• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clowns

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
How do you feel about clowns? Do you enjoy their comedic shows? Do they freak you out? Or are you neutral in your feelings?

Inspired by the Pennywise thread

I would say neutral. I never "got" clowns, or thought they were funny or entertaining. And on the other hand, it baffles me how people could find them creepy (I mean, not counting when they are meant to be creepy lol).
So yeah, neutral.

respect, the creepy thing is they look more like serial killers then funny faces

I actually love them because I used to live next to this lovely elderly couple, the man was a clown in the Shriner's circus for charity. I made it a point every year to go and gorge myself on five dollar snow cones.

Absolutely, positively HATE clowns.

My grandma loved them and had TONS in her house. When I was little and would visit, she would always say "the clowns have been waiting for you!" Scared the POOP outta me. She wasn't trying to be creepy but oh boy, it was! Especially since she lived up north and we were in Florida - her house was 2 stories, old, had a scary basement, etc. Nothing like my sunny, not scary house!

For me there's a very fine line with clowns. The right atmosphere and a joyful, lighthearted silliness is fine. Be careful to watch for the line because they can easily get annoying, then creepy.

No clowns! Nope, not for me. Mimes are even worse! Both are creepy and scary. John Wayne Gacey and Pennywise ruined it for me, reinforced by the clown doll in Poltergeist.

Neutral. They don’t bother me but I don’t necessarily like them either.

IME people that are afraid of them, are truly afraid of them no matter what. Even if they know the person personally. I guess it’s the make up more than anything else?

I saw the joker last weekend, very dark and sinister. This movie didnt do any favors for clowns.

Clowns are fine. Circus & rodeo clowns can be very funny but birthday clowns tend towards lame.

DH in the other hand hates clowns. I realized this when we were dating and he refused to sit on the front row of a rodeo we went to see. I’m pretty sure this is why we don’t stay at Boardwalk during any trip where we might swim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter