Club level Poly, Grand, or Cont over July 4

ddpatrick13

Earning My Ears
My family has decided to come down for a long weekend July 4-6. I know it will be extremely busy and want the best resort to watch fireworks from the resort. We want to stay club level at either the Grand Floridian, Poly, Or Contemporary. Do any of these offer a special area to watch the fireworks for club level guests? Thank in advance

I guess the question is: Do you want to watch the fireworks inside, or outside?

The Contemporary club has great indoor views. Poly ropes off a large segment of beach for their club guests, outside.

Not sure what GF does. I don't believe they do either.

Poly ropes off part of the beach and it is a great view. Last year we went to GF and just watched from the beach area between the GF and Poly and that was pretty good, but not special for club level. Plus Poly gives out red white and blue leis, so how could you beat that?

My avatar votes Poly CL.

We've done Poly the last two 7/4s. Hard to beat the viewing angle, convenience, and dedicated beach viewing. They also pull the Electrical Water Pageant barges up to Poly on 7/3 and 7/4 and play show audio, which is nice as show audio can be a bit spotty on some parts of the beach as-is.

Very high fun factor at Poly on that day as well that is hard to match.

Poly ropes off part of the beach and it is a great view. Last year we went to GF and just watched from the beach area between the GF and Poly and that was pretty good, but not special for club level. Plus Poly gives out red white and blue leis, so how could you beat that?

May I ask, did they do any special/fun activities for the kids (that you know of), at GF during the day on the 4th? I guess at fireworks time they didn’t do anything special for the guests?

Last edited:
We spent July 3-7 at the Contemporary Tower Club last year with an MK view room. The 4th was actually a pretty slow night AT the resort itself. Apparently, lots of CL guests watch the MK fireworks on the 3rd from the lounge and then go to Epcot on the 4th. We were the only people in the lounge that night for awhile.

I highly recommend the Contemporary CL over the 4th. They had some special themed food out all day and fun desserts at night.

May I ask, did they do any special/fun activities for the kids (that you know of), at GF during the day on the 4th? I guess at fireworks time they didn’t do anything special for the guests?
We were there this past year without kids, but I did not notice much in the way of extra activities for the kids. Nothing special for the fireworks.

My avatar votes Poly CL.

We've done Poly the last two 7/4s. Hard to beat the viewing angle, convenience, and dedicated beach viewing. They also pull the Electrical Water Pageant barges up to Poly on 7/3 and 7/4 and play show audio, which is nice as show audio can be a bit spotty on some parts of the beach as-is.

Very high fun factor at Poly on that day as well that is hard to match.
This is exactly right. The sound at the Poly beach really makes a difference. The view is spectacular. Having the CL area (get there a little early to get a seat) is super given the crowds--the crowds add to the fun atmosphere, but having a little area removed from the madness is nice. Plus I just love the Poly and the Poly CL lounge.

We were there this past year without kids, but I did not notice much in the way of extra activities for the kids. Nothing special for the fireworks.

That’s a bummer. I have a feeling I’m going to be comparing to Poly (for the 4th). I just wish I liked the food at Poly CL or I’d switch. Thanks for your response!!

B3209B78-4548-4586-8E8A-210DD6968F8D.png
I’m completely biased because we have only stayed CR CL from your list but we LOVED watching the fireworks from the balcony!! We have been to CR a few times and the balconies are huge and almost always empty. The music is played over outdoor speakers and the angle is great!

We stayed Poly CL PV - watched the fireworks from our room on the 3rd, beach on the 4th. The kids loved playing in the sand (with the buckets they were given). Inside the lounge actually wasn’t crowded when we went during the day on the 4th. I also def prefer Poly CL food to Boardwalk or Yacht Club (haven’t stayed CL at Contemporary or GF).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter