 12/7/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 12/14/2020
Closing: 12/21/20
Deed recorded: 12/22/20
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

I figured out how to check Orange County Comptroller at like 8 am yesterday and my deed had been filed at like 7:30 am that same morning. At least it saved me from obsessively logging into the comptroller website looking for my deed. As a real estate attorney, I read every letter of the deed just in case. All filed- it's mine- woohoo! Now I want to find the site where I can try to figure out which building we own an interest of.

50 point contract; first-time buyer.

Home: AKL
Broker: http://www.**********.com/
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 09/29/2020
Offer accepted: 10/01/2020
Sent to ROFR: 10/02/2020
Passed ROFR: 10/30/2020
Closing docs received: 12/03/2020
Closing docs returned: 12/06/2020
Seller returned closing docs: unknown (some time between 12/09 and 12/15)
Closing: 12/23/2020
Deed recorded: 12/28/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 01/12/2021 (new membership)
Points in account: 01/19/2021

Total days from offer to points showing up in my account: 119 days

Last edited:

One step closer......

Home: AUL
  • Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
    Title Company: First American Vacation Ownership Title and Escrow Services, Inc.
    Offer made: 10/01/2020
    Sent to ROFR: 10/05/2020
    Passed ROFR: 11/03/2020
    Closing docs received: 11/17/2020
    Closing docs returned: 11/18/2020
    Sellers closing docs returned: ??, but they did the same week I did
    Closing: 12/17/2020
    Deed Recorded: 12/18/2020
    Contract showing on Membership: 12/29/2020
    Points in account: TBA

Total days from offer to points showing up in my account: TBD

A 200-point add-on contract, having purchased 100 points direct earlier in October.

Home: PVB
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 10/16/2020
Offer accepted: 10/16/2020
Sent to ROFR: 10/22/2020
Passed ROFR: 11/4/2020 (19 days)
Closing docs received: 12/2/2020 (28 days)
Closing docs returned: 12/2/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: 12/15/2020 (13 days)
Closing: 12/16/2020 (assumed - my contact went out on holiday without telling me we'd closed, so I didn't find until I saw the deed recorded)
Deed recorded: 12/17/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 12/30/2020
Points in account:

And now I think I may call MS as I'd really like to book my summer trip ASAP!

New member here! We closed on 12/18 and I’m waiting (impatiently) for the magical email with our membership number and access code. Our broker said it could take 2-5 weeks 😭. Did a quick search here and found some people had luck calling MS to get their info; any new resale owners tried recently? Figured I’d ask here first before waiting on hold 30+ mins.

New member here! We closed on 12/18 and I’m waiting (impatiently) for the magical email with our membership number and access code. Our broker said it could take 2-5 weeks 😭. Did a quick search here and found some people had luck calling MS to get their info; any new resale owners tried recently? Figured I’d ask here first before waiting on hold 30+ mins.
Nice! Welcome Home! :-). What resort? I'm assuming your deed posted? I think most people who called already had the membership email piece and were calling MS to get them to load the points after giving them a few days for good measure :-). They usually are most sympathetic if you have a trip you're trying to book, etc. We closed on 12/21 so am feeling your impatience :-). The holidays don't help I'm sure with the timeline. Hoping you get your email tomorrow (or it will probably be Monday or later if not). Sending pixie dust your way!

Nice! Welcome Home! :-). What resort? I'm assuming your deed posted? I think most people who called already had the membership email piece and were calling MS to get them to load the points after giving them a few days for good measure :-). They usually are most sympathetic if you have a trip you're trying to book, etc. We closed on 12/21 so am feeling your impatience :-). The holidays don't help I'm sure with the timeline. Hoping you get your email tomorrow (or it will probably be Monday or later if not). Sending pixie dust your way!

Thank you 😊 We bought at SSR and our deed posted 12/21. I’d like to book a trip for the first week of March. SSR will likely still have studios available but I’m tempted to stay somewhere else while the availability is there, hence my impatience 😜

Thank you 😊 We bought at SSR and our deed posted 12/21. I’d like to book a trip for the first week of March. SSR will likely still have studios available but I’m tempted to stay somewhere else while the availability is there, hence my impatience 😜

MS can only help with getting points loaded once MA has created the account and sent the information to them.

If you have not yet gotten the email from MA to give you access, then MS can’t help you as they have no ability to transfer the contract.

I’d email MA and let them know you are hoping for a March trip and to see if they can get it loaded ASAP. They are not taking calls and still working with a small crew.

As others have said, MS can’t load points until MA transfers the contract.

I called MS yesterday, but they did not load my points. The rep I spoke with was confused, spoke with a supervisor, and said that they were “still finalizing” and they couldn’t load them for a few more days. (I called the day the contract was added by MA.)

I have no idea if that’s true, or if he was just confused, but I’m still waiting for points to book my CCV 2BR for the summer!

As others have said, MS can’t load points until MA transfers the contract.

I called MS yesterday, but they did not load my points. The rep I spoke with was confused, spoke with a supervisor, and said that they were “still finalizing” and they couldn’t load them for a few more days. (I called the day the contract was added by MA.)

I have no idea if that’s true, or if he was just confused, but I’m still waiting for points to book my CCV 2BR for the summer!

In the summer, I found out that whatever needs to come from MA to MS after the contract loads was not there for my new contract,

Normally, they told me it comes within day or so of you seeing the contract, but in today’s times, not always.

By the next day, when it still wasn’t there, they reached out to MA and found a way to get it for me, This was, though, after a week of waiting

So, I can see that it is possible they don’t have what they need. Apparently, it is the actual info of what the actual points are...at least that is what I was told.

A 200-point add-on contract, having purchased 100 points direct earlier in October.

Home: PVB
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 10/16/2020
Offer accepted: 10/16/2020
Sent to ROFR: 10/22/2020
Passed ROFR: 11/4/2020 (19 days)
Closing docs received: 12/2/2020 (28 days)
Closing docs returned: 12/2/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: 12/15/2020 (13 days)
Closing: 12/16/2020 (assumed - my contact went out on holiday without telling me we'd closed, so I didn't find until I saw the deed recorded)
Deed recorded: 12/17/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 12/30/2020
Points in account: 12/31/2020
Trip Booked: 12/31/2020

Well, even though they didn't load the points when I called yesterday, I imagine that it helped, because the 8th or 9th time I refreshed the page today, the points were there! I promptly booked a 2BR Villa at CCV for the summer.

We'll be staying at PVB most of the time, but wanted more space as we are taking my parents (the kids' "Nana" and "Papa") on this trip.

Still waiting on ROFR! Wish us luck!

Home: OKW
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 12/14/2020
Offer Accepted: 12/14/2020
Sent to ROFR: 12/16/2020
Passed ROFR:
Closing Docs received:
Closing Docs returned:
Seller Closing Docs Returned:
Closed:
Deed Recorded:
New Membership account:
Points in account:

Complete!!!

Home: AUL
  • Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
    Title Company: First American Vacation Ownership Title and Escrow Services, Inc.
    Offer made: 10/01/2020
    Sent to ROFR: 10/05/2020
    Passed ROFR: 11/03/2020
    Closing docs received: 11/17/2020
    Closing docs returned: 11/18/2020
    Sellers closing docs returned: ??, but they did the same week I did
    Closing: 12/17/2020
    Deed Recorded: 12/18/2020
    Contract showing on Membership: 12/29/2020
    Points in account: 12/31/2020 in the evening!

Total days from offer to points showing up in my account: 92 days

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter