Club level

sweetdana

DIS Veteran
I am booked for 4 nights at GFV in Feb, I am thinking the wed the 1st night I would like to WL for AK CLUB level, if I can do the Saf Sunrise. (it is full right now.)

I only want to do it for the Safari Sunrise. So WL getting it and then not being able to book the tour, would be a HUGE disappoinment and I would likely not get GF room back.

Is this an ADR/Tour garentteed? It is only on thur and sun from what I read and our 1st night is a Wed night so it would work out perfect. Stay Wed night there, and check out thur AM take the tour, spend the day at AK, and when we are done with AK, our bags and room should be at the GF for us. We are doing the 1 trek tour at AK, so it fits into the perfect plan..

Tell me I should WL this, or I should not? When do you make the ressie for this Tour, and when/where can you see it is full.

THANKS!

You can't book the Sunrise Safari unless you have a CL room booked. Booking is handled by the CL staff at AKL/AKV and the booking window opens at 180 days from check-in.

You can't book the Sunrise Safari unless you have a CL room booked. Booking is handled by the CL staff at AKL/AKV and the booking window opens at 180 days from check-in.

RIght, so if my waitlist for the room comes through at say 100 days, will it be full.

You will definitely be taking a gamble if you choose to waitlist, so only you can decide whether this is worth the risk.

Good luck.

I think it's a HUGE gamble. With so few rooms available in CL, the chance of a waitlist coming through in time is pretty slim.

I think it's a HUGE gamble. With so few rooms available in CL, the chance of a waitlist coming through in time is pretty slim.

TY!

I think I might book it with points and not "cancel" the other and see if it comes through in the say 120 -180 day mark, if it does then I can find out if availability of it prior to cancelled GF. and if it is available book it and cancel GF.

TY this is what I thought. and why I asked the masters ty!

We've stayed CL twice and booked the safari both times. The first time I do think we booked around the 180 day mark but for this May I booked the Safari 60 days in advance so definitely don't count it out. And it was not full.

You'll obviously be safest if you have points that you can book the CL room and keep the VGF.

Another option would be to book a regular villa at AKL and then book the Sunset (Wanyama) Safari. This is open to all AKL resort guests, and has a tour by safari truck of the savanas at the resort, plus an incredible family style meal at Jiko with wine pairings.

We have done both the Sunrise and Sunset Safaris on the same trip and we felt that while the Sunrise Safari was an incredible experience, the Sunset Safari was a more intimate experience and we got a lot closer to the animals. The group was only about 10 people with two naturalists who went out of their way to make sure we were able to see all of the animals very up close, I mean close enough to touch the giraffes, (touching was not allowed). At that time, late March 2012, there had been a baby waterbuck just born a few weeks earlier and they explored the savana high and low to ensure that we saw the baby and the behavior of the other waterbucks around the baby.

The price is quite a bit higher for the Sunset Safari, likely because of the meal at Jiko, but we felt the experience was well worth it.

Again, this is open to all guests staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Another option would be to book a regular villa at AKL and then book the Sunset (Wanyama) Safari. This is open to all AKL resort guests, and has a tour by safari truck of the savanas at the resort, plus an incredible family style meal at Jiko with wine pairings.

We have done both the Sunrise and Sunset Safaris on the same trip and we felt that while the Sunrise Safari was an incredible experience, the Sunset Safari was a more intimate experience and we got a lot closer to the animals. The group was only about 10 people with two naturalists who went out of their way to make sure we were able to see all of the animals very up close, I mean close enough to touch the giraffes, (touching was not allowed). At that time, late March 2012, there had been a baby waterbuck just born a few weeks earlier and they explored the savana high and low to ensure that we saw the baby and the behavior of the other waterbucks around the baby.

The price is quite a bit higher for the Sunset Safari, likely because of the meal at Jiko, but we felt the experience was well worth it.

HMMM I am researching this now! this sounds just as great!!!!!!!!!!

The "sunset" safari is called Wanyama safari and goes around the different savannas at Jambo and Kidani. It includes dinner at Jiko. LOVED the Wanyama experience because the animal keepers are the ones who take you around, and they know the call names of all the animals and little "facts" about each individual. SO FUN! FYI, you might not be able to touch the animals, but you are close enough to smell them!:)

I don't think the sunrise safari is everyday- so make sure it is available for your check in or check out day.

We've done it a few times- we love it! And last time we didn't book it until 3 or 4 days in advance.

I don't think the sunrise safari is everyday- so make sure it is available for your check in or check out day.

We've done it a few times- we love it! And last time we didn't book it until 3 or 4 days in advance.

I checked thur and sat.. the wed night stay would do it.
I am thinking I am booking the ak room, and keep the CL waitlisted if it works out do both, if not settle for the Wanyama safari by itself.

So I am taking your advise I am switching today to our 1st night Wed, (of 4) to AK. And planning on doing the Wanyama Saf the night we arrive. It looks like it starts at 4 PM, I assume the tour then dinner after, is that correct? I dont think I can get the Trek Tour in prior to 4, as I assume arrival at MCO will be between 10:30 - noon. So..

I am also really wanting to do the trek tour too, as this sounds so fun. So I am thinking I might still try for the Club level room, and book it for the Thur Morning. Do the Trek tour at AK after breakfast, and head to MK by noon and spend the rest of the day there before checking into GF. :love:

Are either of these Sunrise or Wanyama on DP? If so are they 1 or 2 credits. If not I guess we will skip DP, that is about a 1st. Are either discounted with TIW, (AP or DVC too) as I am going to look at that instead if possible.

Neither Safari is on the Dining Plan. For the Sunset Safari, you are correct. Tour then dinner. We had to meet near the entrance to Jiko, then they led us out to the vehicle, took pictures and then loaded us up. We drove around to the back gate of the Sunset Savana between Kidani and Jambo. I think the tour was around an hour on the savana. Afterwards they dropped us off at the front of Jambo and we went in for the dinner at Jiko. As I said this was family style with everyone at one large table. Because this is open to everyone at the AKL resort, and the group is kept very small, I would recommend to book it asap, then cancel if your other plans come through.

I might be wrong, but I seem to recall that the picture was included as well through the Photopass system. Maybe someone else can give better info on that.

Neither Safari is on the Dining Plan. For the Sunset Safari, you are correct. Tour then dinner. We had to meet near the entrance to Jiko, then they led us out to the vehicle, took pictures and then loaded us up. We drove around to the back gate of the Sunset Savana between Kidani and Jambo. I think the tour was around an hour on the savana. Afterwards they dropped us off at the front of Jambo and we went in for the dinner at Jiko. As I said this was family style with everyone at one large table. Because this is open to everyone at the AKL resort, and the group is kept very small, I would recommend to book it asap, then cancel if your other plans come through.

I might be wrong, but I seem to recall that the picture was included as well through the Photopass system. Maybe someone else can give better info on that.

DOING IT TODAY! ty! 180 day window is on thur i think.
:) ty!

I booked the room, 180 day window is tomm. (just checked) I will cancel the GF for the 5th and leave club level WL, if I get the ressie! I will still add on the morning of thur for the sun saf if I get club level, but the dinner sounds even more romantic and fun!

THIS IS SOOO exciting.. and the DH doesn't know!

LOL ! I emailed his boss for a suprise trip! :rotfl2: He okayed it. Not sure when I am going to tell him, but this will be sooooooo much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter