Sent to ROFR: 1/28/23
Passed ROFR: 2/16/23
Closing docs received: 2/16/23
Closing docs returned: mine 2/18/23 , sellers 3/17/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (not new member):
Points in account:

OK timff18; you've officially surpassed me in this race. I'm still waiting confirmation from Cammy that the seller's documents have been received. :confused3 (going on 3 weeks now)!!
Today is Day#45 (also the day that I had hoped to use my new points for a Feb.2024 Ressie):sad2:

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 2/1
Offer accepted: 2/3
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/23
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/27/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/28/23
Closing docs returned (seller): @*$&%#^
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Total Days:
45 & Counting........

My sellers are dragging their feet… Not happy at all…. Makes me think moving forward I need at least a 30% discount over direct to deal with this…
My sellers have been holding on signing for over a week. Not crazy long, but super frustrating when we planned to book in October and all the rooms are getting gobbled up.

My sellers have been holding on signing for over a week. Not crazy long, but super frustrating when we planned to book in October and all the rooms are getting gobbled up.
Yes, I wrote this to the closing agent, that I am hoping to use the points and would be grateful for anything they can do to move this along. Unsure whether that will help or not, but I figured it can’t hurt to ask.

OK timff18; you've officially surpassed me in this race. I'm still waiting confirmation from Cammy that the seller's documents have been received. :confused3 (going on 3 weeks now)!!
Today is Day#45 (also the day that I had hoped to use my new points for a Feb.2024 Ressie):sad2:

Home Resort: BWV
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 2/1
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/27/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/28/23
Closing docs returned (seller): @*$&%#^
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Total Days:
45 & Counting........
It is incredibly frustrating! Luckily I was not waiting for these points to book anything. What is the closing date in your contract? Mine is 3/20/23, so I was assured it will close by then (after I threatened to cancel the purchase if the closing date passes without the seller returning the documents).

Final update :)

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/31/2023
Offer accepted: 1/31/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/1/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received (buyer): 3/1/2023
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/1/2023
Funds wired: 3/1/2023
Closing: 3/6/2023
Deed recorded: 3/7/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/15/2023
Points in account: 3/18/2023 (I did not call or contact Disney to add them)

Days Total: 47

Updated! Man that was fast! Shoutout to Lucy from First American Title. She was awesome.

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: Fidelity Real Estate
Title Company: First American Title (Lucy)
Offer made: 2/9/2023
Offer accepted: 2/10/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/27/2023
Closing docs received: 2/28/2023
Closing docs returned: 2/28/2023 (Buyer), 3/7/2023 (Seller)
Closing: 3/7/2023
Deed recorded: 3/9/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/16/2023
Points in account: 3/18/2023

Total Days: 37

Yes, I wrote this to the closing agent, that I am hoping to use the points and would be grateful for anything they can do to move this along. Unsure whether that will help or not, but I figured it can’t hurt to ask.
ugh i'm really sorry. we had that last year, when we waited 3 weeks for the seller to return his docs. i emailed every week and then i emailed a few times in the ten days prior. it was incredibly frustrating.

Update #1

Home Resort: AKV
Title Company: First American (Lucy Ochoa)
Offer made: 2/27
Offer accepted: 2/28
Sent to ROFR: 3/2
Passed ROFR: 3/8
Closing docs received (buyer): 3/10
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/10
Closing docs returned (seller): 3/16
Closing: 3/17
Deed recorded: 3/17
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Total Days:

How many days is normal for the broker to wait before sending things to rofr? All our documents have been signed for several days and I was told by the contract coordinator that I will be notified when the package is sent to rofr. I don’t want to be a pain but it’s hard understanding what the hold up is. Is there a certain number of days after which I should follow up and see why things still haven’t been sent?

Final Update:

Home Resort: OKW
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 2/8
Offer accepted: 2/8
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/24
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/24
Closing docs returned (seller): 3/1, or 3/2*
Closing: 3/9
Deed recorded: 3/10
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 3/17
Points in account: 3/20 (via chat)

Days Total: 41

* Assumed based on date they were signed and projected closing date.

Last edited:
How many days is normal for the broker to wait before sending things to rofr? All our documents have been signed for several days and I was told by the contract coordinator that I will be notified when the package is sent to rofr. I don’t want to be a pain but it’s hard understanding what the hold up is. Is there a certain number of days after which I should follow up and see why things still haven’t been sent?

Most are sent in a few days…I had one take a week…but that was because the buyer was slower to sign…

If it has been a week. I’d check to make sure you didn’t miss an email.

Most are sent in a few days…I had one take a week…but that was because the buyer was slower to sign…

If it has been a week. I’d check to make sure you didn’t miss an email.
Thanks for the info! We weren’t notified when the seller signed the document either so I have no idea how many days it’s been since they signed but we signed last Tuesday…

Update! Getting closer!!!

Home Resort: OKW(E)
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 2/8
Offer accepted: 2/8
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/27
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/27
Closing docs returned (seller): Not sure lol
Closing: 3/9
Deed recorded: 3/10
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/20
Points in account:

Total Days:

for new membership people.... how long did it take from the deed recorded date to Disney sending you a email with your log on information. I am hoping to have something by this weekend.

Our deed recorded date was 3/16.

Thank you!

Getting so frustrated - my funds and all documents have been together for closing for over a week now. I didn't even wire my funds until I had confirmation sellers documents were received and I still haven't closed.

We have points expiring that are banked from 2021 and I need to use them!!

EDIT: yes im impatient.

for new membership people.... how long did it take from the deed recorded date to Disney sending you a email with your log on information. I am hoping to have something by this weekend.

Our deed recorded date was 3/16.

Thank you!
10 days for me, including the weekend.

Home Resort: SSR
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made: 2/2
Sent to ROFR: 2/6
Passed ROFR: 2/22
Closing docs received: 3/8
Closing docs returned: 3/8
Closing: 3/13
Deed recorded: 3/20
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): *update* 4/1
Points in account: *update* still waiting :( even after calling - they told me it could take up to 6 weeks

Last edited:
Getting so frustrated - my funds and all documents have been together for closing for over a week now. I didn't even wire my funds until I had confirmation sellers documents were received and I still haven't closed.

We have points expiring that are banked from 2021 and I need to use them!!

EDIT: yes im impatient.
I get it. We are closed and recorded, but still waiting for points to load. Since we have full 21 points the wait is excruciating. I hope you get things done soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter