• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!

Just out of curiosity, why does it always seem the sellers take the longest to get the closing documents back. We had everything in less than 24 hours and I am anxiously awaiting. Not trying to bash just a genuine honest question
Well you're clearly not the one who bought my contract because I took my envelope of signed and notarized documents to FedEx the day I received them. The title company had provided a pre-paid shipping label but it was for 2 day shipping. That's 2 business days, so it took 4 calendar days for my paperwork to reach the title company. I don't know if I'm supposed to get notified when the buyer's paperwork and money are received, but I haven't heard anything yet.

I know buyers normally want the points as soon as possible, but I want my money!

The deed needed to be signed before a Notary plus another witness. Some places will provide a notary but make you bring your own witness. Other places will provide a notary and a witness, but if you just show up they might not have both employees working at that time. I work with people who are notaries so it was easy for me, but it's not so easy for everyone.

They have to get them notarized and that can sometimes take time to get it done based on schedules.

We sold once and it took about week or so to arrange it with my DH and I to have the same time in our schedules to make it work.
Ok thank you. That helps makes sense of it all. First time buyer here.

My daughter has a tournament in Orlando at the end of June, I am booking at the Marriot as a back up but really wanted to use our new points since we have family coming in for it. It’s gonna be a very short timeline which I already knew but here is to continually watching my emails and Saratoga availability till then 🤞🤞🤞

**UPDATE**

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 03/31/23
Offer accepted: 03/31/23
Sent to ROFR: 04/06/23
Passed ROFR: 04/21/23
Closing docs received: 04/25/23
Closing docs returned: 04/26/23 (mine)
Closing: 05/09/23
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Nearing the finish line and happy the process is coming to a close.

On a related note - Cammy (my original agent) has definitely left Mason as Marcelo closed my transaction.
Same here. Just closed yesterday and Marcelo was the one to send over the closing information.

Update**

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: No Broker Link Provided
Title: link not provided
Offer made: 3/24/2023
Offer accepted: 3/24/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/7/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/25/2023 (18 days)
Closing docs received: 4/27/2023
Closing docs returned: 4/27/2023 (buyer), 5/3/2023 (seller)
Closing: 5/9/2023
Deed recorded: 5/10/2023
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Total Days:

Need help in knowing what to expect for our second resale contract. First has closed, and points were loaded approximately 2 weeks later. Second contract closed today. Should I expect the same amount of time to see the second contract on dashboard? I am assuming there isn’t an email from Disney for login info. It is a different home resort, but same UY if that matters at all for timing. Wondering if having a member number already, has any bearing on this. Really need this loaded to use the points! First contract was stripped.
Also, broker email said Disney will send us a Welcome Home letter through regular mail??
Didn’t experience this the first time.

I think so too.

We did go ahead with our plan to buy GFV, just went direct instead and that contact & pts were in account & used within 2 hrs

But for PVB resale closed on 4/25 and still impatiently waiting for it to show up in existing account, really only been 11 days so far …just seems longer.

In the meantime keep seeing room inventory for after Thanksgiving week going down..down..down.

I closed 14 days ago and nothing! Had expected to hear at 13 days. Sounds like other people in the same boat, I don't feel as lonely anymore :)

Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: March 29, 2023
Offer accepted: March 30, 2023
Sent to ROFR: March 31, 2023
Passed ROFR: April 13, 2023
Closing docs received: April 17, 2023
Closing docs returned: April 18, 2023
Closing: April 24, 2023
Deed recorded: April 25, 2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): May 9, 2023
Points in account: May 10, 2023 (via chat with Member services)

Days Total: 43

not a final update
Home resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 4/5/2023
Offer accepted: 4/6/2023
contract signed: 4/8/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/10/2023
Passed ROFR 4/27/2023
Closing docs received: 5/1/2023
Closing docs returned: 5/1/2023 (buyer)
Funds wired: 5/2/2023
Closing: 5/12/2023 (scheduled)
Deed recorded:
Contract showing on membership (new):
points in account:
total days: total still unknown but right now 37 days between offer and closing ....

5/11 Update - got my activation emails in the evening today! I emailed membership administration, not sure if that did anything today. They said they are processing things in the order received.

==
Hoping I am right behind you.. nothing yet from disney (new member). Yesterday was their earnings report so I wonder if that held things up.

Broker:
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: March 9, 2023
Offer accepted: March 10, 2023
Sent to ROFR: March 16, 2023
Passed ROFR: March 29, 2023
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned: April 17, 2023
Closing: April 25, 2023
Deed recorded: April 26, 2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 5/11/23
Points in account: 5/12 via chat

Days Total: 64 days

Last edited:
Home Resort: Copper Creek
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 3/24
Offer accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/25
Passed ROFR: 4/04
Closing docs received: 5/01
Closing docs returned - Buyer : 5/02
Closing docs returned - Seller: 5/09
Closing: 5/10
Deed recorded: 5/11
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Hoping I am right behind you.. nothing yet from disney (new member). Yesterday was their earnings report so I wonder if that held things up.

Broker:
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: March 9, 2023
Offer accepted: March 10, 2023
Sent to ROFR: March 16, 2023
Passed ROFR: March 29, 2023
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned: April 17, 2023
Closing: April 25, 2023
Deed recorded: April 26, 2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:
Same. I’m 4/27 and haven’t seen it pop up on my account yet. Hopefully tomorrow for us all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Boat! Deed recorded 4/26! Fingers Crossed!
I have two that closed at the end of April. My patience is getting the best of me.. lol
I actually called this week, as we're headed to Disney next week. ( I had a wild idea that maybe I could use some points and cancel my cash reservation.)
The CM said that he could see that we exist as owners but that was it.

I received closing docs today for my SSR contract and thought, wow that was fast! And then I realize their wrong and missing info LOL.
Received updated paperwork and it's still wrong - the closing amount is completely missing the annual dues.
I'm not super impressed with Mason Title so far. I understand there is a sense of urgency and I work in a fast-paced industry too but speed isn't great when it isn't efficient.

Reminder…if you do not post a working link to a brokers site, or leave it blank, your post will be deleted.

Please do not just post the name as it leads to confusion and the rules do ask for the link. I hate deleting but if you don’t have time to look up and copy the link, then leave it blank.

Title company names can be shared if there is no link for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter