• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clothes and same sizes

Thanks everyone!!

I love how DIS threads are like a game of telephone.....by the time you get to page 2, everything is all mixed up. I never indicated that I had any intention of having the boys share underwear!

Neither boy really cares about clothes -yet- and I can see both of them just reaching for whatever is easiest when it comes to socks, shorts, whatever. The basic tween boy "uniform" around here in DS's circle is athletic pants/shorts and a tshirt, and we don't really do anything that requires them to dress up a whole lot (and even holidays are pretty casual these days in my family), so I'm sure we will have a ton of size 10-12 shorts and tshirts around no matter what. I'll let them take the lead on how/if to share, I guess!

Right now, I wash, dry, and fold the clothes, and the kids sort out their socks and underwear, match/fold them, and put them away. That's usually where I throw DS17 and DH's stuff into a big pile and let them sort out their own stuff since they wear the same size. I think they can tell by color....they buy their own underwear so I don't really know whose is whose! I can probably do that with the younger boys too, esp if I buy different brands or colors. Socks, I'm not too worried about. Even DD will grab a pair of DS11's socks in a pinch.

Thank you!

Thanks everyone!!

I love how DIS threads are like a game of telephone.....by the time you get to page 2, everything is all mixed up. I never indicated that I had any intention of having the boys share underwear!

Neither boy really cares about clothes -yet- and I can see both of them just reaching for whatever is easiest when it comes to socks, shorts, whatever. The basic tween boy "uniform" around here in DS's circle is athletic pants/shorts and a tshirt, and we don't really do anything that requires them to dress up a whole lot (and even holidays are pretty casual these days in my family), so I'm sure we will have a ton of size 10-12 shorts and tshirts around no matter what. I'll let them take the lead on how/if to share, I guess!

Right now, I wash, dry, and fold the clothes, and the kids sort out their socks and underwear, match/fold them, and put them away. That's usually where I throw DS17 and DH's stuff into a big pile and let them sort out their own stuff since they wear the same size. I think they can tell by color....they buy their own underwear so I don't really know whose is whose! I can probably do that with the younger boys too, esp if I buy different brands or colors. Socks, I'm not too worried about. Even DD will grab a pair of DS11's socks in a pinch.

Thank you!
The subject of sharing underwear came up in posts from some other people. That doesn't mean people are saying it came from you.

I can see lots of boys not caring about sharing clothes, but just be aware that as time goes by that might change. Your dynamics of another child joining an established family might make that a more sensitive subject at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter