Codes for the Poly

Miniefan

DIS Veteran
My family and I are planning to go down to WDW on the 30th of September thru October 7th and we are planning to stay at the Poly. This will be the first time we have stayed at any hotel other than the value resorts and I would like to have some sort of thoughts on what it is going to cost. We have Ap's and we are Fl residents so I was just wondering if anyone could share a round about figure on what the per night rate will be thanks in advance. Also, any thoughts on the Poly will be appreciated. We just wanted to stay at one of the hotels on the monorail system.
Kim

Keep in mind that this year's AP rates may be higher than they have been in the past but you can find examples of past AP rates at http://www.magicalmemoriestravel.com/HistoricalRates.html

Florida resident rates have always been the same as AP rates, it does give you 2 different options for getting one of the discounted rates though!

As far as thoughts on the Poly, I stayed there last October and really enjoyed it. We had zero complaints about our stay. Ever CM we encountered was cheerful and very helpful, our room was in great shape with no musty smell or anything like that, transportation was great with no long waits for a bus or anything. My kids LOVED the pool and seeing the monorail outside our window. :) It's a very relaxing atmosphere and you can't ask for a more convenient location since you have monoral access to the MK and you can take a 5 min walk to the TTC for direct monorail access to Epcot as well!

Lollipop mom,

I'm staying at the Poly in May with my 4 and 6 year old DSs and DH. We have a garden view room. What building did you stay in? What do you recommend. I've seen Tikiman's sight, but still can't decide. Want a nice view, not too far from the pool and the monorail stop, but still quiet at night.

Thanks.

We stayed at the Poly last year from Sept 26-Oct 1. We had a regular code applied to our room rate and paid $219 plus tax (ended up being about $244/night).

Our room was in Tokelau overlooking the quiet pool on the second floor. It was a terrific location. Everything felt like it was within a reasonable distance. We had no problems with noise either.

Have fun!
Kristen

Our rate for Sept. 24-Oct. 1 is $258/night. We have a room only right now and booked through Dreams Unlimited. We may upgrade to garden view concierge which would add another $700 onto our room rate.

We stayed in Tokelau last April and loved it. We had the room on the end and could see the lagoon and beach-but it was considered a garden view room.

Can't wait to go back!!!!!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate: pirate:

I'm staying at the Poly in May with my 4 and 6 year old DSs and DH. We have a garden view room. What building did you stay in? What do you recommend.

We were in Raratonga. When we checked in the CM gave us the choice of looking out and seeing the pool or looking out and seeing the monorail. My 4 year old went nuts "MONORAIL!!!! MONORAIL!!! That's SOOO coool!" I know Raratonga isn't a favorite among people on Tikiman's site but it was just perfect for us. We had a great view of the monorail and it couldn't have been more convenient! That trip was a "Moms and kids only" trip where I brought my 2 and 4 year old sons and met up with a girlfriend from another state who brought her 2 and 4 year old daughters. Given that we were both alone with 2 little kids convenience was a HUGE thing. Since our room faced the monorail it could have been called a "parking lot view" but the landscaping is so lush that we couldn't see the parking lot at all and the monorail view was a HUGE hit with the boys. Raratonga is literally right out the door from the GCH. We were in the 2nd room inside Raratonga so we were steps from the GCH and could be on the monoral platform in 2 minutes. The bus stop was also right around the corner from us so we could be there in 2 minutes as well. Others may say it doesn't have as good of views for Garden view, we disagreed since we had monorail fans and for convenience it can't be beat!

Another friend we met up with was in Tokelau and was very pleased with that longhouse as well. The rooms in Tokelau are a tiny bit bigger. If you took a step off of their patio and looked to the left they had a view of the CR. It was more of a walk to the Volcano pool and the monorail station and a definite hike to the marina if you wanted to take the water taxi to the MK.

:)

I'm Lollipop Mom's friend that stayed in Tokelau, and we really loved the room. It was very quiet. It was a bit longer of a walk, but we are only talking about 2 minutes, so really not much. Like she said above, we could see the bay from our patio. I would love to stay there again. Tokelau is near the quiet pool.

The first time we called a Travel Agent (TA) quoted rack rate for the Poly garden view. Then we called Disney and asked if they could do better than a TA. The CM was nice and gave us a discount that beat the TA. Not sure if it was the AAA discount or a code discount. I do not believe we had a code next to our name but we ended up with a garden view room at the poly for $287 a night. Tax brings it to about $294 a night.

We are going to keep calling back to see if we can get a lower rate.

Does anyone know if Poly garden view for May 28 - Jun 3rd can be obtained for less than $287 a night? :confused3

Thanks in advance for any help!

Lollipop Mom-my son would love to have a room facing the monorail. I have wondered if you hear any noise in the room from the monorail? You seem to have a lot of knowledge about Disney. Are you a travel agent or just a great fan?

momo&hanhan said:
The first time we called a Travel Agent (TA) quoted rack rate for the Poly garden view. Then we called Disney and asked if they could do better than a TA. The CM was nice and gave us a discount that beat the TA. Not sure if it was the AAA discount or a code discount. I do not believe we had a code next to our name but we ended up with a garden view room at the poly for $287 a night. Tax brings it to about $294 a night.

We are going to keep calling back to see if we can get a lower rate.

Does anyone know if Poly garden view for May 28 - Jun 3rd can be obtained for less than $287 a night? :confused3

Thanks in advance for any help!

The Annual Pass rate for that time frame is $254/night, rack rate is $354.

BTW - tax would be 11.5%, so either your rate per night must be different, or if it is $287 - your rate with tax would be about $320

We are paying 254+tax per night (about 283.00w/tax) for 4 nights May 22-24. That is with an AP code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter