Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

Cynthia, as always, I loved your TR. Thank you for sharing your family's adventures with us.

And I agree with you...the walk between Kidani and Jambo is a piece of cake.

great ending and i loved everything you guys got, do most coffee mugs do that in your dish washer? or just that one?

Great ending to your TR! I am surprised you enjoyed the Kidani pool so much. We had planned to head over there, but then it is just so much easier to go to the pool directly at your building. So all our pool time was at Jambo. And we truly enjoyed all our pool time there!

You made great use of departure Day. :worship: I know you had a late flight but still Food Drinks pool time and packing up and checking out. Great job.

It was a good last day all things considered. Morning could have gone better with the packing etc but that is largely my fault for being out on that verandah for too long. NO regrets on that score though!

That trip sounded like a great trip, very well planned. You made many family memories. :goodvibes

Thanks Pat, it was a great trip!

What a wonderful trip! So sorry to see it end.

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill! We were all sorry to see it end

First off, :welcome: back, Cynthia!

I loved your lust updates. You really made the most of your last vacation day. And the recap of souvenirs is a great idea.

Can't wait to read about your Aulani trip!

I'd much rather still be in Aulani! It was a good last day all things considered, nothing better than really feeling like you've maximized every minute, I love having just that last little bit of "play" time after the bags are packed so am happy when flights work out that way. I try to make them so the can!

I would have been frowning with the boys. I never want to leave. :sad1:

Nice souvenirs. I like the Vero cup. We're headed there in a few weeks, so I might bring one home.

Glad you enjoyed Aulani and had safe travels all the way around. I look forward to seeing pictures and reading about it. :cool1:

Welcome Home!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us all.

Looking forward to the next TR.

Thanks for joining along Claire! It was a great trip. I will start the new one this weekend if not before.

No! Don't let it end!

I felt the same way

:rotfl2::rotfl2: If only the video camera was running... :rolleyes1

my tailbone hurts just thinking about it.

I understand, fellas.:sad1:

Don't we all?

Don't you love it when you get a fun bus driver? That's the best.

It definitely lessens the pain

Understandable. It still doesn't make sense to me that they would bother selling non-safe items.:confused3

No it doesn't, bums me out. I'd have bought the Aulani one although I do like the one I did end up with. We will see how it fares.

It really seemed like a fantastic trip! I'm glad you had so many good memories.

We really did!

Welcome home! I'm glad it was a great time and can't wait to read about it!*

*and plagiarize all of your ideas.

If you think of any other questions just let me know, I have a few things to send you over the weekend to look at so will PM you :goodvibes

Well, it is a shame it had to come to an end, but don't they all? :(

I really wish that wasn't the case but yes, they do.

It looks like a lot of fun, despite the lack of park time. I'd love to have an opportunity to try a few different resorts and a cruise and just soak up some of the experiences that the resorts have to offer. Such a nice relaxed pace.

I really reccomend it, it was incredibly relaxing!

I can't wait to read about the Aulani trip. I hope you can get started on your TR soon so that Mark will have a chance to steal as many ideas as possible. :rotfl2:

I'll be starting this weekend, if not before!

Great pics! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Cynthia, as always, I loved your TR. Thank you for sharing your family's adventures with us.

And I agree with you...the walk between Kidani and Jambo is a piece of cake.

Thank you Kathy :goodvibes

great ending and i loved everything you guys got, do most coffee mugs do that in your dish washer? or just that one?

Just that series as far as I know but I look at the bottom of EVERY mug now at Disney. At Aulani 1 was not ok and I think 4 were. Go figure.

Great ending to your TR! I am surprised you enjoyed the Kidani pool so much. We had planned to head over there, but then it is just so much easier to go to the pool directly at your building. So all our pool time was at Jambo. And we truly enjoyed all our pool time there!

I think it was "vibe" as much as anything. The kids vastly preferred the slide, and due to the time of day we were there, Kidani was hopping but in a good way, with music and pool games. I probably rated it higher simply as the boys liked it so much better. The one at Jambo is so pretty but we did have limited exposure so it's probably not a fair rating on the pool itself. It is a lot easier to just go to the pool at your building for sure. Since we were homeless at that moment, it didn't really matter.

Nice last day! I've never had a bus driver like that before! Then again, we don't take ME much these days.

I like the souvies and t-shirts! I got the mug like those from Hilton Head with warnings to everyone not to put it in the dishwasher! My F&W one I hand wash too.

Can't wait to hear about Aulani! Between you guys and the podcast team being there, it has just fueled my NEED to go!!

Nice last day! I've never had a bus driver like that before! Then again, we don't take ME much these days.

I like the souvies and t-shirts! I got the mug like those from Hilton Head with warnings to everyone not to put it in the dishwasher! My F&W one I hand wash too.

Can't wait to hear about Aulani! Between you guys and the podcast team being there, it has just fueled my NEED to go!!

I need to listen to the podcast! I didn't see them there and the live broadcast was while we were landing.

Trust me Sheree...you NEED to go! I mapped out our points yesterday to figure out when we could go back :lmao:

Great recap Cynthia! Love of your favs and I love what you said about NOT having park tickets. There is still a weird part of me that wants to do a non park trip, but now that I have this unactivated AP in my pocket, I'll just have to wait.

I did NOT get the HHI mug because I was concerned it would be the same issue with non Dishwasher safe, plus it wasn't a cheap mug by any standards. Kind of wish I had bought it, but I'm going to get one or two in June.

Glad you had a great time at Aulani. Looking forward to reading about it.

Cute recap pictures of the kids.

Excellent Cynthia! :thumbsup2 Another one for the books.

Did you buy those Dream FE keychains you gave out or make them? If bought, please share the seller. :flower3: Just with me though. Privately. In a PM. ;) I'd love to give those out if our cruise has an FE group.

Excellent Cynthia! :thumbsup2 Another one for the books.

Did you buy those Dream FE keychains you gave out or make them? If bought, please share the seller. :flower3: Just with me though. Privately. In a PM. ;) I'd love to give those out if our cruise has an FE group.

Thanks!

I made them. Bought all the pieces through etsy though and can PM you the info. Keychain/image part is uber easy, the beads a little less so but only as I'd never done it before so was winging it to a large degree.

I also made some hairclips along the same lines, cute bottle cap bows for a few of the little girls but apparently didn't take any pictures.

Thanks!

I made them. Bought all the pieces through etsy though and can PM you the info. Keychain/image part is uber easy, the beads a little less so but only as I'd never done it before so was winging it to a large degree.

I also made some hairclips along the same lines, cute bottle cap bows for a few of the little girls but apparently didn't take any pictures.

You made them? Not what I wanted to hear but brava! :thumbsup2 I am the least crafty person on the planet but would love to know the details. They are the cutest FE gift I've seen.

Ok, now not only do I want to take a cruise, but now I want to go to Aulani!! If my husband ever meets you he might give you the hey, I know you, you're the lady that cost me a lot of money line!! :rotfl2:

Glad you had a great time, and once again great TR

You made them? Not what I wanted to hear but brava! :thumbsup2 I am the least crafty person on the planet but would love to know the details. They are the cutest FE gift I've seen.

Aw, thanks! It was a shameless copy of some I'd seen but really it was uber easy. I'll get you the info together and...you don't have to do the beads and then seriously it's like a 30 minute project. Ok maybe an hour, I'm not the fastest cutter lol!. Print, cut, glue and cover. If you want to make them I'd be happy to make the graphic part for you since I already have the template :goodvibes

Ok, now not only do I want to take a cruise, but now I want to go to Aulani!! If my husband ever meets you he might give you the hey, I know you, you're the lady that cost me a lot of money line!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: enablers are us. Happy to help in that regard! It was a wonderful trip.

Awesome! Thank you!:thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Yup, that's what my husband said to her!
He's gonna say it again now when we HAVE to go to Aulani! At least we have points, it will just cost us lots of $$ in airfare.

I know you can order ready made keychains similar to those through some sellers on Etsy, but they're not cheap.

Yup, that's what my husband said to her!
He's gonna say it again now when we HAVE to go to Aulani! At least we have points, it will just cost us lots of $$ in airfare.

You guys are cracking me up, I love how everyone HAS to go already and I haven't even started the TR!. But seriously...you HAVE to go. I HAVE to go back!

This time with the kids.

Definitely track flights and consider one way tickets instead of round trip, you can save that way.

I know you can order ready made keychains similar to those through some sellers on Etsy, but they're not cheap.

No but if you make them yourself, they are! Amazing array of supplies, if you search bottlecap keychains (necklaces, jewelry or hair clips/bows) a crazy amount of hits will come up.

What a great end to your report! You pointed out a plus when taking ME vs. renting a car: you can take a drink to go! It keeps the vacation going just a little bit longer - I love that!!
Headed over to check out your Aulani report....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter