• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CM just told me there are available room only discounts for 2016-WHAT?

Idreamofmickey

Mouseketeer
I just called to see about switching my package for March to a room only and the CM said there are 2016 offers out for that time period, but her system was down and couldn't access my reservation. Does this sound a little off? I thought that those didn't come out until October or later. She spent several minutes typing then told me this and urged me to ask the CM when I called back.....is this a case of a wrong CM or is it possible they have access to discounts that are not released to the public yet?

I just called to see about switching my package for March to a room only and the CM said there are 2016 offers out for that time period, but her system was down and couldn't access my reservation. Does this sound a little off? I thought that those didn't come out until October or later. She spent several minutes typing then told me this and urged me to ask the CM when I called back.....is this a case of a wrong CM or is it possible they have access to discounts that are not released to the public yet?
I called this morning to pay the balance of our reservation and the CM told me that she couldn't process it now because the computers were down. Whenever the servers or website goes down for a long time, especially in the morning, I get suspicious about a new discount coming up. If it was really an early winter discount than they would be almost two months earlier than the last two years.

The December discounts were pulled this morning, or at least are no longer showing up; so I wouldn't be shocked if 2016 discounts get added very shortly.

Any Updates on this? I have been searching for February rooms and showing a lot of "we are unable to show rates at this time".

Just checked and it still says "Special announcement coming soon. Visit us again on Aug 17." Waiting...

Just checked and it still says "Special announcement coming soon. Visit us again on Aug 17." Waiting...
Where do you find this announcement? If I login to my Disney Visa, I can only find the link for "View Disney Offers" from which I can select "Limited-Time Offers". But I only see things like buying VIP seats to various shows, 20% off at Disney Music Emporium, 15% off at select new Disney Stores, etc. But nothing about an August 17 announcement coming.

You can go to https://disneyrewards.com/ and it is one of the top flashing banners. It's still up there, but no announcement :( I even called their customer service and they have no idea. I'm wondering if it's in regards to the new star wars card designs? I hope it's a discount!!!!

The special announcement banner is gone, replaced by the Star Wars card. It appears that's what it is, and no discounts except for Star Wars related stuff and the usual Disney Rewards offers.

I have a Disney visa-are their room offer discounts usually different then regular ones this past year? thanks

I have a Disney visa-are their room offer discounts usually different then regular ones this past year? thanks
The advantage of the Disney Visa is that the room discounts are sometimes offered to Disney Visa holders a few days before they are offered to the general public. But other than the early date, they don't offer any additional room discounts with the Disney Visa card. You wouldn't get an extra 10% off your room rate for instance. It would be whatever the discount would be for everyone.

The big discount is for purchases, restaurants and certain events and tours, which will have 10% or more discounts when using the Disney Visa. I think our Keys to the Kingdom tour had a 15% or 20% discount when using the Disney Visa to pay for it. The website has the list of benefits.

With the Disney Visa, can you book online through the Disney website, or do you have to call to make reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter