Closing Time!

Got our membership email a lot earlier than expected!! I'll be calling MS this week to get our points loaded up!!

Here's our latest update:

Home Resort: OKW
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/17
Offer accepted: 2/18
Sent to ROFR: 2/21
Passed ROFR: 3/15 (23 days)
Estoppel Issued: 3/15
Closing docs received: 3/16 (1 day)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/21 (5 days)
Seller Closing docs returned: 4/11 (25 days)
Closing: 4/12 (1 day)
Deed recorded: 4/14 (2 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 4/25 (11 days)
Points in account:

Days Total: 67 days (and counting)

Final Update

Home Resort: AUL
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 02/14
Offer accepted: 02/14
Sent to ROFR: 02/15
Passed ROFR: 03/11
Closing docs received: 03/22
Closing docs returned by buyer: 03/25 (used virtual notary)
Closing docs returned by seller: 04/05
Closing: 04/11
Deed recorded: 04/11
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 04/24 (the dvc busy fairies are busy on sundays!)
Points in account: 04/25 (called member services to have them loaded)

Days Total: 70 days
The process is not for the faint of heart, if you have your heart set on booking a vacation plan to buy resale as early as you can!
We were able to book our trip although it was inside the 7 month window. Phew

Final Update

Home Resort: AUL
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 02/14
Offer accepted: 02/14
Sent to ROFR: 02/15
Passed ROFR: 03/11
Closing docs received: 03/22
Closing docs returned by buyer: 03/25 (used virtual notary)
Closing docs returned by seller: 04/05
Closing: 04/11
Deed recorded: 04/11
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 04/24 (the dvc busy fairies are busy on sundays!)
Points in account: 04/25 (called member services to have them loaded)

Days Total: 70 days
The process is not for the faint of heart, if you have your heart set on booking a vacation plan to buy resale as early as you can!
We were able to book our trip although it was inside the 7 month window. Phew
Yay! Congrats!! We got our account today and I called to get points jn. They told me they to call back if not in in three days. I’m calling again tomorrow haha

Btw these boards have been so so incredibly useful. I moved here from the rofr board and now I’m wondering where I go after I actually get my points?!! What threads do you guys recommend next?

Btw these boards have been so so incredibly useful. I moved here from the rofr board and now I’m wondering where I go after I actually get my points?!! What threads do you guys recommend next?
Head over to some of the resort threads, watch some YT room tours, and plan out your next couple of trips. Check the website every now and then to see what availability looks like at the 7 month mark. Be careful though, addonitis hits strong after doing all those things! After our first contract in October (SSR), we added on points direct at RIV during our welcome home stay. And now, all the hype of VGF2 on the boards is what made us want a VGF resale contract. Hoping we get our activation e-mail soon (added on a second UY)!

It is killing me...we closed on the 31st and nothing yet. Hopefully within the next week!
That would kill me too. Seems very late. I’d contact the broker and call member administration and check my spam email folders too just in case

How do you know when the Estoppel is issued? Does that come to me or the title agency?
It will go to your broker or the title agency. Lately, Disney has been issuing the Estoppel certificate at the time of ROFR waiver, so the broker has been receiving both pieces of information at that time.

It will go to your broker or the title agency. Lately, Disney has been issuing the Estoppel certificate at the time of ROFR waiver, so the broker has been receiving both pieces of information at that time.
Got it. Ok, the broker did not tell me that was the case but I'll take your word for it... LOL.

Got it. Ok, the broker did not tell me that was the case but I'll take your word for it... LOL.
While it's not likely they're issuing both at the same time in every instance, there are recent reports that they are doing it in many cases. For example, mine was issued at the same time in early April. Which IMO, makes sense from an efficiency standpoint in what can sometimes be a puzzling ROFR process.

Head over to some of the resort threads, watch some YT room tours, and plan out your next couple of trips. Check the website every now and then to see what availability looks like at the 7 month mark. Be careful though, addonitis hits strong after doing all those things! After our first contract in October (SSR), we added on points direct at RIV during our welcome home stay. And now, all the hype of VGF2 on the boards is what made us want a VGF resale contract. Hoping we get our activation e-mail soon (added on a second UY)!
This is hilarious - we added the same contracts in the same order! I started with SSR April '20 then added RIV direct when they opened back up July '20 then added VGF March '21 and again this March. You should be receiving your points any day now & hopefully I'm close behind!

I recommend you go back to the ROFR board to buy your next contract 🤣
oh, i already have an alert to let me know about new small contracts!!!! i mentioned a few weeks ago that we were in a car accident. my mother (the owner of our current contract) broke her collarbone and will likely receive a settlement. we've already convinced her to BUY MORE POINTS. this is a terrible addiction!!!!!

This is hilarious - we added the same contracts in the same order! I started with SSR April '20 then added RIV direct when they opened back up July '20 then added VGF March '21 and again this March. You should be receiving your points any day now & hopefully I'm close behind!
the addonitis is real!!! when did you get your contract loaded in??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter