Club Level or Bunk Bed?

BRDisney

Mouseketeer
We are a family of four, Me, DW, DD11 and DD9. We are staying in AKL for 4 nights in july/17. We first booked a Bulk Bed with Savanna view. Then, we got a discount and upgraded to Club Level. But the Club Level doesn't have a Bunk Bed guarentee option for the reservation. I e-mailed the Club Level service and the response was that they noted my request but that the bulk bed was not guaranteed. For me the bulk bed is more important than the Club Level. Our girls can't sleep on one queen bed together and they will love the fun of the bulk bed. Do you think I risk waiting for the day of check-in as Club Level guest or should I downgrade now?

If the bunk beds would be a deal breaker for you, then I would make sure that you book exactly what you want. We did end up with a bunk bed room on CL with a request submitted to DSS, but it was not guaranteed. It wouldn't have ruined our trip or been a hardship to not have it, to us CL was a bigger priority.

Though I agree with the other answers you got, I would definitely stick with club level and forego the bunk beds if I had to. But--if the bunk bed room is cheaper, that's more in the budget to spend on fun and food and whatever else you find. So, I guess you really can't lose!!!

I agree with Mickeynut1, Jill29 and qbmiller!

I would definitely move to the bunk bed room, if that is the most important to you. Requests are NOT guaranteed and it is possible that you would not be able to get a bunk bed room in CL.

It is always wise to book the features that will make or break your visit, if at all possible!

Disney is giving me a lot of time to think about this with all these reservation system problems they are having for the last days. But I think I will go for the bunk bed guaranteed.

What do your kids want? My kids would definitely prefer the bunk beds. Club Level is always nice, but the kiddos won't appreciate the perks of Club Level.

I had a similar situation. I am taking my two sons (ages 17 and 15) to Wilderness Lodge. We originally had a bunk bed room booked, but then looked into CL, which can not be guaranteed bunk beds.
I asked them if they would rather have CL and risk not getting bunk beds, and they said yes. I guess for teen boys, the promise of free snacks is worth having to share a bed with your brother. :)

I had a similar situation. I am taking my two sons (ages 17 and 15) to Wilderness Lodge. We originally had a bunk bed room booked, but then looked into CL, which can not be guaranteed bunk beds.
I asked them if they would rather have CL and risk not getting bunk beds, and they said yes. I guess for teen boys, the promise of free snacks is worth having to share a bed with your brother. :)

When will you be there?

For what it's worth, we were at AKL CL in May with two teens and my husband and I. We were placed in a bunk bed room without even requesting it. I mentioned how nice it was to the staff in the lounge, and she said they try very hard to get their CL guests in my situation into a room with a bed for each kid. I never take someone's word as truth, but I can tell you it was how it worked out for us. I can also tell you that the endless supply of water, soda, juice and snacks all day is very useful, and the complimentary beer and wine and mimosas are really nice for mom and dad!

I was in your same predicament a couple weeks ago. I wanted CL. DGD wanted a bunk bed room. I went back and forth debating with myself about what I wanted to do. In the end I decided it was my money, and my vacation too, and I won out (as the one with the money ;) ) and I booked what I wanted, which was CL. I had to call to make the switch as I can't do changes online for some unknown reason. I told the CM to please put bunk bed room as our 1 and only request. We did get a bunk bed room. It was even ready early, which was a nice bonus but we would have been happy just to get the bunk bed room. I tried at the time to find out how many bunk bed rooms they have but never did figure it out. The CM didn't know either

We had CL and requested bunk beds last August, but didn't get them. He said he could move us to them in 2 days, but that honestly the view we had was alot better than we would move to. We didn't care that much about the bunk beds, and certainly didn't want to move over it, so just stuck with our excellent view room.
I also agree that CL was a great treat.

I've been trying to decide the same thing! I ended up going with club level because my son can sleep in absolutely any conditions and will be fine on the floor rather than sleep with his sister, which his sister is very happy about! But I hope they do get bunk beds because they'd have so much fun with that.

This is our first time at AKL and first time at club level. Can anyone tell me what they have to offer during the day? Is it just drinks and stuff like trail mix and fruit or anything more substantial? If we're at the resort all day, would breakfast at the club lounge, lunch at Mara or by the pool, and then a "dinner" consisting of club apps and desserts be enough food or should I get a dinner ADR as well?

Also, would it be acceptable to let my 13 year old daughter take my 9 year old son to the club lounge to get sodas alone or should I accompany them? They are well-behaved and love little moments of independence like that, and I think it's a good experience for them, but I don't want to break rules or go against common convention.

Sorry if I hijacked BRDisney's thread with my own questions. I'm brand-new to DIS boards; is this kind of behavior acceptable or should I have started my own thread? Thanks!

Sorry if I hijacked BRDisney's thread with my own questions. I'm brand-new to DIS boards; is this kind of behavior acceptable or should I have started my own thread? Thanks!

Don't worry! We just opted for the bunk bed.

Bunk beds over CL? I would totally go for CL!!!

To answer @1GoldenSun's question, we've stayed at AKL CL several times and we have breakfast and dinner in the lounge. We have lunch at Mara or sometimes we go to Sanaa. I have a special needs child who will only eat specific foods so I have to grab him something for dinner but not for the rest of us (DH, DD8, me). If you go to the CL thread theres often pictures of what they serve. We really love the food at AKL but it may not be for everybody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter