Cold food at second seating?

CruisinPetey

Earning My Ears
Hello! Has anyone had the experience of lukewarm or cold food being served at second seating dinner? We had planned to do second seating but heard some reports recently of food being served as barely warm at the later dining. Just wondering if this was a fluke or happens often? I'd prefer late seating but also want fresh, hot meals! Thanks for any insight!

Oh weird. I've never experienced this, but it's been 5+ years since my last cruises. I wonder if this is a short staffed thing.

I'm sailing October 1st and doing second seating, so I guess I'll find out soon if that's a thing!

Did you hear about this regarding any specific ship? If it's the Wish, it could just be that they are still figuring out their flow/processes on a new ship?

We had second seating earlier during the restart - late 2021 and the food did not seem as fresh as it did with first seating. The sauces a little more congealed etc. That being said, recently on the fantasy in july had family members with second seating who did not seem to have any issues with the food temperature or quality so maybe it was a restart issue or staffing issue.

The only time I had luke warm food issues is when someone in my party had a food allergy. As best as I could figure, their food was prepared first and sat under a heat lamp until everyone else's was ready. So the allergen free food was also a weird temperature and dry on the outside

Hello! Has anyone had the experience of lukewarm or cold food being served at second seating dinner? We had planned to do second seating but heard some reports recently of food being served as barely warm at the later dining. Just wondering if this was a fluke or happens often? I'd prefer late seating but also want fresh, hot meals! Thanks for any insight!
I've sailed 8 DCL cruises, have cruised on every ship, most recently as March '22 on the Fantasy and October '21 on the Magic, and have always had 2nd dining. I've never been served cold food.

I prefer second seating, I find it to be less hectic and you can really take your time. It seems less crowded as well. Never had a problem with cold food, and recently sailed on the Fantasy in April.
Not only that, my experience on the Dream back in March is the pool areas/aquaduck were much less crowded from about 4pm until time to get ready for dinner.

Not only that, my experience on the Dream back in March is the pool areas/aquaduck were much less crowded from about 4pm until time to get ready for dinner.
You are so right. 26 cruises and we've always done second seating. The pool deck is empty, need to do laundry empty, running deck empty. It's almost like you have the ship to yourself between 5-8pm.

What I would say is cruise food is never piping hot on Disney in general. Soups for example are always luke warm in my opinion. It isn't down to the seating its just down to the way they serve items.

Never had cold food in 11 cruises during second dining.

If you ARE served cold food or food that doesn't meet your tastes/needs LET YOUR SERVING TEAM KNOW. They will make it right.

The only time I had luke warm food issues is when someone in my party had a food allergy. As best as I could figure, their food was prepared first and sat under a heat lamp until everyone else's was ready. So the allergen free food was also a weird temperature and dry on the outside
Agree that allergies cause lukewarm and cold food. Told head server when he asked how everything was going. Also my meal came much later then the rest of the groups frequently. He followed up the next few days and continued to correct timing and temperature issues. Think it was George???
What was the source of this??
Sadly I’ve been on 8 cruises with special diet and had temperature issues almost every cruise more than once. I’ll usually eat it unless it’s the dried out skinless chicken with cracks on the surface. You know it’s going to be tough to chew that.

To the OP,…
Show up early/on time and never late to your dinner. This will take away most problems except allergy plate issues.

We've never had "cold" food at either seating but the food is sometimes sitting a bit so it's not exactly "hot out of your oven" hot. Probably more like luke warm.

Oh for the love of churros!
We've never had an issue with second seating and food temps. If something is wrong or you don't like it, kindly tell your server. They will fix anything for you and they are wonderful about it.

We just booked last night and have second seating by choice for the first time. I think with our kids being so much older that it will work out great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter