College Graduate Entry Level Jobs in Washington DC

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Does anyone have suggestions for employment in Washington DC for a recent college graduate (History degree). Does anyone have recommendations for a recruiter or resource to secure more than a minimum wage job? Any help would be appreciated.

Try the Federal Government's Pathways program (USAJobs). Most of those come out in March. They are for college students or recent graduates. There are other entry level jobs in the federal government. Search USAJobs for "Open to the Public" and lower graded positions.

As for private companies, it seems these days, most companies recruit from college recruitment events. We live in the DC area and this is how most of the college grads get their jobs.

I also second USAjobs. Are you specifically looking for Washington DC or are you open to relocating or commuting outside DC? I'm not sure what you/someone was envisioning with a degree in history, but you can use that as a starting board and work outward. It may be looking for stepping stones to get there as well as thinking outside the box.

I did the Pathways program. It's a great way to get your foot in the Fed door. (I did not stay federal though.)

Capitol Hill maybe or Smithsonian. It's going to be tough with a history degree. Tons of people with similar degrees job hunting.

Another for USAJobs.gov. DS is a recruiter for the Secret Service and they are always looking for new people, agents and uniformed division.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter