Closing Time!

Don't tell me that.... I'm in my first ROFR as a new member and it's painful... so painful that I'm considering buying direct before my contract even gets taken (or, in the unlikely event, passes).
So resale …totally closed and got points in our account in 107 days, closed out two weeks ago. Weds I called for direct add on, 10.7 minutes later, all done!!! It’s amazing the difference.

So resale …totally closed and got points in our account in 107 days, closed out two weeks ago. Weds I called for direct add on, 10.7 minutes later, all done!!! It’s amazing the difference.
Yeap! We’ve decided if our contract is taken we’re doing direct that day. Then we’ll go resale to add on later!

Home Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 01/20/22
Offer accepted: 01/21/22
Sent to ROFR: 01/24/22
Passed ROFR: 02/18/22
Closing docs received: 02/23/22
Closing docs returned: 02/25/22 (buyer) | 03/11/22 (seller - International Seller)
Closing: 03/14/22
Deed recorded: 03/31/22
Contract Showing on Membership (Prior Member): 04/01/22
Points in account: 04/01/22

Days Total: 71

Closing docs returned: 02/25/22 (buyer) | 03/11/22 (seller - International Seller)

How did you get your contract to show on your account and points so quickly? We closed on our resale last Friday and deed recorded on Monday. I'm also a prior member.

How did you get your contract to show on your account and points so quickly? We closed on our resale last Friday and deed recorded on Monday. I'm also a prior member.
I seriously have NO idea how it happened :-o I got my Welcome Home email, then got on chat via the DVC site the next day to make a request to load the points. The CM told me it could take 4 - 6 weeks to process, so I was reluctantly ready to settle in for another wait (I've been getting good at it - only a little hair loss and developed the slightest of tics ;-) ). 2 hours later, the points were there!

I seriously have NO idea how it happened :-o I got my Welcome Home email, then got on chat via the DVC site the next day to make a request to load the points. The CM told me it could take 4 - 6 weeks to process, so I was reluctantly ready to settle in for another wait (I've been getting good at it - only a little hair loss and developed the slightest of tics ;-) ). 2 hours later, the points were there!
Your title co must have sent the transfer request right after it closed. 18-21 days is pretty standard. Though not sure why it took over 2 weeks for your contract to get recorded. I do agree about getting your points loaded. I too chatted with a CM a day or two after our contract showed up in our account and he was able to load them right away. It would be inhumane to make someone wait 4-6 weeks to give them their points.

Last edited:

Wow - amazing turnaround time on getting the membership and points.

OK so my Rep is awesome and got them to load my membership for me today! I tried to chat to have points loaded but got the run around on wait time. I will try again tomorrow as most of these posts suggest to wait a day. SO CLOSE>>>
that's great! i just bought VGF2 and I asked my guide and he said no!!! Boo! He gave me the email to request myself. Who is your guide?

OK so my Rep is awesome and got them to load my membership for me today! I tried to chat to have points loaded but got the run around on wait time. I will try again tomorrow as most of these posts suggest to wait a day. SO CLOSE>>>
I've worked with Hubert as well when exploring direct points, but never bought, he is great. Are you also a direct member?

Of course when I emailed my closing agent today, I got an out of office indicating that she won’t be back until Tuesday. At least it will give me a reason to not bug her until then.
Found out from this thread that my closing agent at Magic Vacation left the company. I'm glad I did otherwise who knows how long it would've taken to hear from them! Looks like I got assigned your agent, since mine is also out of office until Tuesday. 7 days and counting now and still haven't received closing docs...

Update: FINAL (total 58 days)
Home Resort: Copper Creek Villas (175 pts.)
Broker:DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 02/01/2022
Offer accepted: 02/01/2022 (0 day)
Sent to ROFR: 02/02/2022 (1 day)
Passed ROFR: 02/24/2022 (22 days)
Closing docs received: 03/02/2022 (6 days)
Closing docs returned: 03/02/2022 (0 days)
Closing: 03/08/2022 (6 days)
Deed recorded: 03/09/2022 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership 03/27/2022 (18 days)
Points in account: 03/31/2022 (4 days) Chat with MS

Found out from this thread that my closing agent at Magic Vacation left the company. I'm glad I did otherwise who knows how long it would've taken to hear from them! Looks like I got assigned your agent, since mine is also out of office until Tuesday. 7 days and counting now and still haven't received closing docs...
You really have to stay on them. I was promised closing docs on Friday & followed back up today and saying now that I should receive them tomorrow. REALLY missing Cammy!!!

2nd of 3 resale purchases within week of each other.

Update: FINAL (total 60 days)
Home Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge (250 pts.)
Broker:DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 01/30/2022 (1 day)
Offer accepted: 01/31/2022 (1day)
Sent to ROFR: 02/01/2022 (1 day)
Passed ROFR: 02/24/2022 (23 days)
Closing docs received: 02/25/22 (1 day)
Closing docs returned: 02/26/22
Closing: 3/10/2022 (14 days)
Deed recorded: 03/14/2022 (4 days)
Contract Showing on Membership 3/30/2022 (16 days)
Points in account: 04/1/2022 (2 days) Chat with MS

Our second contract with points in Membership account, waiting on third and final contract which currently is at Member Administration for 11 days.
Hoping this long and crazy road is coming to a conclusion... it will be well worth all the frustration along the way!

Ugh I’m sorry. I was actually in a bad car accident this weekend (everyone walked away alive and without major injuries) so I haven’t had time to think about it. But now that it’s Tuesday………………

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter