• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coffee Question

OKWMom

DIS Veteran
I was making my grocery list for our upcoming stay and DH, while reading over my shoulder, told me not to get any coffee!?! :eek: As I stood there in stunned silence, he added that he really liked the "Old Key West coffee" (what was provided in the unit) and wanted that instead.

I think they replenish the coffee on T&T day, but how do I get enough for the other days? Do I purchase it at check-in, or do I make a request from mousekeeping?

I would assume that you request it from housekeeping. But I would ask "for sure" when you check-in. It is pricey, though. $3.00 per coffee service pack.

We always get coffee at Publix, but I agree, I think whatever they use in the OKW packs is good.

Thanks Chuck. I knew it was really pricy, but I didn't know just how pricy. I think I'll let DH decide if he still wants it.

I just checked my cabinets and I found a few packets which I think are from OKW. It is called Cafe Valet French Roast....100% Colombian coffee. It is distributed by Courtesy Products, St. Louis MO............website is:

www.courtesyproducts.com

Hope this helps some...........maybe you can check out the website and see if you can order some!! send an email asking if they use it at OKW!!

I usually buy my coffee from my local Honey Dew and bring it with me!! Regardless, it just does not taste the same as it does at home!! I can't wait to get home and make a pot of coffee!! I think it is the water even though I use bottled at OKW but I use tap here at home.

I just checked my cabinets and I found a few packets which I think are from OKW. It is called Cafe Valet French Roast....100% Colombian coffee. It is distributed by Courtesy Products, St. Louis MO............website is:

www.courtesyproducts.com

Hope this helps some...........maybe you can check out the website and see if you can order some!! send an email asking if they use it at OKW!!

I usually buy my coffee from my local Honey Dew and bring it with me!! Regardless, it just does not taste the same as it does at home!! I can't wait to get home and make a pot of coffee!! I think it is the water even though I use bottled at OKW but I use tap here at home.

Wow Rosemary, that was really nice of you to go through all of that trouble. I went to the company's website and saw the coffee in the "hotel" section, but I definitely don't want to order a case of 100. I will email them however to see if I can buy a smaller quantity.

Thank you again.

It really was no trouble at all!! I hope it works for you and you get some packets cheaper than $3 a packet!! The amount of coffee I drink I would go broke at that rate!!! LOL!!

Sadly, the tap water at OKW is far superior to our tap water here at home.

Sadly, the tap water at OKW is far superior to our tap water here at home.

That is sad Chuck!!!

Luckily we have good water here just north of Boston!!! But do remember..........Love that dirty water.......Boston your my home!!! LOL!! We do pay alot for our tap water and sewer though!!!!

I'll go along with the bottled water suggestion. Most of the DVC stores carry the gallon jug, so it's not too expensive to make coffee with that instead of the tap. I believe the water they carry is Zephr Hills. (We bring good ole Folgers Classic roast in a plastic zipper bag and some extra filters.) :coffee:

Thanks for the "bottled water" suggestion.

Just wanted to add, make sure you bring extra filters with you, but can anyone remember if they are cone or flat?

Thanks for the "bottled water" suggestion.

Just wanted to add, make sure you bring extra filters with you, but can anyone remember if they are cone or flat?

Flat bottomed basket style filters.

DH is a wacko!! ;)

He SHOULD have said, we'll go to the resort store and buy Mickey Coffee!!
;)

Actually, I may be the wacko. I don't drink the stuff unless there is a generous amount of Bailey's Irish Cream in the cup. I prefer my caffeine to be of the diet coke variety. However, I think the real reason DH likes the single packs is that neither one of us can mess that up. He goes out for coffee at home (not a good option at WDW as we all know) so neither of us makes it very well. The couple of times I tried it were disastrous. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter