Coasters with glasses & room questions

Mad4WDW

Madforwdw in VMK. A nice guy, unless I just DC in
Hi all,

Very nice forum! I already feel at home amongst my fellow orlando junkies! This is my first post, and I'd like to ask a couple questions if I may.

Firstly (and I know this was partially covered in another thread), I wear glasses, and was wondering if any other specs wearers have had trouble with their glasses on the looper coasters? We are going again in September, and in the past, I ave always taken my glasses off and placed them in my bum bag during the ride...but for once I would love to actually see further than the seat in front clearly!! lol. I've been trying to find a source for elasticated cords that can attach to the specs and fit round the back of the head, but cannot find any. Any advice or previous reports would be appreciated.

Secondly, we are staying at ASMo again this year. I travel with my sister and her husband, and we've noted that each time, even though the bath is seperated by a door, the sink area isn't...and it would be nice for my sister to have a bit of privacy. Do any of you know if there are any rooms at the ASMo that have the area where the sink is seperated from the main bedroom area by a door?

Thanks for your help....the trip is September 18th, and we can't wait....I'll be sure to post a nice trip report!

Paul

I have never had any problems and I have ridden all the big coasters in orlando and tampa whilst wearing glasses

as long as your glasses fit you well then you should have no problem leaving them on
but if it would make you feel happier then you can buy a sports band from specsavers opticians
it is a neoprene band that is designed for sports use
but would work well for what you want

sorry I cant help on the hotel

Jayne

Paul,

I'm not sure about the All Stars, but at Caribbean Beach we had the same bathroom setup, and there was a curtain across the sink area so you could get dressed in private.

my dh wears glasses, and he usually gets a neoprene glasses strap, but we don't do many big coasters, so I can't vouch for how well it works on those.

Bev

Thankyou Jayne2 and BevS97 for your answers...much appreciated. I will be taking a trip into town and popping into Specsavers to have a look at the neoprene straps. the glasses do fit pretty snugly, but it is always a worry, especially when I don't have a backup pair.

The All stars do not have a curtain like the Caribbean, unfortunately. I always thought the design was a bit dappy...but I suppsoe it does give the opportunity for one person to shower and another to wash etc at the same time.

Thanks again for the replies

Paul

Nothing to add to what's already been said ..... but I did want to say welcome to the boards Paul :D

( Could I suggest that you take it in turns to get coffee and/or b'fast from the foodcourt in the mornings whilst the others are washing and changing?)

Thanks for the welcome Shirley!

Yea...we did do that kind of thing last year, but there was always that worry of stumbling in when someone else is totally naked !

I did have an idea just now actually, about using a couple of those cheap suction type hooks, with some string between and something light used as a curtain...will get my brain in gear and work on that idea!:D

Paul

Hiya Paul, welcome to DIS.

I love the coasters and always put me glasses into me bum bag for safety. I did try the neoprene bands but was so worried they might still fall off it ruined the ride I did try with them on! I'd just squint ,mate!
The only time I've felt me blurry vision had detracted from the ride was on the front of Ice at IoA when I didn't see the other train comin till it was right in front of uz!

Re yer privacy issue, I was gonna suggest the same as you- a sort of makeshift curtain on string etc. As All Stars in papered, you might struggle to get suction hooks to stay put. Tie one end of yer string to the clothes rail (left) and the other to the sprinkler casing (right) - it won't stop the spinkler functioning. Buy a cheap lightweight shower curtain at Walmart or similar and off yer go.

Course yer sister could be more considerate and go get dressed in the ladies shower room beside the pool and leave the menfolk in peace!

Oh good grief - how daft am I!! :rolleyes:

I read your post title and assumed you were an extremely neat and tidy person who didn't wish to leave nasty ring marks on furniture when you had a drink!! :)

I wear glasses but use disposable contact lenses on holiday, but, considering I'm not a fan of coasters I take it as bonus that I can't see the next drop!!

I've racked my brains as to a solution re. the sink problem but can't come up with any brighter ideas than the makeshift curtain idea. Is it worthwhile contacting All Star beforehand and seeing if they have any suggestions?

Astrid (another (ex) Essex person - there's a lot of us around!)

PS. Have a great trip!

Originally posted by Astrid
I read your post title and assumed you were an extremely neat and tidy person who didn't wish to leave nasty ring marks on furniture when you had a drink!! :)

LOL, Astrid - me too! I thought it must be some new perk for staying onsite - a Mickey tumbler and matching coaster!

Haven't got anything intelligent to add, Paul. Welcome to the DIS - as you can see we're not always the brightest bunch, but we are friendly!

LOL! Glad to see I've found a place where everyone is as mad as me!! ;)

Thanks for the welcomes and the suggestions....and SpottyDog, one of the reasons I wanna see is Duelling Dragons! We've never front rowed on that before, but plan to this year...and I wanna be able to see the fear in the eyes of the other car's riders!! lol

...and hooray for Essex...it's only the nightclubbing Essex girls who keep the handbag manufacturers in business :jester:

Thanks all

paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter