Club level AKL rooms current experiences

DVCTigger

DIS Veteran
We have reservations in the club level in a month at AKL DVC villas. Just curious as to what to expect with club level not available due to COVID. Are they giving vouchers? Changing rooms? Points reimbursed? Disappointed, but understandable that the offerings aren’t available. Just curious as to what anyone has experienced recently.

I'm curious too. I let go my club reservation in November, but managed to grab a day in April.

I would be happy with that, we are booked in a studio. Obviously would prefer the amenities of club level, but that’s a fair adjustment

Just got a call from DVC. They have moved us to a one bedroom savannah room at Kidani. No options for food or drinks. Just the room change
They must have heard you! I'm glad you're happy :cheer2:!

I hope that the Club comes back by April. I like the 1BRs at AKV, but I book Club Level for the amenities.

They must have heard you! I'm glad you're happy :cheer2:!

I hope that the Club comes back by April. I like the 1BRs at AKV, but I book Club Level for the amenities.

I didn't respond last night when I first read this but you read my mind. I had looked at club level for our stay and had an option for a 1BR Club if we had went in January (possibly for our now planned trip another time).

My thing is moving me up in room size does nothing for me. Just move me to same size room and give me the excess points back to bank as an option.

If I had booked cash I would be pretty upset if they didn't discount my room significantly over the club level prices.

We would definitely prefer the amenities that club level provides. We typically eat our meals there, so now we will need to find food. We do enjoy the larger rooms, but usually go smaller to save points. So the bump up in space will be enjoyed this trip, especially since we see ourselves spending more time in the villa. If they kept the same size room, we would for sure have wanted some sort of compensation, dining vouchers or dining plan. At the least points reimbursed. We were kind of hoping for the “free dining” that they hand out with room packages. But we realize they are trying to recoup some lost income. We will no doubt bring in food though with the full kitchen

We would definitely prefer the amenities that club level provides. We typically eat our meals there, so now we will need to find food. We do enjoy the larger rooms, but usually go smaller to save points. So the bump up in space will be enjoyed this trip, especially since we see ourselves spending more time in the villa. If they kept the same size room, we would for sure have wanted some sort of compensation, dining vouchers or dining plan. At the least points reimbursed. We were kind of hoping for the “free dining” that they hand out with room packages. But we realize they are trying to recoup some lost income. We will no doubt bring in food though with the full kitchen
FWIW, the Disney Dining Plan has been suspended so you wouldn't have been able to get that :(. The full kitchen will be a real advantage though.

This is a very timely thread. We have a 1BR CL reservation for November, and we've been wondering what Disney has been doing about this special level of DVC rooms. It's tough to picture much changing at Jambo, and especially the CL offerings, anytime soon. Hoping to hear more information from other members who have heard from Disney.

I keep thinking back to last December, when we were so excited to reserve one of these rooms - so difficult to get them. How things have changed.

So there is a whole week that just opened up at the 7 month mark for March in a 1BR. I have thought about doing some nights but just torn on it being a complete waste. I would be very frustrated if I paid for Club Level and was just moved to another 1BR or 2BR.

Had thought about it again because well its club level and my wife has liked it when we did it at BWV in the past.

So there is a whole week that just opened up at the 7 month mark for March in a 1BR. I have thought about doing some nights but just torn on it being a complete waste. I would be very frustrated if I paid for Club Level and was just moved to another 1BR or 2BR.

Had thought about it again because well its club level and my wife has liked it when we did it at BWV in the past.
I am pretty sure that is the week I just let go. This is the second CL stay I have rebooked to another resort. I was looking and found a GFV availability, so decided to switch. I looked on the resort side of AKL and see the resort is not currently “open” during that time, so I figured that doesn’t make CL very probable. I was so looking forward to that stay since I canceled my October stay prior to my banking window (July). I just prefer to have multiple options now for a change instead of being moved to what is available when they get around to addressing March reservations.

I am pretty sure that is the week I just let go. This is the second CL stay I have rebooked to another resort. I was looking and found a GFV availability, so decided to switch. I looked on the resort side of AKL and see the resort is not currently “open” during that time, so I figured that doesn’t make CL very probable. I was so looking forward to that stay since I canceled my October stay prior to my banking window (July). I just prefer to have multiple options now for a change instead of being moved to what is available when they get around to addressing March reservations.
I think you made the right call. Not looking like the true AKL Club Level will be operational anytime soon. During normal times, this is an amazing club level to enjoy. But like many others, we just made the tough decision to cancel the AKL CL and move our reservation to a different resort - where we can have some dining options, and not be apprehensive as to whether they're going to move us - or that we might waste DVC points on CL and not actually get CL services. So looking forward to trying again in 2021, when hopefully, these offerings can go back to more normal times - or 2022.....?

I have CL studio for end of september-- my wife got a message today to call and see what they are offering.
I called when I got home-- got bumped around the phone on hold to get to a "manager"-- She said I could upgrade to a one bedroom savanna view at Kidani or Jambo, and if I wanted to go to any other resort I would have to pay the point difference.. I told her I needed to confer with my wife, and was given a phone number that would be more direct to call back. I called back in about 45 minutes, ready to take the Jambo one bedroom, and the new person said all we were offered was a one bedroom at WL...... She said there was no way anyone could have offered the AKL upgrade..... going to try again tomorrow.....

I have CL studio for end of september-- my wife got a message today to call and see what they are offering.
I called when I got home-- got bumped around the phone on hold to get to a "manager"-- She said I could upgrade to a one bedroom savanna view at Kidani or Jambo, and if I wanted to go to any other resort I would have to pay the point difference.. I told her I needed to confer with my wife, and was given a phone number that would be more direct to call back. I called back in about 45 minutes, ready to take the Jambo one bedroom, and the new person said all we were offered was a one bedroom at WL...... She said there was no way anyone could have offered the AKL upgrade..... going to try again tomorrow.....

I wouldn't take Jambo right now, nothing's open save the rooms themselves.

We've already let go of 2 Club level reservations, one in October and another in March.

We're holding onto our Club level reservation for May, guardedly optimistic it will be open by then.

A good part of why I want to go there-- get my full kitchen to replace the club, bring my own drinks and mixes, Hang at the resort and pool with not many people....
I’m with you!

Im not going until November but with a full kitchen to cook and the pool, I’m actually hoping it will be quiet and relaxing ☺️

I’ve had enough excitement recently 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter