• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clothing regrets?

londonpenguin

The Voice of Reason
Have you ever packed something that you thought would be perfect to wear in the parks (not for a nice dinner or a night out at PI) but wound up regretting -- not because you didn't wear it, but because you did?

For example, last time I brought along two pairs of very light-weight shorts. "These'll be great in the heat!" They were newish ... I had only worn them around the house. Quickly found out while walking around FW on our first day that they were too light-weight: about every fifth step I would realize that the inseams had bunched themselves up. Uncomfortable and seriously unattractive! :sad2:

Yes! Wearing black or dark colored clothes in the summer. T-shirts I've worn at Disney during cooler weather or at home in air-conditioned buildings. They don't work while walking the World Showcase in 90+ degree temps.

When we were exiting MGM soaking wet after being rained out of Fantasmic, I bet the lady walking in front of us in white - now see through - shorts, was regretting wearing that red thong!

Once I wore a red shirt that was new, never washed. When we got wet the shirt stained the top of my light colored shorts. New clothes and new shoes don't always mix well with traveling. :love:

I find myself wear the same thing over and over sometimes because it's my favorite shorts and my favorite shirt. I mean it's not dirty or stinky or anything. Maybe wear them twice, but not in a row. And then wear something else and then wear them again at a different time, same trip.

I find myself over packing.. and it's not good. Just weight I am carrying. And half of the clothes I don't even use.

This has always been my advice for any who is trying to decide what to wear at Disney.

1. Put on outfit and stand facing a full length mirror.
2. While standing in front of the mirror turn until your back is facing it.
3. Bend over and look between your legs at your reflection in the mirror.

THIS is what EVERYONE is going to see when you bend over.

This is what everyone sitting in the rows behind you on "It's a Small World" will see when you attempt to sit down with four kids, one diaper bag, six Disney shopping bags, three flat sodas, and several containers of popcorn and cotten candy.

This is what everyone will see when you bend over and attempt to calm a screaming and thrashing child while he/she is trying to escape the stroller.

This is what everyone will see when you bend over to pick up pacifiers and toys dropped by that same child.

Just like white can go see-thru when wet, I bet there are a lot of women out there who don't realize those cute shorts or pants that look good while standing straight can go see-thru when stretched across a bent over rear end.

Leighannapb said:
This has always been my advice for any who is trying to decide what to wear at Disney.

This is what everyone sitting in the rows behind you on "It's a Small World" will see when you attempt to sit down with four kids, one diaper bag, six Disney shopping bags, three flat sodas, and several containers of popcorn and cotten candy.

This is what everyone will see when you bend over and attempt to calm a screaming and thrashing child while he/she is trying to escape the stroller.

This is what everyone will see when you bend over to pick up pacifiers and toys dropped by that same child.

Just like white can go see-thru when wet, I bet there are a lot of women out there who don't realize those cute shorts or pants that look good while standing straight can go see-thru when stretched across a bent over rear end.

oh dear! :rotfl2:

:3dglasses

Flip flops to the parks!! My arches can't take a full day of walking with no support. DH and I both had trouble and only bring tennies for the parks from now on!!! We save the flips for the pools & water parks!

shorts w/out pockets! even w/a fanny pack or a tote bag... GOTTA HAVE POCKETS! (lots of 'em! cargo shorts are now my trouser of choice!)

I personally didn't regret any clothing or shoe choices I made while in Disney, I got shorts and tanks for most of the trip, they are always cool and easy and I don't wear white :flower: But to comment on someone else about not wearing flip flops, my mom who never wears sneakers and always wears flip flops wore sneakers the first couple days we were there, because I told her she'd be uncomfortable in flip flops, well another thought to not wearing flip flops is if you are used to always wearing them and not used to sneakers it may be the other way, you may want to wear what your feet are most used to wearing. Another thing I always take with me is a zip up sweatshirt, I get cold in all restaurants no matter how hot it is outside, so if you are someone who gets chilly you definitley might want to remember that. :cheer2:

My DH and I always go to the parks during the fall and winter. One year we decided to go during the summer and since I consider myself to be a girly girl I said hmmmmm I'm tired of wearing sneakers to the parks I think I will try wearing some cute wedge sandals - THE WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! Never again. I had blisters the size of a small island on both of my feet which made me what my DH likes to call a "bad tourist" being one that *****es and complains a lot. So the morale of the story ladies - don't try to look cute while walking around the parks. I will always wear sneakers to the parks - always - I learned my lesson. :rotfl2:

Black t-shirts.....attract the heat and make for a very uncomfortable time :rolleyes: Not making that mistake this year though! Light weight tees and tanks! (Alright....one black Captain Jack Sparrow tee.....but for Johnny I'll suffer a little :p )

I bought a cute pair of khaki colored shorts last year. Wore them on the cruise, they were great. I could wash them in the sink in our cabin and hang them to dry and they would be good to go again the next day.

Then, we got to WDW. Any itty bitty spot of water caused the shorts to be see through in that spot. Didn't realize this till I sat in a puddle in a ride vehicle.

I do this every so often. Mostly with shoes or a sweater - not knowing how much walking or how chilly it will be.

leighannannapb::: way to funny. :rotfl2:

This should also be the rule for those people who wear the daisy dukes and Men who wear the pants down below their belly so the back is also below the top of their butts. I have been mooned many times by these people while getting on a ride. As for the women 6 inches will never stretch to 12 to cover both the top an bottom. And men if the pants dont fit buy a larger size, or wear suspenders to hold up the back. The only time the moon is attractive is when you are cuddled up with someone looking at the sky. :teeth:

We always seem to go in June when it's hotter than hot so I've become a huge fan of tanktops with the built in shelf bras. Well, I had this one really cute tank that ended up smooshing my chest flatter than a pancake! :blush: It was a horrible look--I didn't realize how horrible until we got home and I viewed our pictures. Not my best Disney day... :blush:

It will not be making a return trip to the world no matter how cute it tries to make me think it is.

slp87 said:
Flip flops to the parks!! My arches can't take a full day of walking with no support. DH and I both had trouble and only bring tennies for the parks from now on!!! We save the flips for the pools & water parks!
I simply MUST wear flip-flops to the parks. I have really comfy, squishy Skecher flip-flops and sneakers make my feet way too hot.

short overalls are not good when you are having to use public restrooms. I also prefer simple elastic waist pull on shorts in the summer time. I don't like fooling with buttons and zippers and belts when it's so hot outside. Obviously this is from a female point of view!

I made the huge mistake of wearing a cute, loose fitting, cotton, spaghetti strap tank with a strapless bra on the day we went to MGM.

TOT was my second mistake. I was in so much pain that when we came home from vacation I had to go to the doctor. I sprained 'em.

Leighannapb said:

This is exactly why I do not have children.....I don't even stop to pick up a $20 :rotfl:

The worst thing I ever wore:

The last time I wore underwear! I bought new underwear and packed it without washing it first. After wearing this brand new underwear for an hour on a hot steamy day...well let's say I was not in the best mood. The starch they put in it to make it look nice in the package was soo itchy it was making me crazy. So I went to the ladies room, took off my underwear and just left it hanging on the hook in the booth.....just for giggles!!

Don't falme me....they were brand new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter