Closing Time!

I reached out again related to Cammie leaving and determining point of contact. Sellers have not responded to multiple emails from Mason. Fidelity reaching out to determine status. I said the same thing…..it would make me feel better if they could share the appt date. Well now I don’t even know if they are moving forward.
That is so dissapointing on the seller's part. Sure, there is always a chance they could pull out, but communicating their ambivalence or change of mind would be much easier than stringing you along. I hope there is a turn in the tide and things work out. I emailed Fidelity broker over 24 hours ago and have not heard back yet.

Correction* our deed was recorded 5/2 so we are on day 14. I was really hoping for an email this week but I’m not as hopeful now.

Last edited:
We closed 5/2 so we are on day 14. I was really hoping for an email this week but I’m not as hopeful now.
Same here was sent to Disney on 5/2 and just waiting around... need to book some stays but I seem more and more availability dropping..

Same here was sent to Disney on 5/2 and just waiting around... need to book some stays but I seem more and more availability dropping..
In a similar boat... I got points 9 days ago for a contract that closed on 4/25. Nothing yet for the one that closed on 4/28.

I completed an offer on Friday and when discussing the title company I mentioned using Mason and that they were suggesting using DVC title because Cammy had recently moved and that who they typically work with.
That is why it's taking so long at Mason to get the closing documents after passing ROFR. It used to be 1 day or even the same day for the closing document to be sent out after passing ROFR. Now Mason has someone named Marcelo Angelo. He seems to take 4-6 days after passing ROFR. It even takes him couple to days to reply back on emails. I think I am going to be following Cammy at her new title company for all future closings.

Last edited:
We closed 5/2 so we are on day 14. I was really hoping for an email this week but I’m not as hopeful now.
Many of us are 5/2. I'm waiting on an Aulani contract that I don't really need any time soon, but still frustrating. By this point in the process (resale contract #9), I just want the process to be over.

That is why it's taking so long at Mason to get the closing documents after passing ROFR. It used to be 1 day or even the same day for the closing document to be sent out after passing ROFR. Now Mason has someone named Marcelo Angelo. He seems to take 406 days after passing ROFR. It even takes him couple to days to reply back on emails. I think I am going to be following Sammy at her new title company for all future closings.
Either you were being sarcastic or you made a typo. If a typo, you might want to correct it.

Also, Mason might not be as fast as they were, but it seems like they are still faster than their main competitor; people waiting for that company might feel like it's 406 days.

Our resale contact was recorded on 4/26 and we received our Welcome Home email from Disney yesterday. I just tired the chat feature with MS and the cast member told me it is too soon for the points to be loaded and that it takes 72 hours. I'm so excited to start planing vacations but don't want to waste their time checking in sooner if that 72 hr window is true. Would love to know others experience.

What is the likelyhood of getting a 2 bedroom Key West or Saratoga (since this seems to be the most available) for the last week in June?

Sellers have till 5/26 to turn in all closing docs....I am debating on just booking as I normally would and hope that points come through in time prior to this trip. I really hate the idea of shelling out the $$ after just purchasing our first dvc contract but think it's too tight of a timeframe to roll the dice more than I already have. This is for a last-minute tournament our team added in so don't come at me lol

What is the likelyhood of getting a 2 bedroom Key West or Saratoga (since this seems to be the most available) for the last week in June?

Sellers have till 5/26 to turn in all closing docs....I am debating on just booking as I normally would and hope that points come through in time prior to this trip. I really hate the idea of shelling out the $$ after just purchasing our first dvc contract but think it's too tight of a timeframe to roll the dice more than I already have. This is for a last-minute tournament our team added in so don't come at me lol
Both of those are pretty good possibilities, with SSR being even more so. We aren't allowed to look up or provide actual availability on this forum due to constant availability changes, but I'd say you have a really good chance, particularly with SSR, maybe a little less so with OKW.

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 4/16
Offer accepted: 4/17
Sent to ROFR: 4/18
Passed ROFR: 5/11
Closing docs received: 5/17
Closing docs returned (buyer):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

We are at about a week out to get closing docs from Marcelo at Mason.

Last edited:

The biggest risk (besides availability) I see is actually getting the points in your account in time for an end of June reservation. For the contract I'm waiting on right now, it took 2 weeks after closing documents were returned for the title company to get it finalized. I'm still waiting on points to hit the account (currently going on 2 1/2 weeks after closing with no known date in sight). So right now tracking over 4 1/2 weeks after the seller's returned documents for my contract. Note: Another title company that seems to have a bad reputation did closing 1 day after seller returned the documents. So lots of unknowns.

One thing I've done is book a reservation I need in August with points from another contract that doesn't have to be banked for a couple months. Since I have these points available in this use year, I'm basically holding my reservation, waiting for the new contract. Once the new contract is entered in the system, Member services told me I can transfer the contract points that will be expiring this use year to the other contract and then reallocate the points for that reservation. Hopefully what I said just made sense. If that's even an option for you (all depends on having extra points in this use year to hold the reservation on another contract), just something to consider. Hopefully all this madness of point reshuffling works out as Member services recommended. :)

Last edited:
Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/14/2023
Offer accepted: 4/14/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/17/2023
Passed ROFR: 5/8/2023
Closing docs received: 5/12/2023
Closing docs returned: 5/15/2023
Closing: 5/23/2023
Deed recorded: 5/24/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): ?
Points in account: ?

Days Total: ?

Last edited:
Either you were being sarcastic or you made a typo. If a typo, you might want to correct it.

Also, Mason might not be as fast as they were, but it seems like they are still faster than their main competitor; people waiting for that company might feel like it's 406 days.
As someone who is currently closing two contracts - one with magicvacationtitle.com and the other with masontitle.com, Mason as infinitely faster. Magic Vacation title took 31 days to send the closing docs and it took Mason 4 days.
Now we'll see how long each takes to close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter