Closing Time!

Are either of you financing perhaps? Closing docs can't go out until the title company has all of the documentation from the lender. They also may be waiting for something from the sales broker.
Not financing. Must have just ended up at the bottom of the pile lol

Will I receive an email from DVC when my new contract is changed over if it’s the same home resort and use year as our direct contract?

Just curious how I’ll know ?

Will I receive an email from DVC when my new contract is changed over if it’s the same home resort and use year as our direct contract?

Just curious how I’ll know ?

You should...but you will probably see it on your dashboard if you check regularly before you get it! That is what happened to me!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: Fidelity Real Estate
Title Company: First American Title (Lucy)
Offer made: 2/9/2023
Offer accepted: 2/10/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/27/2023
Closing docs received: 2/28/2023
Closing docs returned: 2/28/2023 (Buyer), 3/7/2023 (Seller)
Closing: 3/7/2023
Deed recorded: 3/9/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Total Days:

Last edited:
Home Resort: SSR
Broker: Fidelity
Title: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 1/26/2023
Offer accepted: 1/27/2023
Sent to ROFR: 1/30/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received: 2/20/2023
Closing docs returned: 2/21/2023 (buyer closing docs - waiting on seller still from what I know)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member add-on):
Points in account:

Total Days:

The closing docs quick turnaround makes me envious

When the broker emailed me about passing ROFR the email said it could take 14 to 21 days to get those from the title company

Cammy at Mason is great - she had the closing docs in my e-mail BEFORE I even was told I passed ROFR hahahaha. Bonnie over at Fidelity was amazed because Cammy got to the closing docs before they sent the e-mail saying I passed - all in the same day.

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Offer made: 2/11/2023
Offer accepted: 2/11/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/27/2023
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Total Days:

Update:
Home Resort: PVB
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Offer made: 2/8/2023
Offer accepted: 2/8/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/10/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/23/2023
Closing docs received: 2/27/2023
Closing docs returned: 2/27/23 (buyer returned-not sure about seller) Wired funds 2/28/2023
Closing: 3/24/23
Deed recorded: 3/24/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 4/6/23
Points in account: 4/7/23 (chat with membership services)

Total Days: 58 days-felt like forever

Last edited:
Just got done chatting with MS and now have our points!

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 1/18
Offer accepted: 1/18
Sent to ROFR: 1/19
Passed ROFR: 2/9
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/10
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/10
Closing docs returned (seller): 2/13
Closing: 2/21
Deed recorded: 2/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 2/27
Points in account: 2/28

Total days: 41

Other than the original listing having the incorrect UY, overall this was an excellent experience.

The UY was a bit of a bummer, as it would have matched up with our VGF contract, but it really came down to the perfect number of points for us to use for split stays.

Last edited:
Home Resort: VGC
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 01/09/2023
Offer accepted: 01/09/2023
Sent to ROFR: 01/11/2023
Passed ROFR: 01/26/2023
Closing docs received: 02/01/2023
Closing docs returned (buyer): 02/01/2023
Closing funds sent: 02/01/2023
Closing docs returned (seller): 02/21/2023
Closing: 02/21/2023
Deed recorded: 02/21/2023
Contract showing on Membership (existing member): 02/27/2023
Points in account: 02/28/2023

Days Total: 50

I just emailed our broker to see if I could get some info, but we closed on 2/10, says deed recorded on 2/9 (no idea how that happened), but we haven't heard anything from anyone since. No email from DVC. Is that what I am waiting for? We are brand new. This is our first DVC contract. So I do not have an account already established. I really want to book my summer trip! I am getting impatient! I saw that there are some after hours event tickets releasing soon for my date and DVC members get to buy a few days earlier than others. I am hoping I can do that!

Thank you for any advice you can offer to help out a newbie!
We bought our first contract resale last fall. It was 3 weeks after we closed before we got the new member account set up email. It was another week after that when our points were deposited. From what I read at the time 3-4 weeks was the norm for new account set up for resale buyers (we're not a priority to Disney).

Anyone else who recently passed ROFR with DVC Resale still waiting on closing docs? I know it's only been 4-5 days, but I received them within a day of passing last year with my first contract. I'm eager because our 7 month window opens on 4/14....

Anyone else who recently passed ROFR with DVC Resale still waiting on closing docs? I know it's only been 4-5 days, but I received them within a day of passing last year with my first contract. I'm eager because our 7 month window opens on 4/14....
Also still waiting… I passed on Friday 2/24.

I'm waiting.
Passed 2/23 Magic Vacation Title

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 12/26/2022
Offer accepted: 12/26/2022
Sent to ROFR: 12/28/2022
Passed ROFR: 1/19/2023
Closing docs received: 1/25/2023
Closing docs returned: 3/1/2023
Closing: 3/7/2023
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Last edited:
I am still waiting

I passed ROFR last Tuesday
We received the documents for one the day after passing ROFR, but hadn’t heard about the 1st one that had passed 8 days prior. A quick email and the concierge team at www.DVCresalemarket.com CC’d the closing agent in, we got the docs that afternoon, closed two days later.

So a polite chase doesn’t hurt anyone!

We received the documents for one the day after passing ROFR, but hadn’t heard about the 1st one that had passed 8 days prior. A quick email and the concierge team at www.DVCresalemarket.com CC’d the closing agent in, we got the docs that afternoon, closed two days later.

So a polite chase doesn’t hurt anyone!
thanks - i politely chased her this morning and she told me within 14-21 days for closing docs! i know that's what they put in my email but 2-3 weeks is a long time compared to 1 day last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter