CM cleans table with floor mop...

I'm afraid this kind of thing probably happens at a lot of places. Where I used to work quite a few of the women (myself included) believed that the woman who cleaned the restrooms was using the same rag for pretty much everything in the restroom including wiping the toilet seats. I don't think any of us actually stood around long enough to actually prove that was what she was doing but I would wash my hands and then not touch anything else and after getting back to my desk I would use anti-bacterial gel. It was disgusting. I'm not saying it's okay that it happened at Disney (it's not) but I don't think it is a training issue so much as it is the attitude of the worker just not caring. I think it is common sense to not clean a table with the same mop you cleaned the floor with or don't use the same rag you used to wipe the toilets on the sinks.

The fact that this thread was moved to the Rumors/News thread has me scratching my head. This should be on the front page which here is the Theme parks strategy threads. What is more of a strategy than bring CLOROX wipes with you to WDW because of (insert video here)! I realize this site makes its money on peoples love of Disney but seriously it should not be buried. People taking notice of this stuff is what will result in the change.

Amen.
I've never been a germaphobe. I'm a nurse & survive exposure to gobs of things. I've never considered washing down a table before.
I've now added wipes to my list!

Yup - sad. Unexpected? For us - not really. Sort of depends on where the mopping is occurring......

Please - ALWAYS carry Hand Sanitizer - and consider a few bleach based towelettes. Given the number of humans going through ALL WDW tables - it couldn't hurt.

You realize it is the Art of Animation Hotel,Correct? Perhaps, this guy videotaped a CM practicing her part in the new dining room show. It is supposed to be like Artist Pallette on the DCL. She must be a friend of Jacque or the Gus Gus in the Cinderella portion of the show.........

Cinderella, Cinderelly
Night and day it's Cinderelly
Make the fire, fix the breakfast
Clean the table, use the moppin'
And the sweepin' and the dustin'
They always keep her hoppin'

There is a Beauty and Beast segment with an all new song that brings B&B into the 21st Century called "H1B-Visa Guest" where the Beast fires Lumieere and Cogsworth and replaces them with workers from an exotic land that will work for one third of what Beast was paying!

How cool that a Spokesperson of Disney kept the secret by making up that unbelievable line like we hired a 3rd party vendor to clean........Disney would never do something like hire the cheapest vendor and not supervise, correct?

Anyone else hum "do you remember the magic?" when you visit WDW? I remember watching Walt Disney World: Inside Out with George Foreman,Bree and the red headed guy on the Disney Channel in the 90's. They had a segment showing how Disney cleaned every surface of the entire park. Yea,Right!

Makes you wonder what's happening in the hotel rooms that aren't in public view

I have a friend that works in housekeeping and you definitely not want to know. When my friend started working she actually cleaned but she would get reprimanded for taking too long as Disney does not like to pay overtime. She got tired of getting yelled at so now she just spot cleans.

Seems they are out sourcing a lot these days. I rode the Monorail at Disneyland and it was filthy. When I was talking with a cast member at the station they said they are cleaned by a 3rd party source. Well it must be cheap labor cause I felt I wanted to take a bath after that.

I have a friend that works in housekeeping and you definitely not want to know. When my friend started working she actually cleaned but she would get reprimanded for taking too long as Disney does not like to pay overtime. She got tired of getting yelled at so now she just spot cleans.

Ugh that's sad to have to work like that and not feel like you can do a good job. :( So I guess the idea is just to make it look clean.

Me too. Can you imagine how different this thread would be without the proof?
Yes you are totally right something I see often on the boards is where someone calls into question someone's experience because it sounds like it's totally false or they embellished it (and certain times I'm sure that's actually the case) but this one there is no way you can claim that the story is false.

IMO the contract worker is actually relevant here. It makes Disney look bad for using a company that has lax standards plus the feeling that there is no accountability for the work since they are from a 3rd party vendor but it also someone molifies people (stick with me here) because Disney can say well it wasn't from OUR trained staff and they can lay the blam on the 3rd party vendor. This is also me assuming they hire the contract staff from a specific company or groups of particular companies who specializes in contract workers.

Yeah I know the above might not makes sense...sometimes things just make perfect sense in my mind..not so much others lol

Why is this on the Rumors forum? If anything it should be in Themeparks and Resorts. (Yes, both.)

I personally don't think that it matters whether it was 3rd party or not. Disney is responsible for all workers regardless of who signs their checks. This is pretty disgraceful.

Why is this on the Rumors forum? If anything it should be in Themeparks and Resorts. (Yes, both.)

I personally don't think that it matters whether it was 3rd party or not. Disney is responsible for all workers regardless of who signs their checks. This is pretty disgraceful.
I too feel this way.

In our area we've had a lot of Google Fiber issues with their initial installation mess but I've always had the stance that yes the subcontractors they hired did a crap job but in the end Google Fiber is responsible as they hired that company to do their work. I mean really do you remember the subcontractor who did the digging to bury the cable lines or do you remember why the cable lines are being buried in the first place..which is due to Google Fiber. Back to Disney..we don't even know the company name (and it's doubtful you would) where the contract worker was hired from so all you think about is that it's Disney..because Disney hired the company where they got the contract worker from.

Well it's certainly sad that this happened at WDW and reflects poorly on Disney it points to something that is a much deeper problem. That's the complete lack of responsibility and pride in their work for American workers at all levels. Nowadays just getting by is perfectly acceptable, there's no need to do it right or responsibly! It's just the way that everything in America is going these days.

Well it's certainly sad that this happened at WDW and reflects poorly on Disney it points to something that is a much deeper problem. That's the complete lack of responsibility and pride in their work for American workers at all levels. Nowadays just getting by is perfectly acceptable, there's no need to do it right or responsibly! It's just the way that everything in America is going these days.

That is not fair......you are assuming it is an American Worker. I would venture to say it could easily be a illegal immigrant or non-documented worker (depending on your level of political correctness). A large company like Disney could not hire a non-documented worker. However, a third party vendor could. For all we know, this worker could be a third party vendor of the third party vendor. Is that third party vendor squared?

A few things are clear......The employee did not do their job, they weren't supervised by their employee nor Disney ,quality continues to decline at WDW and Bob Iger is overcompensated...........

Why not use a separate cleaning fluid and paper towels or rags to clean tables? Tell the janitors that if they're out on floor duty, just mop the floors, and if they're out to clean tables, only focus on the tables!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter