CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of demonstrating our support for the Coriam and DCL family by lighting a candle. If Sunday 8 pm is the time agreed upon, I can update my very first post with that information. Just let me know. :grouphug:

We will be on the Dream at 8pm Sunday, so I won't be able to light a candle, but I will be thinking of Rebecca and her family and saying a prayer for them as I know you all will be doing as you light your candles. I think the idea is wonderful Tonya's Skipper. I hope many others join in.

Tonka's Skipper, perhaps you could start a new thread for those who want to light a candle. That would eliminate all the...."extraneous" posts on this thread.

Thanks for the idea.

Someone on cruise critic who has a son working for DCL said that they were bringing in some youth counselors from the Magic and Dream to help out, which I think is nice, if true. I would imagine some of the CM's friends probably could use a break.

We'll be on the Wonder on Sunday so no candles, but we'll be definitely thinking of her. Someone please start a new thread to advertise this support initiative.

Just a question-if there was no foul play, does that mean the possibility she may have gone overboard? I had always assumed there were security cameras all over the ship, if so would the cameras not have shown this?

If that is the case that is something that would be kept private with only the family told. There are cameras everywhere.

If that is the case that is something that would be kept private with only the family told. There are cameras everywhere.

Not true at all...recently the wonder on the re positioning cruise had two young men shoot 7 30 minute videos of them vandalizing the ship. It was not until they posted the video on youtube that DCL even became aware of what had happened:scared1: They even shot a video of them selves in a secured area of the ship.
:scared1::scared1:
Rob

Morning to all,

There seems to be some interest in a group organized support for the family.

I would suggest a candle in the window, each time zone burning a candle in a window at home..............say Sunday........800 pm for a hour?

Any other ideas...............different date or time?

AKK

Lovely idea - I'm in. We live about an hour from Chester so will light ours at 8pm GMT.

Just to get the ball rolling on a separate candle lighting page, I have started one here. Does anyone know If it should be What ever local time or GMT? pirate:

Thank you for this wonderful idea. We will definitely light a candle and say a prayer at 8:00PM our local time on Sunday.

I wonder, how many time zones are represented on the DIS? It would be nice to have it spread out....

We'll be on the Wonder on Sunday so no candles, but we'll be definitely thinking of her. Someone please start a new thread to advertise this support initiative.

They have battery operated ones in most big box stores in the camping area.

This is just so very sad. We were on this cruise and it just made me sick as the pages got more and more urgent. I truly thought she would turn up, but as the day wore on everyone's hopes started to diminish. My heart aches for the family. We will light a candle in her honor.

I've been reading this thread for some time now, and it just kind of hangs in the back of my thoughts. So tragic... and so... at loose ends to not know what really happened (overboard/not, on purpose/not, etc). I mean, not that my loose ends matter on this whatsoever, but it just seems like a story unfinished. I wonder every day if there is any new information. I keep thinking, geez... if I feel the lack of closure on this, I can't imagine how her friends and family must feel! So sad. Prayers to her family. I do hope they get some kind of closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter