• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No drinking for me today (getting over Covid still), but my favorite cocktail is a:

French 75
Serve in a well chilled martini glass

1.5 oz. Gin (Hendricks or Nolets are my recommendations)
1oz fresh lemon juice (don't use that bottled junk)
1/2 oz simple syrup
Shake those three well in a shaker with ice. Pour into the glass

Top with:
4 oz Champagne or Prosecco (whichever you have on hand)

No drinking for me today (getting over Covid still), but my favorite cocktail is a:

French 75
Serve in a well chilled martini glass

1.5 oz. Gin (Hendricks or Nolets are my recommendations)
1oz fresh lemon juice (don't use that bottled junk)
1/2 oz simple syrup
Shake those three well in a shaker with ice. Pour into the glass

Top with:
4 oz Champagne or Prosecco (whichever you have on hand)
Ooh that sounds good! I’m partial to a vodka gimlet, which, I believe would be in the same family. Hears to you feeling better soon! 🍸 🍸

Come on people. Cocktails need a minimum of 3 ingredients. 🤣
Okay.

KENTUCKY SUNRISE​

INGREDIENTS:​

0.5 part Grenadine
1 part Jim Beam® Bourbon
3 parts Orange Juice
Orange Slice or a Cherry

PREPARATION:​

Build in order over ice in a tall highball glass. Float the grenadine. Garnish with an orange slice or a cherry.

I don't really measure when I make one. Pour OJ in a glass, pour in the Jim Beam, add a splash of Grenadine. The garnish is too much work for me, so I skip that.

I got this recipe from a great restaurant in Las Vegas called Mon Ami Gabi. It's called Parisian Romance and is the best tasting martini I've ever had.

2 ounces amaretto
2 ounces malibu rum
A splash, the waiter emphasized on "just a splash!" so go easy, of orange, cranberry and pineapple juice. I made it once I thought I had added "just a splash" but it was still too much juice.

I got this recipe from a great restaurant in Las Vegas called Mon Ami Gabi. It's called Parisian Romance and is the best tasting martini I've ever had.

2 ounces amaretto
2 ounces malibu rum
A splash, the waiter emphasized on "just a splash!" so go easy, of orange, cranberry and pineapple juice. I made it once I thought I had added "just a splash" but it was still too much juice.
The best restaurant in Vegas. So good!

DH has gotten into cocktail making recently. To give you a better scope of how into it he is, two months ago we owned a cheap shaker that came in a package deal with some vodka about 20 years ago; and a set of wine glasses (4 each red/white) and a single champagne flute from NYE 2000. :rotfl2: We drank beer, wine, or an occasional easy mixed drink, like rum & coke. [sidenote: they need to bring Zima back permanently. I miss that stuff.]

He has since purchased: a bar cart; multiple bar tools including a strainer, big spoon, shaker, etc; glass sets, including rocks, double rocks, collins, tiki, coupe, margarita, and Irish coffee mugs, and some I probably forgot here; and about $1K in various alcohol/mixers/cherries/etc. :banana: He spent sooo much time looking up what's considered the best in various categories.

Also, he watches a Youtube channel about making drinks [How To Drink]. Guy is pretty funny; he has a couple of shows about Disney and Star Wars drinks, btw.

So here are DH'stwo current go-to, easy recipes, with brands in ():

Gin Mule

1 mint sprig
1oz Simple Syrup (Barsmith brand)
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
1-3/4 oz gin (Aviation)
1 oz ginger beer (Bundaberg)
Strip of lime peel (zest only)
Mint sprig and lime slice for garnish
Crushed ice for shaking; giant ice ball for serving

In a shaker, muddle the mint, syrup, and lime. Add gin, ginger beer, and ice, and shake. Crush lime peel slightly and put into highball glass, with ice ball. Strain shaker into highball glass; top with fresh mint and a lime slice.

(we don't use the copper mugs, because we prefer using a glass.
=-=-------------------------------------------------------------

Whiskey Sour

2 oz bourbon (Whistlepig)
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
3/4 oz simple syrup (Barsmith)
Strip of orange peel (zest only)
orange slice and cherry (Luxardo) for garnish
crushed ice and giant ice ball

Mix bourbon, lemon juice and syrup in shaker. Add ice and shake. Crush orange peel slightly and put into highball glass, with ice ball; add shaker. Garnish with orange and cherry.
-------------------------------------------------

I’ve been enjoying spicy watermelon margaritas and watermelon mezcalitas and coconut mojitos this summer.
I don’t like overly sweet drinks so I like to use fresh ingredients and go light on the simple syrup, or omit it entirely. Cut it with soda water as well.

I had a drink the other night that I really liked, jalapeño infused tequila with a little lemon, lime and blood orange juices. Very refreshing.

And my favorites:

Lemon Drop Martini

Sugar for rim
Lemon wedge, for rimming
2 oz vodka (Rain or Svedka)
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 to 3/4 oz simple syrup (Barsmith) to taste
Lemon twist garnish
crushed iced

Rub wedge on rim or martini glass, dip in sugar, let dry.
mix ice, vodka, lemon juice, and syrup in shaker. Shake.
Put into glass, add garnish.

=----------------------------------------------------------
Chai Latte Martini

1/2 c Chai Tea concentrate (Tazo)
1.5 oz whipped cream/vanilla/caramel vodka (pick your flavor)
1/4 c. half and half
Brown sugar and cinnamon for rimming
Whipped cream and cinnamon for garnish
Crushed ice

Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together on plate; wet rim of martini glass (I use a bit of the concentrate) and dip into sugar, let dry. Mix ice, tea, vodka and half n half in shaker. Shake; strain into glass. Top with a dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini

4 oz whipped vodka
4 oz vanilla vodka
8 oz pineapple juice
3 t. grenadine
maraschino cherry
crushed ice

1.Fill shaker with ice, then add vodkas and juice. Cover and shake 30 seconds
2.Put cherry in bottom of glass. Strain mixture into glass
3.Slowly pour grenadine down side of martini glass.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini

4 oz whipped vodka
4 oz vanilla vodka
8 oz pineapple juice
3 t. grenadine
maraschino cherry
crushed ice

1.Fill shaker with ice, then add vodkas and juice. Cover and shake 30 seconds
2.Put cherry in bottom of glass. Strain mixture into glass
3.Slowly pour grenadine down side of martini glass.
Serve in pint glass. 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter