Closing Time!

Contract shown on the account today 2/10/2023. Asked member services about the points cause I saw dates open for CC in November when I have my Riv tripped planned but 1. Member services said would take a few more days and 2. By the time I refreshed, 2 days in the middle of my 4 day stay got booked lol. I lost twice today haha
Home Resort: CCV
Broker: DVCRM
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 12/19/2022
Offer accepted: 12/19/2022
Sent to ROFR: 12/21/2022
Passed ROFR: 1/6/2022
Closing docs received: 1/13/2022
Closing docs returned: 1/24/2022
Closing: 1/27/2022
Deed recorded: 1/31/2022
Contract Showing on Membership: Existing Member - 2/10/2022
Points in account: 2/13/2022 - called Member services

Days Total: 56 Days :)

You will get two emails from MA when your account is created. It can then take a week or two to have the points loaded by MS..however, many will call or chat with MS a day or two after they have their account to see if they can get the points added faster.
How long is typically from when the sale is logged with the County/Sent to Disney til when you get the emails? thanks!

How long is typically from when the sale is logged with the County/Sent to Disney til when you get the emails? thanks!
I received my emails exactly 2 weeks from the day my deed was recorded. That was last week. I’d been watching this thread, and I think it was almost identical to other timelines, so that’s probably a good estimate. 😊

I received my emails exactly 2 weeks from the day my deed was recorded. That was last week. I’d been watching this thread, and I think it was almost identical to other timelines, so that’s probably a good estimate. 😊
Oh man, that’s much better news than I anticipated from the closing email from the company I used. I guess they overestimate. I’m super anxious as this is my first time as a DVC owner.

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 1/22
Offer accepted: 1/22
Sent to ROFR: 1/23
Passed ROFR: 2/13
Closing docs received: 2/16
Closing docs returned: 2/16 (buyer)
Closing: 2/21
Deed recorded: 2/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 2/28
Points in account: 3/3 (via chat)

Days Total: 40

Last edited:
Woohoo, a fast ROFR. I'm sure me checking my emails every 30 seconds helped a LOT!

Home Resort: Grand Floridian
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: www.masontitle.com (Cammy)
Offer made: 1/26
Offer accepted: 1/26
Sent to ROFR: 1/30
Passed ROFR: 2/16
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned: Buyer:
Closing docs returned: Seller:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:

I’m not sure what is going on with the seller of my contract. It only took 15 day to pass ROFR. It took the title company about a week to send closing documents.. So far I’ve been waiting 16 days for the seller to sign. What’s weird is they did mail the notarized documents… we are just waiting for a digital docusign… not sure why that should take so long. I returned mine on day 1. :/

Okay done ranting, for now

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 1/6/2023
Offer accepted: 1/7/2023
Sent to ROFR: 1/8/2023
Passed ROFR: 1/25/2023
Closing docs received: 1/27/23
Closing docs returned: 1/30/23 (Buyer), 2/7/23 (Seller)
Closing: 2/8/2022
Deed recorded: 2/9/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 2/16/2023
Points in account:

Total Days:

I’m having a heck of a time getting two domestic sellers to return their docs. One has given my broker the run around saying it was sent, to then will get it that day three weeks ago, to need to docs sent to them again. Would think those selling now would want to get the transaction closed as soon as possible.

How soon after you receive your emails can you call to request points? I got my email yesterday afternoon, and when I called they said it wasn't ready yet and to wait 2 weeks...

Is this normal, or should I call and try with another CM?

Thanks!

I’m having a heck of a time getting two domestic sellers to return their docs. One has given my broker the run around saying it was sent, to then will get it that day three weeks ago, to need to docs sent to them again. Would think those selling now would want to get the transaction closed as soon as possible.
If they’re upside down on their loan and have to bring $$ to the table, maybe they’re trying to scrape those $$ together.

How soon after you receive your emails can you call to request points? I got my email yesterday afternoon, and when I called they said it wasn't ready yet and to wait 2 weeks...

Is this normal, or should I call and try with another CM?

Thanks!
Did you set up your account online already? If so, I’d try another CM. The first one I tried on chat told me it can take weeks for points to show. On the phone I told him we just got our account set up yesterday, can you help me get my points loaded and he said sure, let me take a look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter