Club level AKL rooms current experiences

I have CL studio for end of september-- my wife got a message today to call and see what they are offering.
I called when I got home-- got bumped around the phone on hold to get to a "manager"-- She said I could upgrade to a one bedroom savanna view at Kidani or Jambo, and if I wanted to go to any other resort I would have to pay the point difference.. I told her I needed to confer with my wife, and was given a phone number that would be more direct to call back. I called back in about 45 minutes, ready to take the Jambo one bedroom, and the new person said all we were offered was a one bedroom at WL...... She said there was no way anyone could have offered the AKL upgrade..... going to try again tomorrow.....
WL? BRV or CCV

Isn't the rest of the WL closed too?

The hotel is closed, but Whispering Canyon, Geyser Point, and Roaring Fork are open for guests at CCV and VWL. If you're at CCV WCC and RF are right there and GP is a very short walk. GP is close to VWL, and WCC and RF are a short walk. Wilderness Lodge as a whole is far more compact than the two units at AKV, even if the hallway at VWL gets the occasional whine.

The hotel is closed, but Whispering Canyon, Geyser Point, and Roaring Fork are open for guests at CCV and VWL. If you're at CCV WCC and RF are right there and GP is a very short walk. GP is close to VWL, and WCC and RF are a short walk. Wilderness Lodge as a whole is far more compact than the two units at AKV, even if the hallway at VWL gets the occasional whine.
Thanks! That would make WL more attractive to me over AKV and I own at AKV.

So I'll preface that I am not (probably) going to try this, but....
My DVC reservations page shows the new reservation at VWL, including the new point total....So if I was to modify the reservation to AKV using the same or less (I think it's less) points for a one bed savanna view, would the additional points disappear ? Betting they would......

So I'll preface that I am not (probably) going to try this, but....
My DVC reservations page shows the new reservation at VWL, including the new point total....So if I was to modify the reservation to AKV using the same or less (I think it's less) points for a one bed savanna view, would the additional points disappear ? Betting they would......

Yes. The extra points are OTU or developer points that never show up online when you modify a reservation.

BRV. I accepted today. No matter what I tried there was no give in offering AKV anything. She said I could re book and pay the points cost if I liked. Oh well. Still a points upgrade. Would have been nice if it was CCV
I stayed at VWL (now BRV) twice. It is a very nice resort and the main theme pool is beautiful. I think that you will appreciate having much of the resort to yourself and open restaurants.

I stayed at VWL (now BRV) twice. It is a very nice resort and the main theme pool is beautiful. I think that you will appreciate having much of the resort to yourself and open restaurants.
Agree. During normal times, AKL has our favorite dining options in all of DIsney. Without those options, AKL just doesn't do it for us right now. Definitely looking forward to Boma and Jiko and Mara opening again in the future.

I ended up getting our first night in a 1BR Club Level room. The rest of the stay will be at BWV (home resort). I had a few extra points so instead of doing a split stay or adding on to our 10 night stay I decided to just switch out the first day to possibly experience it.

Went back and forth but for one night worth a roll of the dice some of the benefits come back to CL.

If they have to move me I will cross that bridge at that point.

Thanks all. You are probably right. Anyone know if the main pool is open at WL or just the DVC pool?

A good part of why I want to go there-- get my full kitchen to replace the club, bring my own drinks and mixes, Hang at the resort and pool with not many people....
That’s exactly why we chose this option. We have 12 nights. Will now order from Costco and load up the one bedroom with food and have the pool at hopefully very low occupancy. And now our daughter and our grandsons (3&1) will be joining us as well

I ended up booking Jambo Club Level for the first night of our trip since we had extra points that would have expired anyways. Rest of the trip is at BWV but figured might as well try it out and worst case I get moved and I wasted a few extra points I wouldn't have been able to use anyways.

One of my "homes" is AKL. I love Jambo House. I really enjoy all the DVC resorts. I have stayed at AKL Club Level and would not do it again on a bet. The entire family was not impressed and it is definitely NOT worth the extra points, snacks, drinks or anything else they give you. The view was of the back side of the roof and when you walked out on the balcony, we looked at the pool. We will use our points anywhere, except Club level at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter