Closing Time!

Closed on my resale contract a couple of weeks ago and just got the email with my activation code. But it's asking for my Club ID and activation code -- do those come in separate emails?
so it took about 2 weeks to get your activtion code? I'm a week in and honestly I think this wait is worse than the ROFR!! lol

So, I was able to get my membership set up but of course, the points aren't loaded yet. I chatted with MS and they said to give it a week and if they've not loaded contact them and they'd see if they can load them. On the boards, I've read some people being able to get them loaded within 24 hours of setting up their account by contacting member services. Should I call or should I really wait a week? I'm trying to get a couple of nights at the end of January, so I'm pretty impatient about getting this done. Just wanted to see if they really can load them quickly or if I should actually wait?
I've read a lot of people had success going through the chat. Did you call to get your ID or did the second email come? I'm trying to book something in October, so being super impatient!

so it took about 2 weeks to get your activtion code? I'm a week in and honestly I think this wait is worse than the ROFR!! lol
It actually took a little over three weeks from my closing date to get my email with the activation code and Club ID. And now I've set up my account and the points still are not there.

I've read a lot of people had success going through the chat. Did you call to get your ID or did the second email come? I'm trying to book something in October, so being super impatient!
I chatted and struck out. I think I'm just going to call later today and see if they can help me.

Home Resort: CCV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/28/22
Offer accepted: 6/28/22
Sent to ROFR: 6/29/22
Passed ROFR: 8/08/22
Closing docs received: 8/08/22
Closing docs returned: 8/08/22
Closing: 8/17/22
Deed recorded: 8/17/22
Contract Showing on Membership (New Member): 8/31/22
Points in account: 9/1/22

Days Total: 66 days

Last edited:
I chatted and struck out. I think I'm just going to call later today and see if they can help me.
Let us know how it goes by calling. I’ve tried chat twice this time around with no luck. The second CM did say to give them 5-7 business days and to contact them again if I didn’t see the points in that timeframe. It’s been a while, but it took about 5 business days (without contacting) to see our points on our account after the contract showed on the site last time.

Let us know how it goes by calling. I’ve tried chat twice this time around with no luck. The second CM did say to give them 5-7 business days and to contact them again if I didn’t see the points in that timeframe. It’s been a while, but it took about 5 business days (without contacting) to see our points on our account after the contract showed on the site last time.
Ohhh, good to know. I will share my results for sure. I'm going to call later today and try to sweet-talk them to see if they can help me!

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: DVCStore.com
Title Company: Harris
Offer made: 7/3/2022
Offer accepted: 7/3/2022
Sent to ROFR: 7/11/2022
Passed ROFR: 8/03/22
Closing docs received: Delayed closing until 11/14
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Offer made: 7/3/22
Offer accepted: 7/3/22
Sent to ROFR: 7/11/22
Passed ROFR: 8/09/22
Closing docs received: 8/09/22
Closing docs returned: 8/09/22
Closing: 8/16/22
Deed recorded: 8/17/22
Contract Showing on Membership:9/7/22 ( error in Name caused addendum)
Points in account:

Last edited:
Ohhh, good to know. I will share my results for sure. I'm going to call later today and try to sweet-talk them to see if they can help me!

It really is hit or miss to get MS to call the CM;'s who handle the point loading to get them to move you up in the line. It seems we have had more reports lately of people not having as much success after that 24 hour mark as we have in the past.

But, definitely discuss how important it is to get your reservation and that because you are already inside of the 7 month window you are concerned about not having any rooms left if it takes another week.

Good luck!

What is everyone experience with closing... Im supposed to close today but havent heard from the broker or title company. Is this normal? UPDATE: Just heard from title company the transaction closed, just my impatience showing through

Last edited:
Yes this is clearly Disney just punishing resale members. You could buy directly today and have an account setup with points in it within hours. Seems extremely silly Disney is taking this approach

And Disney sent the closing docs today which is 6 days before closing. I'm a motivated seller so I have already signed, notarized, and sent back the documents.

Home Resort: SSR #1
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: Disney
Offer made: 6/5
Offer accepted: 6/5
Sent to ROFR: 6/6
Taken in ROFR: 7/6 (30 days)
Closing docs received (seller): 8/9 (34 days)
Closing docs returned (seller): 8/9 (34 days)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Removed from Membership:
Funds disbursed:

Days Total:

Home Resort: SSR #2
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: Disney
Offer made: 6/5
Offer accepted: 6/5
Sent to ROFR: 6/6
Taken in ROFR: 7/6 (30 days)
Closing docs received (seller): 8/9 (34 days)
Closing docs returned (seller): 8/9 (34 days)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Removed from Membership:
Funds disbursed:

Days Total:

Edited - existing membership - not new.
----
Getting close! This took a bit more time, since my bank could not seem to get a cashiers check figured out over the phone. Once I went into the branch, totally solved in 15min, including fixing past mistakes. :)

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: https://dvcbyresale.com/
Title Company: JEFFREY C. SWEET ATTORNEY AT LAW
Offer made: 6/19
Offer accepted: 6/19
Sent to ROFR: 6/20
Passed ROFR: 7/18
Closing docs received: 7/18
Closing docs returned: 7/19
Closing payment sent: 7/29 (Bank kept screwing up my cashiers check)
Closing: 8/3
Deed recorded: 8/3
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
I’ll add this because sometimes I see this asked: the contract isn’t showing on my dashboard yet. I can see it under my member information on my profile and under “view” when I search for a room. I also didn’t get an email. It just showed up.
How long did it take to show up on your dashboard after you noticed it in your profile? This is my situation as well. I see the contract pretty much everywhere on the website except for on my dashboard.

How long did it take to show up on your dashboard after you noticed it in your profile? This is my situation as well. I see the contract pretty much everywhere on the website except for on my dashboard.
It still isn’t showing on my dashboard. My points aren’t loaded yet so maybe it will show up then?

It still isn’t showing on my dashboard. My points aren’t loaded yet so maybe it will show up then?
I would think so too. I find it strange that my new contract (existing membership and usage year) is listed under my profile and shows up as a home resort for booking but isn't showing on my dashboard yet. I know the points are loaded later but it usually shows up with zero points first.

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: Fidelity
Offer made: April 20
Offer accepted: April 21
Sent to ROFR: April 25
Passed ROFR: May 23
Closing docs received: May 24
Closing docs returned: Jun 22 (international sale, long wait for seller to find notary and do closing docs etc)
Closing: Jun 28
Deed recorded: Jun 28
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): Jul 26, I believe - I was away on a business trip that week but this date is when my "Welcome Home!" and other emails came through; did not set up my new member account until July 30, contract was already visible then
Points in account:

Days Total:
108 days and counting!

Chatted in today and they said 6-8 weeks from closing day to get points loaded! Meanwhile I have 2021 points expiring end of September :scared: Guess I'll try calling tomorrow?

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: Fidelity
Offer made: April 20
Offer accepted: April 21
Sent to ROFR: April 25
Passed ROFR: May 23
Closing docs received: May 24
Closing docs returned: Jun 22 (international sale, long wait for seller to find notary and do closing docs etc)
Closing: Jun 28
Deed recorded: Jun 28
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): Jul 26, I believe - I was away on a business trip that week but this date is when my "Welcome Home!" and other emails came through; did not set up my new member account until July 30, contract was already visible then
Points in account: Aug 9

Days Total: 111 days, whew

Chatted in today to get points loaded. Now... off to book some nights!!! :snail:

How long does it usually take between ROFR being waived and closing? The final day to close for ours is in 18 days and we're still in ROFR

How long does it usually take between ROFR being waived and closing? The final day to close for ours is in 18 days and we're still in ROFR
It depends on the title company. Who are you using? Mason is the fastest and Magic Vacation Title takes 2 weeks to get the paperwork out.

Well, I chatted this morning and told them the situation about wanting to book for January. After explaining that it can take 6 to 8 weeks for the points to show up after closing, I asked him if there was anything he could do. He had me wait and came back five minutes later to tell me the points were loaded. Success! I booked my first DVC stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter