• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!

Update**

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: No Broker Link Provided
Title: link not provided
Offer made: 3/24/2023
Offer accepted: 3/24/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/7/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/25/2023 (18 days)
Closing docs received: 4/27/2023
Closing docs returned: 4/27/2023 (buyer), 5/3/2023 (seller)
Closing: Scheduled for 5/12/2023
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Total Days:

I’m really not trying to complain but based on other posts/people i talk to, my experience with buying resale has not been the least bit great.

My contract was signed by me on 3/14. Seller signed and we were off to ROFR on 3/24. Got back ROFR on 3/31. Went over to Mason and I signed everything by 4/4. Apparently seller did not send back/sign til 4/24. As soon as I got notice of that, I ran to the bank to wire my money over. 2 weeks with no response I finally reached out to a different person at my title company. Was told that the closing date is set for today.

Maybe I’m wrong but I see so many other people who went through all this after me that are getting their points/welcome letters. Here I am hoping I get points in time to book for August as most rooms are sold out for my dates now.

Do I have any chance of asking for some type of fee reimbursement? It feels as if so many people through this process were not on top of my contract as they should have been and that I just slipped through the cracks.

I’m sure people will disagree but this process has been a nightmare.
its not too bad of a timeline... there have been some people that have had incredible fast turn-around time vs not so fast. For my self I am on Day 45 since offer accepted (3/25) and all part from myside have been done with 1 day turn around... and ROFR was passed on 4/13 and seller signed off on 4/27 (deed recorded on 5/1)

During all these time I received 1 email from and 1 text from my broker (offer accepted email and text) and had to follow up with my title company multiple time as a reminder (seller had 5 people to sign and notarize so it took some time)

I am hoping to see my membership email next week which would make my total resale experience as 52 days (I am expecting next Wed so probably 54 days?)

As you can see you and I are about 1 week apart which isnt too bad.. (I had to follow up alot with my title company..)

Hopefully everything from here goes smoothly for you and as far as your Aug booking I am sure there will be something available (like at SSR 1 BR) but don't expect like GF or Poly Studio to be available.. there not even available at 10 month mark..

wish you the best and have a great week

I’m really not trying to complain but based on other posts/people i talk to, my experience with buying resale has not been the least bit great.

My contract was signed by me on 3/14. Seller signed and we were off to ROFR on 3/24. Got back ROFR on 3/31. Went over to Mason and I signed everything by 4/4. Apparently seller did not send back/sign til 4/24. As soon as I got notice of that, I ran to the bank to wire my money over. 2 weeks with no response I finally reached out to a different person at my title company. Was told that the closing date is set for today.

Maybe I’m wrong but I see so many other people who went through all this after me that are getting their points/welcome letters. Here I am hoping I get points in time to book for August as most rooms are sold out for my dates now.

Do I have any chance of asking for some type of fee reimbursement? It feels as if so many people through this process were not on top of my contract as they should have been and that I just slipped through the cracks.

I’m sure people will disagree but this process has been a nightmare

Not that it will make you feel better... I had the same experience you are having with one of my recent resale purchases. I had to call the company you mentioned & ask multiple times for updates on every step. After the seller returned signed the final paperwork, it took 2 weeks for them to schedule closing/submit the deed! I'm still waiting on those points, which also have expiring points soon. :(

In comparison, a contract I bought after this one through a different title company closed a week before this one.

Not sure if you'd have any repercussion (or if it is worth dealing with), depends on what the contract says though.

I really hope you have the best of luck finding those last minute cancellations you need to book your dream trip. I know I'll be stalking reservations once my expiring points are funded. Fingers crossed for you!

I’m sure people will disagree but this process has been a nightmare.
We used Mason too. We had seller closing docs returned and we wired our money over on April 5. Our closing after that point was set for April 18 which felt like forever AND comparatively long considering times posted here. They contractually have a lot longer to get closing docs finalized and for closing to actually occur. The close date was in the contract you signed so as long as they have it in by or before that day, you almost definitely wouldn't get any reimbursement of any kind.

It seems like things are taking longer in all aspects after ROFR. I think there has just been a flood of contracts coming through recently and it's mucking up the flow a bit.

This is kind of the trade off on buying resale vs direct. You save a ton of money but the process of actually getting your points is slow and unusual punishment.

We used Mason too. We had seller closing docs returned and we wired our money over on April 5. Our closing after that point was set for April 18 which felt like forever AND comparatively long considering times posted here.
Did the seller have financing in place that required payoff?

For us, we signed our contract on Apr 7 and sellers on Apr 7/8. We passed ROFR on May 1 and we signed the closing docs and wired funds the same afternoon. I emailed Mason to ask if the sellers had signed even though it had only been a week, and they've just told me that they are waiting on Disney to issue the final statement which should be tomorrow, then as soon as they have that, closing will occur. Seems positive...

edit: I also looked up the sellers' original deed and saw that they originally had a mortgage on the deed, but that was satisfied several years back.

Welp. Same here. Looks like I’ve got many more weeks of waiting. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hopefully you are closer to closing than not. I’ll keep an eye out for your update!
Looking back your closing documents took longer. They told me that someone works with sellers from Japan and would notify us as soon as an appt is made. Not sure since I do not know the process there but would have thought they would have scheduled an appt by now.

Last edited:
Wait until you're trapped in the "waiting for the contract to appear on your dashboard" phase. There's absolutely zero you can do to expedite things at that stage, but try to ignore the interminably slow passage of time.
This is us. I called Membership services and they saw nothing on their end. It's been two weeks now.

Broker: ******************
Title: Mason
Offer made: 4/12/2023
Offer accepted: 4/12/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/12/2023
Passed ROFR: 5/2/2023
Closing docs received: 5/8/2023
Closing docs returned: 5/8/2023 (buyer)
Closing: Scheduled for 6/12/2023
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Update**

Broker: No Broker Link Provided
Title: link not provided
Offer made: 3/24/2023
Offer accepted: 3/24/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/7/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/25/2023 (18 days)
Closing docs received: 4/27/2023
Closing docs returned: 4/27/2023 (buyer), 5/3/2023 (seller)
Closing: 5/9/2023
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Total Days:

Just out of curiosity, why does it always seem the sellers take the longest to get the closing documents back. We had everything in less than 24 hours and I am anxiously awaiting. Not trying to bash just a genuine honest question

Just out of curiosity, why does it always seem the sellers take the longest to get the closing documents back. We had everything in less than 24 hours and I am anxiously awaiting. Not trying to bash just a genuine honest question

They have to get them notarized and that can sometimes take time to get it done based on schedules.

We sold once and it took about week or so to arrange it with my DH and I to have the same time in our schedules to make it work.

**UPDATE**

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 03/31/23
Offer accepted: 03/31/23
Sent to ROFR: 04/06/23
Passed ROFR: 04/21/23
Closing docs received: 04/25/23
Closing docs returned: 04/26/23 (mine)
Closing: 05/09/23
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Nearing the finish line and happy the process is coming to a close.

On a related note - Cammy (my original agent) has definitely left Mason as Marcelo closed my transaction.

Looking back your closing documents took longer. They told me that someone works with sellers from Japan and would notify us as soon as an appt is made. Not sure since I do not know the process there but would have thought they would have scheduled an appt by now.
I was told the same by the broker, that there was a Hawaii broker that worked with Japan sellers to help them along. I reached out to escrow and there are no updates, but they would let me know if there were any status changes. Truth be told, they haven't been very forthcoming with information thus far.

Home Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.firstamericantitle.com
Offer made: 04/07/23
Offer accepted: 04/07/23
Sent to ROFR: 04/13/23
Passed ROFR: 05/01/23
Closing docs received: 05/04/23
Closing docs returned: 05/04/23 (mine)
Closing: 06/10/23
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Updating my post for the last time...

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: www.firstam.com
Offer Made: 3/20/2023
Offer Accepted: 3/21/2023
Sent to ROFR: 3/28/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/4/2023
Closing docs received: 4/6/2023
Closing docs returned: Buyer 4/6/2023, Seller 4/19/2023
Funds Wired: 4/20/2023
Closing: ???
Deed Recorded 4/24/2023
Contract showing on membership (existing member): 5/7/2023
Points in account: 5/10/2023

A grand total of 51 days from the day our offer was accepted! And I didn't even have to call or chat for the points, they just showed up this am :flower:

The whole process couldn't have gone smoother and I was really worried because I didn't even think to ask for a different title company and the talk on the boards is that www.firstam.com stinks but I have to say they were great! We got our contract very quickly and as you can see, the whole thing went very quickly. I know I'm just one person but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter