• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island is closing

FLOIR

DIS Veteran
It has been officially announced that the Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island show will be closing. The last day is currently scheduled to be August 10.

It sounds like they are closing down to do a re-theme and come out with a new show. I believe, but have not confirmed, is that this date is after the Sea Lions Tonight show was already scheduled to shut down at the end of summer.

The only thing I don't know yet, and probably the most important - where will the mime go?????

aww that's sad. We really enjoyed that show. I guess won't see if ever again, since we don't arrive until the end of August.

I hope they do put on another family show, including that great mime.

It has been officially announced that the Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island show will be closing. The last day is currently scheduled to be August 10.

It sounds like they are closing down to do a re-theme and come out with a new show. I believe, but have not confirmed, is that this date is after the Sea Lions Tonight show was already scheduled to shut down at the end of summer.

The only thing I don't know yet, and probably the most important - where will the mime go?????

:sad: I am not ashamed to say I am truly bummed by that news.

We arrive August 17th :headache: .

Does this mean there won't be a sea lion show until they rebrand? Or will they start up the next day with the brand new show? What a bummer if there is no show for a while...

Does this mean there won't be a sea lion show until they rebrand? Or will they start up the next day with the brand new show? What a bummer if there is no show for a while...

Yes to your first question - there will not be a new show to replace it for a while.

That sucks! We were in San Diego 3 years ago and they called their show Sea lions live. The show spoofed all the other attractions at SeaWorld. It was hysterical! They have a maintenance guy named Biff who comes out at the start of the show. He turns a "radio" on and goes into a costume trunk and dresses up like the artist from each song he hears. The best show ever! I loved the mime too. I sure hope they have a new sea lion show by November when we are going!

The wording of the email that we received gave me the impression that the new show will be coming in 2015.

Oh wow, we are going on 8/10. I just happened to plan SW on the first full day we are in Orlando. I'm so glad we are going on that day so we can see it one last time.

We will be there the 9th. This is the first trip for my son and myself. My husband loves Clyde and Seamore, so we will have to make sure to fit this in!

We are gutted. Our first day in Florida is 10 August. With a show taken out of the schedule, all the other shows will be heaving and harder to get into.

Mixed feeling here. I'm going in early January 2015 so there's a shot the show will still be closed. On the other hand, I've seen several different Clyde and Seamore shows. I'm confident that what ever they replace it with will be just as good as Pirate Island.

FLOIR said:

If I had to guess they'll be back. They might be wandering the park temporarily. I know Mark that was one of the entertainers for the New Friends show which was the show prior to Blue Horizons was playing different instruments near seafire and the seaport theatre while the show was in transition. The mimes have been at the Sea Lion stadium for as long as I can remember. Speaking of shows does any body know the name of the show that C/STPI was. We were just talking about it over dinner and we can't remember the name.

although i love clyde and seamore i only really went for the mime he is brill

Loved that show for years :sad2:

I'll be there this Saturday for the Pass Holder show.

Exclusive seating at one of the final Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island Shows on Saturday, August 9 and Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 2:15 pm show only. Show active Annual Pass at Sea Lion and Otter Theater to attendant at least 15 minutes prior to show time for entry. Capacity is limited and first-come, first-served. Each Pass Member is invited to bring up to two guests. Park admission is required, but not included. Pass Members will receive a commemorative autograph card while supplies last.

If I had to guess they'll be back. They might be wandering the park temporarily. I know Mark that was one of the entertainers for the New Friends show which was the show prior to Blue Horizons was playing different instruments near seafire and the seaport theatre while the show was in transition. The mimes have been at the Sea Lion stadium for as long as I can remember. Speaking of shows does any body know the name of the show that C/STPI was. We were just talking about it over dinner and we can't remember the name.

I couldn't remember it either so I checked videos and found this on You Tube. It looks like it might have been Hotel Clyde and Seamore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxdTYhvR2_s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter