Club Villain Watch Thread-2017

All valid points but you have to at least give them some points for listening to reviews.

Though I think the other issue is, if it does return, it won't be until a date later than when Toy Story Land is due to open. So things wouldn't be as dire at HS

I can appreciate that they listen to feedback. And I'm not pretending to know all the aspects of their business. I'm sure there are avenues that I'm unaware of. That being said, the solution to the feedback looks ham-handed.

If Hollywood Studios is in a dire current state, why not bring back something to give it appeal? Why wait for new attractions that are about 1 year out, and continue with less attendance? Why not bring back something that gives it luster, especially with existing sets, costumes, choreography, menu, building, script... etc?

If the idea is to eliminate the need for park admission (which still blows my mind), why not keep the later CV shows that take place when the park is closing, and not charge park admission? CV attendees get into the park, close to closing time, with only their CV ticket. OR why not keep it seasonal at HS this year, and move it to Disney Springs in the future?

If they're afraid that moving it elsewhere immediately would detract from a HS that currently has fewer attractions, why not just keep it there temporarily to retain interest in the park? Then, in a year or two, they could say, "We've listened to your feedback, and we're moving Club Villain as a reserved, ticketed event" to Disney Springs, or the Contemporary, or wherever.

Don't know any of that. Other than the real bottom line is. it's not coming back at this time. Not planned, not staffed, not in the works, not cast now, not currently scheduled to be cast. So there's that. Until something more comes out, it's considered over and done with. Sad news because it was a fabulous event. But that's where it is. It was never a permanent event. Disney does lots of things that are short time events, this is just one of many. Not sure why it's the one folks seem to miss the most. It was a good one for sure but it wasn't even the best, Harambe Nights was even better than CV. I miss it even more. But there is even less hope of it. But I can hope for some other special even one day, because I know there will be something eventually. That's how I look at it in regards to CV. While CV as I remember is a thing of the past I know eventually there will be something else come along.

All that said, the could announced a casting call tomorrow. No one knows what they plan in that regards. But there were months, if not a year, of casting in the works when they brought it around the first time so that alone should show something about it's future, or lack of.

It does seem odd to get rid of such a popular event! Especially as the demand is up for it. I'm jealous you guys got to go, I was planning on going this year :(

Does Epcot training have anything to do with potential future plans? Dr Facilier and Cruella have been spotted heavily over the past two weeks?

It does seem odd to get rid of such a popular event! Especially as the demand is up for it. I'm jealous you guys got to go, I was planning on going this year :(

Does Epcot training have anything to do with potential future plans? Dr Facilier and Cruella have been spotted heavily over the past two weeks?
That should have to do with the Halloween Party

The CV casting that is specific is the MC/singer and the dancers.

And I'm not certain but I think Cruella is also friends with Lady Tremaine. And Queen of Hearts. Though outside of CV they always use the cartoon Queen of Hearts, for a reason I'll never quite understand. She was easily the best character of the event.

Well, I wanted to thank you, AngiTN, for all the insight. I agree that the near future isn't looking so good for Club Villain. Hopefully, something grand will come along (I'm looking at you, Haunted Mansion Restaurant).

As far as why people are smitten with this one, I'm not sure. My guesses are: fairly intimate venue, less common characters, fabulous decor, Cajun inspired cuisine, and of course VILLAINS! The Fall season is a great time to explore the vile side of Disney, so what's not to like?

As for me, hearing last year's reviews of Club Villain was the reason I booked a trip to WDW this year. I knew it might not return, but it sounded like something unique. Villains Unleashed never appealed to me, but this did. I think it would've been a great surprise for the family around Halloween time. I'm still looking forward to going to WDW, but this would've been the poison apple on top.

The 2 locations that were tossed around in some meetings at the end of the last run were a ballroom at CR or Atlantic Dance Hall. And can't stress enough these were just locations tossed around as ideas, not strong possibilities. The only thing said was, if it returns (and it's a huge IF as there are no plans for it to return right now) it would NOT be in the park.

Not really, if it were to return they would have to have started casting by now. They have not.

Just seeing this. I followed thread so only saw a few replies today. Well bad news probably not happening good news if by chance it does I won't have a ticket dilemma. Lol!! Thanks Angie you are the best.

And I'm not certain but I think Cruella is also friends with Lady Tremaine. And Queen of Hearts. Though outside of CV they always use the cartoon Queen of Hearts, for a reason I'll never quite understand. She was easily the best character of the event

Funny... Based on the vids that I've seen, I was thinking that the Queen of Hearts might know one of the Southern Belle ghosts that roam the Haunted Mansion grounds during MNSSHP.

Funny... Based on the vids that I've seen, I was thinking that the Queen of Hearts might know one of the Southern Belle ghosts that roam the Haunted Mansion grounds during MNSSHP.
That could well be the case too. Considering the talent of the friends used for Queen of Hearts I hope her talents are used elsewhere

Thank you AngiTN for all the information. As terrible as the news is, you're making me decide what to spend my money on as myself and my girlfriend have saved money just in case club villain popped up.

We're going in November; anyone know how I can meet some other villains? How likely do they come out at Epcot training and such? :)

Thank you AngiTN for all the information. As terrible as the news is, you're making me decide what to spend my money on as myself and my girlfriend have saved money just in case club villain popped up.

We're going in November; anyone know how I can meet some other villains? How likely do they come out at Epcot training and such? :)
Villains are the hardest to meet. By November they are likely to not be out in Training but you just never know really.
Another place to see them is Fantasmic over at HS

Can you meet them at Fantasmic though? We went there last year; it was amazing.
No, just see them. There isn't really any way to meet them for certain. Character Training if you get really lucky
Captain Hook and Mr Smee are at the Pirate and Pal's Fireworks Cruise that runs out of CR
Lady Tremaine and Step Sisters (if you call them Villains) are at 1900 PF and the sisters are in MK
We just happened upon Cartoon Queen of Hearts and the Tweedles at MK last year. Unscheduled and not regularly found for sure

There's a character blogger, Kenny the Pirate. He's the best I know of on all the where's and when's on characters. Charges a small fee for access to all the details on his site for characters. May be worth it for any he has on Villains. If he learns of any planned stuff with them he'll post it on his blog too.

Captain Hook & Mr Smee tempt me, but I've been told there's not much happening there expect meeting those two. So I'm not sure if I'd like to pay all that out just for the characters. That being said, with no Club Villain this year, I may just do it yet.

I've got an account with Kenny; although you can't always predict when characters may pop out of nowhere, especially at Epcot.

Captain Hook & Mr Smee tempt me, but I've been told there's not much happening there expect meeting those two. So I'm not sure if I'd like to pay all that out just for the characters. That being said, with no Club Villain this year, I may just do it yet.

I've got an account with Kenny; although you can't always predict when characters may pop out of nowhere, especially at Epcot.
We did the cruise once. It was very fun, I will admit. The part where you meet Hook and Smee is essentially a dessert party.
The cruise part was really entertaining. The Pirate leaders are very fun, getting the group involved in games, trivia, singing, etc. Lots of jokes, mostly corny of course, all family friendly. We did lots of laughing. He even got DH and I up and dancing as we had the closest anniversary. In 17 years of marriage it's the only time DH and I have danced.
We did it when it was Wishes but found the view very nice. I think with HEA it can still be very good, even if slightly different. You miss the details of the projections but the way they have designed the colors and the fireworks I think the show at a distance is still very spectacular.

As a huge fan of dessert parties and a even bigger fan of Captain Hook, do you think we should go for this one? :)

As a huge fan of dessert parties and a even bigger fan of Captain Hook, do you think we should go for this one? :)
Our experience with it was a couple years ago. So I'd start a new thread for recent reviews. See if anyone has done it since HEA started. But my first instinct is to go for it. We sure did enjoy it
And also make sure there's been no changes to it. Disney's been changing things left and right lately. Taking away little parts of events here and there. Like when we did Backstage Magic last year, they changed it just before we did it to do 2 parks instead of 4. It was still good but I was slightly disappointed to not get to all 4 parks like we thought we'd be doing.

There isn't really any way to meet them for certain. Character Training if you get really lucky
Captain Hook and Mr Smee are at the Pirate and Pal's Fireworks Cruise that runs out of CR
Lady Tremaine and Step Sisters (if you call them Villains) are at 1900 PF and the sisters are in MK
We just happened upon Cartoon Queen of Hearts and the Tweedles at MK last year. Unscheduled and not regularly found for sure

There's a character blogger, Kenny the Pirate. He's the best I know of on all the where's and when's on characters. Charges a small fee for access to all the details on his site for characters. May be worth it for any he has on Villains. If he learns of any planned stuff with them he'll post it on his blog too.
Another option is the new Legend of Sleepy Hollow event at Fort Wilderness. If memory serves, you watch the animated film, and then meet the Headless Horseman afterward.

I don't think there's any dessert party, and you have to go to Wilderness Lodge to do it, but they offer some kind of premium seating with a goodie bag. If you're jonesing for villains, or the spookier side of WDW, this might be one to look into.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd post this here as I think it will give us some closure.

I phoned Disney last night to book Pirates and Pales (I can't yet, have to wait within 90 days of our visit), but I asked the lady on the phone about Club Villain and if she knew anything about it returning. She said and this is an exact quote:

"It won't be back I'm afraid. It may come back in the future, but because nothing has been announced, it definitely won't be back within the next 6 months."

So basically what AngiTN said was true. I know obviously relying on a phone call from one of the staff at WDW isn't exactly proof, but I gathered someone working in the "Special Ticket" department would know more than anyone, so I thought I'd post it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter