College Program Questions Thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh by the way, what day do we get our main gate passes (actually allowed to go to the parks)? It says day 2 on the website but I've heard differently..

Oh by the way, what day do we get our main gate passes (actually allowed to go to the parks)? It says day 2 on the website but I've heard differently..

You do get your maingate on day 2 (or maybe 1) - but that doesn't get you into the parks, you need your ID to get into the parks. You get your ID when you attend traditions - typically day 3.

Hey everyone, kinda lost touch with the thread a bit lately as have been sooo busy with uni and stuff but anyway... my interview is next Thursday... any final tips?

My friend had hers a couple of weeks ago and got Lifeguard, but she said loads of people she met didn't get through which has made me really nervous *** mine is one of the last interviews and so there will be less spaces. Especially as ideally I want the latest programme (which fills up fastest) and Attractions would be my first choice. I know it's a lot of peoples first choice, but I would be so good at it! Lol... I guess everyone thinks that... I'm gonna apply for everything anyway, as long as it's Disney I don't care. I want this sooooo bad!

Anyway apologies for the rant, a lot of my friends don't understand the Disney obsession, or the appeal of working there so haven't had much opportunity to say any of that stuff ^ ^ ^ ^ lately. But back to the point of this post...

Interview tips please?

Muchos love to everyone x x x :flower3:

Also, I just wanna say that everytime *** appears in my post I'm saying "c o s" as in short for "because" but for some reason DIS filters it... So yeah, am not swearing, just being lazy with my typing :thumbsup2

Hey everyone, kinda lost touch with the thread a bit lately as have been sooo busy with uni and stuff but anyway... my interview is next Thursday... any final tips?

This isn't really a tip, but more informational:

I toured the casting building today and talked to people from all types of recruiting - including college recruiting.

905 college program students requested to extend into the spring program, which is more than anything they anticipated. Because of this huge number, they have been holding on all offers to see where those who extended would end up. As long as the student had a clean record card, they were given the extension - this just happened on Monday.

Which means, now they have lifted the hold and can start extending their offers again - but, with 900 new people signed on for spring they are now incredibly low for remaining positions.

If you really want to be hired, then indicate that you'll be willing to work QSFB, Custodial and Housekeeping. To be honest, my guess is that all of the other roles will be full, or nearly full. However, 1/3 of all CPs work in QSFB so it's the role they need the most people for.

I toured the casting building today and talked to people from all types of recruiting - including college recruiting.

905 college program students requested to extend into the spring program, which is more than anything they anticipated. Because of this huge number, they have been holding on all offers to see where those who extended would end up. As long as the student had a clean record card, they were given the extension - this just happened on Monday.

Which means, now they have lifted the hold and can start extending their offers again - but, with 900 new people signed on for spring they are now incredibly low for remaining positions.

If you really want to be hired, then indicate that you'll be willing to work QSFB, Custodial and Housekeeping. To be honest, my guess is that all of the other roles will be full, or nearly full. However, 1/3 of all CPs work in QSFB so it's the role they need the most people for.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2

Does anyone know when the application process is over?

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2

Does anyone know when the application process is over?

It's really really soon. I'm pretty sure the recruiting season is over. My school was last on my recruiters list and we had our presentation nov. 12,13 and all offers went out on nov. 25.

Thanks, but I'm actually ICP so I think it's slightly different... I'm told they're hiring 200 people from the UK. Not many :( I will be willing to do custodial etc, I haven't heard of anyone getting attractions yet although have heard a lot of lifeguards and QSFB. I'll take any job they want to give me, but I'd love attractions.

Seriously?? Dang! That's crazy.

So does that mean those of us who applied at the end of September would ALSO have only custodial and QSFB roles left? I mean, I checked like 5 other things besides that. Is the hiring problem for those who haven't sent in their apps yet? Or for those who are still pending a decision?

CORRECTION**

I meant in addition to CP. I did not check custodial, but did check QSFB due to pressure from my interviewer.

So does that mean those of us who applied at the end of September would ALSO have only custodial and QSFB roles left? I mean, I checked like 5 other things besides that. Is the hiring problem for those who haven't sent in their apps yet? Or for those who are still pending a decision?

I'm not sure about the status of hiring at this point. However, I didn't apply until the very beginning of November, and I got my first choice (vacation planner). I only marked the vacation planner, merchandise, full service food & beverage, and BBB roles. My interviewer told me the only role that was filled up at that point was BBB. (I had my phone interview November 7th). Don't lose hope yet! :)

ahh, well that makes me feel just a little bit better, thanks darling! things have just been so crazy, i'm just starting to panic. it seems like every day there is more bad news about limited availability in almost EVERYTHING.

So i don't think thats fair for all the others applying for the Spring that havn't even been on a CP yet. I soooo hope that doesn't happen for the Fall cause I really want to go and be a Character Attendant, Costumes, or Attractions

I'm not sure about the status of hiring at this point. However, I didn't apply until the very beginning of November, and I got my first choice (vacation planner). I only marked the vacation planner, merchandise, full service food & beverage, and BBB roles. My interviewer told me the only role that was filled up at that point was BBB. (I had my phone interview November 7th). Don't lose hope yet! :)

I had mine on the 7th, too, but she didn't tell me about BBB being full. It was my 1st choice and she asked me all kinds of questions about it. :confused:

well the good news is supposedly there will be no shortage of work for CP cm's... Disney is working them more than other cm's because they don't have to pay CP's as much. Hopefully this will still work out well for everyone

I had mine on the 7th, too, but she didn't tell me about BBB being full. It was my 1st choice and she asked me all kinds of questions about it. :confused:

Yes, my interviewer told me that the all the BBB roles had been filled. She said since there are only two BBB locations, there are not as many positions. However, she did say they were still interviewing for it in case someone who was offered the position decided not to participate in the CP.

So i don't think thats fair for all the others applying for the Spring that havn't even been on a CP yet. I soooo hope that doesn't happen for the Fall cause I really want to go and be a Character Attendant, Costumes, or Attractions

This proves a good point- make sure you apply early! It should help your chances. I plan on applying as soon as applications go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter