Code names or nick names for unborn babies

Ember

<font color=blue>I've also crazy glued myself to m
We have a few pregnant women at work, so conversations turn quite often to babies. One conversation was all about what nick name or code name they call the unborn child. Things like Peanut or Bean or Nano. One woman was going on about how she couldn't use the same nick name for the baby as her sisters, so she needed a new one. Is this really a thing? Officially nick naming the baby while pregnant?

lol, you've never been pregnant have you?

Yes, most everyone has some 'term of endearment' that they use to refer to the unborn.

We have a few pregnant women at work, so conversations turn quite often to babies. One conversation was all about what nick name or code name they call the unborn child. Things like Peanut or Bean or Nano. One woman was going on about how she couldn't use the same nick name for the baby as her sisters, so she needed a new one. Is this really a thing? Officially nick naming the baby while pregnant?

Been pregnant 4 time and I now have 2 kids. I didn't have any nicknames for the baby while I was pregnant.

I didn't have an official nickname for them but I remember specifically with DD#1 reading the pregnancy book and calling her whatever it said she was the size of that week "pea, grape, etc". It was a thing DH and I would do but I never called her that at work or with others.

With both girls, we didn't know their gender until they were born so we didn't say " he/ she" either. I think we just said " the baby"

I called them both "the parasite". I don't think they were offended that I used the same name. ;)

My friend gave all of hers different names and they stuck as nicknames even after they were born.
Ha ha ha ha! My friend who recently gave birth called him "Fetus 2" throughout. She called the first one "Dude."

It's been years since my dear friend Amy was pregnant, but she had a variety of names: Chester, meatball, Oompa-Loompa, Carl (after Carl Sagan), and who can forget Ms. Pac Man? Both children received bizarre gifts reflecting the months of being called Carl Sagan or Ms. PacMan. Oh, so hilarious.

Never had a nickname for either of my two. A friend of DD's, who had her first last week, called the unborn child Baby Smith, but with their name of course.

With our first one, we picked names pretty quickly. It was going to be Andrew (Andy) for a boy and Katelyn (Kate) for a girl. We combined the two and called the baby "Kandy" until we knew it was a boy, then we just called him Andy. With the second one, we were more cautious since I'd had a miscarriage after the first one. We kept things pretty low-key until I had a second trimester ultrasound. It was revealed to be a healthy girl, so we started calling her Kate. But....during a 37-week ultrasound, it appeared that "Kate" was actually a boy who was shy on the previous ultrasound.
We had a week to decide on a new name, and we chose Ryan. For that week, I was still confused as to what I would actually have so I held off on believing anything in particular until the birth. He's a boy, and quite a spectacular boy, I might add!

When my stepdaughter was pregnant with her first, the ultrasound made him look like a kidney bean, he was there and then nicknamed Bean by my husband, poor kid will be 16 next year and still gets called Bean some of the time :) There were no nicknames that we know of for the following 3 :(

My oldest DD just had our first grandson, he is one month old this week! Anyways... when she told us she was pregnant she had already signed up for a pregnancy app and was getting info every week on how big the baby was, comparing him to different fruits and veggies. The week she told us he was the size of a tomato seed, so we nicknamed him Tomato. That stuck all the way through the pregnancy, even after they found out he was a boy because they were mostly undecided on his name until he was born. We still call him Tomato occasionally, but mostly use his first name now and the nickname version of that lol

Years ago (like 27ish) I had a co-worker that nicknamed her pregnancy Baby Earl. She ended up having a girl, so at work we all got together and made a huge banner that said "Baby Earl is a GIRL" and signed it, then we delivered it to her hospital room. I still refer to her DD as Baby Earl every once in awhile

No...no nicknames. It kinda skeeves me out, actually, when I hear about people doing that. Not sure why...it feels very "ressie" etc. Gross.

No, we didn't use a special nickname with DS. We did hate using "it," so we just started calling him by his real name fairly early. But I actually think they're kind of cute when you don't know the sex or haven't picked a name yet.

We had one with our first. We never found out the sex (30 years ago) but both names we picked began with a K and our last name begins with a C so the baby was referred to as KC for the entire pregnancy. It did not stick after he was born.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter