Closing Time!!

Okay, it is posted! Is it worth trying to call membership to get my points loaded? The availability for my October trip is critically low. Or does it not matter since it is after 5? This is my first contract so this is all new to me. I'm so excited!!

Home: BLT
Broker: www.dvcresalecompany.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/31/2021
Offer accepted: 4/1/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/5/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/4/2021
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Funds wired:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

Okay, it is posted! Is it worth trying to call membership to get my points loaded? The availability for my October trip is critically low. Or does it not matter since it is after 5? This is my first contract so this is all new to me. I'm so excited!!
It is very hit or miss on if they can help you or not right then and there. It doesn't hurt to ask, but don't be upset if they tell you that they cannot add the points over the phone!

I was surprised this came back so fast!
If it helps I recently finalized my two resale contracts and Disney uploaded the points within 48 hours for both contracts from when my membership was recorded. So I wouldn’t even bother calling, my first one I think the points were uploaded the very next day a few weeks ago :-)

I don’t know if it’s worth calling, but I couldn’t take it any longer. I figured they would say there wasn’t anything they could do, which they did. But, she could see my profile, so I should be getting the emails really soon. If I don’t get the emails next week, she said I need to email DVC administration. I’m sure you could wait another day or two and the points would be in your account. If you call, the worst they can say is they can’t help. I waited less than 20 minutes to talk to someone.

I did call and they loaded mine about a month ago.

We're still waiting. Ours passed ROFR on April 8th. I was told last week that Disney had issued the Estoppel but they're still waiting for the closing documents to be drawn up. I have to admit that I'm getting frustrated now!
Hang in there, it will be worth it!

Bah... I just want my points Disney.... this should not be this hard. I am a Disney member.... just put my new contract in and put the points in.... I want to get my room booked before all the AKL Jambo studies are gone. We started this process all the way back in Mid Feb... We bought Aulani after AKL but Aulani went through faster. We are going on 4 months soon.

FINAL UPDATE!:

Home: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 1/29/21
Offer accepted: 1/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/21
Passed ROFR: 2/24/21
Estoppel Received: The closing docs came 3 weeks after passing ROFR, but based on their behavior, I have no reason to believe it took that long for the Title company to receive the Estoppel. For alI know it came back from Dinsey in 3 hours and the Title Company just dragged their feet on that as well. All the other Estoppels seemed to be coming in about 8-10 days at that time.
Closing docs received: 3/17/21
Closing docs returned: 3/17/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/9/21
Closing: 4/12/21
Deed recorded: 4/15/21
Membership created & contract showing: 5/1/21
Points in account: 5/6/21 (I didn't call to have them loaded)

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 97 Days

Do you guys ever contact Member Administration to ask for your contract to be established earlier than they may otherwise do it? I wrote MA on my last contract, and they helped expedite the establishment of the member account. I ran into problems with them loading the points, but that’s another story.

For the last contract, I had a special reason I was asking for expedited processing: I had a trip planned, DVC or not, within 3 weeks of deed recording. I don’t have that same need with this contract, so I’m trying to be cool (deed recorded 04/28). Still, I think most people on this message board are a little more anxious than the general public. I know I’m super anxious and impatient. So I’m battling with that internal struggle at the moment between need and want. This is obviously a want, so I’m trying not to bother…unless other people on the board are and then I will….hahaha.

Home: CCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 1/24/2021
Offer accepted: 1/24/2021
Sent to ROFR: 1/26/2021
Passed ROFR: 2/23/2021
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 3/11/2021
Closing docs returned: 3/17/2021
Funds wired: 3/16/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 4/6/2021
Deed recorded: 4/8/2021
Points in account:

Last edited:
Do you guys ever contact Member Administration to ask for your contract to be established earlier than they may otherwise do it? I wrote MA on my last contract, and they helped expedite the establishment of the member account. I ran into problems with them loading the points, but that’s another story.

For the last contract, I had a special reason I was asking for expedited processing: I had a trip planned, DVC or not, within 3 weeks of deed recording. I don’t have that same need with this contract, so I’m trying to be cool (deed recorded 04/28). Still, I think most people on this message board are a little more anxious than the general public. I know I’m super anxious and impatient. So I’m battling with that internal struggle at the moment between need and want. This is obviously a want, so I’m trying not to bother…unless other people on the board are and then I will….hahaha.
Brand new to DVC so please excuse the ignorance, but where can one find that contact info? We're 13 days after deed recorded which isn't a long wait, but we have points that have to be used by Feb 1 so we're anxious to get it going! Is contacting them a good way to expedite or do they just say we will get to it when we get to it?

Home: HH
Broker: https://www.****************.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 5/6/2021
Offer accepted: 5/6/2021
Sent to ROFR: 5/7/2021
Passed ROFR:
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Funds wired:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Last edited:
Mine was recorded April 8 and still waiting. I tried calling DVC but the person on the phone couldn't help me.
I am waiting too but it has not been as long as that. I am calling them just to see if they can tell me where they are in regards to date of deed recording. I may not have any luck but I thought it was worth a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter