Clothing is required in Rainforest Spa on Dream, please!

I doubt a CM would do anything. They don't ever to seem to want to "upset" the guests no matter what they do.
It certainly would be a situation that would have to be handled delicately.
Like others have mentioned, cruises are an international experience where cultural differences become apparent.

My first cruise, on a French Cruise ship in the Caribbean in 1980, there was a sun deck and nobody wore clothing there.

On my first HAL cruise to Alaska, we spent some time talking with our server and he said he had to be ready for anything. Including people from cultures where tipping not only not the norm, it's considered an insult.

And on our DCL cruise, I spoke with a very nice man from a Middle Eastern Nation (I wish I could remember which one) who said the on board smoking restrictions would be unthinkable in his nation.

Silly Europeans. While I have not seen any signs posted, The Senses Spa gives you a robe for a reason. I do feel it is a bit odd to go into a sauna wearing a bathing suit (it’s hot enough with the robe) but it’s just the layout with showers and jacuzzis.

A few years ago the spa jacuzzi on the Dream completely faded my bathing suit. They dump a lot of chemicals into that thing to kill all the germs.

Just got off Dream on Monday. DH and I had passes for Rainforest. Lo and behold, an older woman and her male partner enter and begin to unclothed. Everything came off. They showered and lounged in the nude. Gotta say, a bit...awkward for all in there. Is clothing required? Can CM enforce?
Most likely europeans. Usually spa/saunas are clothing free.

Since the spa is 18+ I don't think the nudity in and of itself that is the big issue, having worked in a pool/spa long ago, it's the hygiene that is more the issue. They're sitting on benches/seats that everyone else has to use to and hopefully they clean themselves well, but there are many who don't.
Actually swim suits carrier more bacteria than a clean ( shower first) naked body. And the supreme rule of nude saunas is skin doesn’t touch anything. One has a towel for sitting/ lying on. Feet Also on towel.

Actually swim suits carrier more bacteria than a clean ( shower first) naked body. And the supreme rule of nude saunas is skin doesn’t touch anything. One has a towel for sitting/ lying on. Feet Also on towel.

That is true, but ONLY if one showers/bathes and thoroughly cleans beforehand. Call me cynical, but I doubt many do.

Your swimsuit isn't going to do much for you in this situation, other than keep whatever is on the bench held tight against your skin in a warm wet growth medium.

It seems to me it should be keeping it from being held tight against skin as it provides a barrier between skin and bench.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter