CM cleans table with floor mop...

Then the solution is to prevent the employee from working at Disney? Okay, but how does that prevent future incidents from happening? I don't think the third-party vendor can say, "Worker A got fired for not following proper sanitation and safety instructions." That would be a privacy violation, right? So do the other employees of this vendor even know that they shouldn't do what Worker A did or even that this incident happened? The story doesn't even have a cursory statement, that Disney has instructed their third party vendor "to instruct employees to follow proper sanitation and safety procedures."
You're suggesting that the worker didn't realize that this wasn't proper procedure. Anyone with even the most basic level of common sense would realize that this is a problem. In what facility are you instructed to mop the floor and then turn around and use the same mop to clean a table? No place I can think of.

I find it dubious that the worker can claim ignorance. This is basic cleaning. This was would've been laziness, aggression, or corner cutting. This cannot be a systematic training problem. I have sympathy to a point, but this is clearly not the employee's industry. I see WDW Cast Members and I'd assume contractors do an excellent job everyday of my trips. This is the exception not the standard.

I bet Disney hates the fact that almost every single person now has a camera/video camera on hand, at all times nowadays.

It's so disgusting. There is no excuse. Disney needs to dump that contractor and hire and train their own people.

This is disturbing to me. We were there last week and walked through AofA one day. While there, we talked about grabbing lunch at their food court. The second reason this is disturbing is because we're scheduled to stay at AofA in November and will most likely be eating at the food court.

All of that said, we might have to adjust where we stay.

This is disturbing to me. We were there last week and walked through AofA one day. While there, we talked about grabbing lunch at their food court. The second reason this is disturbing is because we're scheduled to stay at AofA in November and will most likely be eating at the food court.

I wouldn't worry about AoA now. After this news story, it will probably be the cleanest food court at WDW.

why doesn't Disney say anything about what kind of training it expects contractors to provide to their employees. Not to say what she did was right, but if she was never trained on how to do the job how can we hold her to do it correctly. Also who was supervising the cleaning contractors and didn't stop what she was doing . Then they ban her but it didnt sound like they did any thing to the contractor.

why doesn't Disney say anything about what kind of training it expects contractors to provide to their employees. Not to say what she did was right, but if she was never trained on how to do the job how can we hold her to do it correctly. Also who was supervising the cleaning contractors and didn't stop what she was doing . Then they ban her but it didnt sound like they did any thing to the contractor.

For that matter where is the supervision and why was it so hard to get the issue taken seriously in the first place? Sometimes a comp meal or a fast pass isn't the right response.

Not to say what she did was right, but if she was never trained on how to do the job how can we hold her to do it correctly.

You cannot be serious. It doesn't take "proper training" to know that you don't mop a floor then 2 seconds later mop a table with the same mop. If you think it does, I hope you're never in charge of anything that involves sanitation. This was clearly laziness. No amount of training in the world would have corrected this behavior.

That is very disgusting. However, I am sure she was not trained to clean that way. I supervise a lot of people and sometimes you can train individuals to do something and they are always going to take shortcuts when you are not around. I do agree that they should take ownership of the incident and not put all of the blame on the contracted company. Clorox wipes will definitely be make this trip with us next time!

You cannot be serious. It doesn't take "proper training" to know that you don't mop a floor then 2 seconds later mop a table with the same mop. If you think it does, I hope you're never in charge of anything that involves sanitation. This was clearly laziness. No amount of training in the world would have corrected this behavior.
I completely agree! You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

This is why I bring Chlorox wipes and wipe the table down before we eat. Someone made fun of me for that months ago on another thread.

My friend in hotel management also told me housekeeping uses the same rags they used to clean the bathroom to clean the coffee pot. I cringe when I read posts on here about using hotel coffee pots.

I have a friend that works in housekeeping and you definitely not want to know. When my friend started working she actually cleaned but she would get reprimanded for taking too long as Disney does not like to pay overtime. She got tired of getting yelled at so now she just spot cleans.

That's why I bring cleaning supplies and clean my own room when we get there.

Just bring Clorox wipes and wipe down the table before you eat.

Yet after the responses of disgust how many folks are still going? If so, don't expect any better practices. Money talks ! Everything else is just background noise to Disney.

I have personally observed housekeeping clean the bathroom and come out and clean the coffee pot and cups in the room with the same towel. :crazy2: :scared:

I always, always, always take my own small personal coffee maker, coffee cup and dish soap with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter