CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should only be taken with a grain of salt, but I came across this bit of information on Cruise Law News that suggests the crew member jumped overboard: cruiselawnews-dot-com. (I am newly registered, so I can't post actual links)

Obviously, it's only speculation, but it makes me wonder where they got their information from.

My family and I will be setting sail this Sunday on the Wonder, so news of this missing CM is pretty much at the forefront of our minds at the moment. I feel really bad for her family who must be wondering *** is going on? I pray things will turn out okay :-/.

We will be there Sunday as well, you should come say hi on the meets thread.

Our prayers and thoughts go out to this CM and her family as well, I also hope everything turns out ok.

It appears that someone hinted that this could be foul play at the bottom of the CNN article...a friend of the missing girl.

I truly, truly, TRULY hope that is not the case (not that I hope she committed suicide, but I think you know what I mean).

That thought is horrible.........please keep us informed about the "foul play" aspect............Our prayers are with the young woman.........

Not to dampen hope, but if the missing crew member did end up in the water, given the sea surface temperatures in the area the ship was in early Tuesday morning, survival in open water would (per navy information) have been around 15 hours maximum.

Also, there is already some commentary appearing in the media questioning why Disney didn't go public with this news until over 48 hours after the disappearance - and then only after prodding by reporters.

I googled the latest CNN press release and it does not say anything about "foul play".............until I hear otherwise, "foul play" isn't an issue.............

I googled the latest CNN press release and it does not say anything about "foul play".............until I hear otherwise, "foul play" isn't an issue.............

No, I said down in the comments at the bottom of the CNN article, there are two people stating that they are friends of the girl and know more information that is being told. That is all.

I am curious, have they altered their itinerary because of this at all? Or are they trying to make everything as normal as possible given the circumstances?

Also, I would like to know what Disney is doing for the rest of the crew to keep their spirits up.

In that same line of thinking, since we and a few others that are following this thread are sailing out in a few days, does anyone have ideas on how we might be able to help cheer up their say a little?

I am curious, have they altered their itinerary because of this at all? Or are they trying to make everything as normal as possible given the circumstances?

Also, I would like to know what Disney is doing for the rest of the crew to keep their spirits up.

In that same line of thinking, since we and a few others that are following this thread are sailing out in a few days, does anyone have ideas on how we might be able to help cheer up their say a little?

what itinerary have they changed?

It appears that someone hinted that this could be foul play at the bottom of the CNN article...a friend of the missing girl.

This the post (by a poster going by the screen name "jabeye") from the CNN story forum that you are referring to:

"there is stuff people wont know because its not been released, but all i will say is there are people involved and i hope she is found alive, shes a very close friend off mine and her family are gutted about this whole situation. we just want her home safe."

In another post on that forum "jabeye" said the missing woman is 24 years old.

To all the CM's, family members and friends of the missing girl-our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Please know that there are so many people wishing and praying for a positive outcome.:grouphug:

Prayers and good thoughts for the missing girl as well as for her family and the whole Wonder family too.

I am prayerful for all involved. I hope some kind of counselling is offered to the cast and crew amidst it all.

This has been on our local news here in NorCal today. My thoughts and prayers go out to the CM, her family and friends.:grouphug:

This is so sad and scary. I sure hope that they find her alive. There are so many cameras around the ship you would think they would know if someone went overboard? I gather from what i have read that she went missing while at sea not left at any port? I have sailed many times in this ship and cant even imagine how the crew and passengers must be feeling. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved.

More information about the missing CM is coming out: she is either 23 or 24 (both ages are being cited) and is said to be from the U.K.

Thoughts and prayers to the missing person and their family. Isn't it fair that if this is someone that we leave our kids with on a cruise we find out everything possible to determine if we want to continue to do so? I wouldn't leave my kids with the Royal Caribbean people because they were lazy and appeared burnt out. I always think of the Disney difference and hope that there are established programs in place to deal with the depression that can be caused by being on a ship for such a long period of time.

:thumbsup2

Mods, if this is wrong or not what you want feel free to delate.

For all those who think that DCL should have released all information about happened. Let me give you some perspective from a militray wife view.

When there is a report of military deaths. Every wife with a husband deployed watches the door. She knows that 3 people will come to visit her. She dreads that visit. It scares her. The only time she relaxes is when her husband is in her arms again. She avoids all unknown phone numbers and strangers. After the notification is done. All the wives know who lost their loved one. And the one who is was notified, she feels like a leper, a stranger, an outcast.

I imagine every parent/spouse of the CMs on the Wonder are going through the samething. Even if the notification has been done, communication with loved ones may or may not have happen. So families are nervous and scared. And the familiy that lost the loved one, is hurting something fierce. DCL and Disney will never be the same for them.

My heart breaks for them. :sad1:
Well said, and :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope and pray that her family gets an answer soon. What a terrible situation to have to endure.

Let's continue with hope for a positive outcome for all of whom are affected by this terrible event.

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter