College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got accepted on Tuesday!:cool: The only thing is, when I went to choose my check-in date, it only offered me February 20th. Are the dates before that filled up? Is it normal to arrive that late? Is there any way I can get an earlier date? Sorry for all the questions. I just don't want to have to arrive about a month after everyone's met each other and gotten comfortable. I'd feel like an intruder. Of course, if it's the only date available, I'll take it, but I'd like to know if there are other options.:)

If that's the only date offered, then yes, it's the only one available. Are you spring or spring advantage? That could have an effect on the date. It may also depend on your role. People who got in before me in a different role were offered dates later in January, but I was able to get January 11th. Don't stress about it; you won't be an intruder because I can almost guarantee you won't be the only person to check in on your date!

Congratulations! You must be so excited :) I would be wondering too why the February start date..... My dashboard status on two undergraduate internships still show "in progress" (which has been for last 2 days). Does that status mean they will call me for an interview? Maybe the undergraduate internship is different than the College program you got into :confused3

Did you apply for the college program or a professional internship (or two)? They are two completely different processes-the PI application system is much more selective and complicated than the CP, from what I understand.

Wow, this thread is long! I have a couple of questions about the Disneyland CP.

1. Do I have to rent housing from Disney or can I stay somewhere else?

2. Do I have to be at a college that accepts the Disney CP? I'm at a community college that disapproves of the program.

3. Is it easy to keep a job at Disneyland after completing the CP if I would like to stay?

4. Is working at DLR better with the CP or just as a normal CM?

Thanks for the help- I'm sure these questions have been repeated so many times.

If that's the only date offered, then yes, it's the only one available. Are you spring or spring advantage? That could have an effect on the date. It may also depend on your role. People who got in before me in a different role were offered dates later in January, but I was able to get January 11th. Don't stress about it; you won't be an intruder because I can almost guarantee you won't be the only person to check in on your date!
I'm QSFB for Spring Advantage. Do you think calling will make a difference? Also, is it normal to be assigned to a housing complex (I got Vista Way)? I thought you got to choose for some reason. Thank you SO much for your reply. :)

I'm QSFB for Spring Advantage. Do you think calling will make a difference? Also, is it normal to be assigned to a housing complex (I got Vista Way)? I thought you got to choose for some reason. Thank you SO much for your reply. :)

From what I've seen in the facebook groups, the spring advantage people only have a few dates to choose from as it is, so it's entirely possible that there is only one date left. You haven't been assigned to Vista, that's where you check in. It says that on everyone's dashboards.

You're so helpful, I think I'll ask you another question.;) I can't afford to drive a car all the way down to Orlando (I'm a Californian), so I'm just going to go carless. Does Disney offer a way to get you from the airport to the park? Or do I have to rent a car? Again, THANK YOU!!:santa:

EDIT: I forgot to say I called them this morning, and I couldn't change the date. I spoke to Corey, and she was super nice and very helpful. She said there will be lots of people coming on that day, so I feel more relieved. I confirmed my date. I'm officially going to Orlando!!!!!!

You're so helpful, I think I'll ask you another question.;) I can't afford to drive a car all the way down to Orlando (I'm a Californian), so I'm just going to go carless. Does Disney offer a way to get you from the airport to the park? Or do I have to rent a car? Again, THANK YOU!!:santa:

EDIT: I forgot to say I called them this morning, and I couldn't change the date. I spoke to Corey, and she was super nice and very helpful. She said there will be lots of people coming on that day, so I feel more relieved. I confirmed my date. I'm officially going to Orlando!!!!!!

Well, it depends. Are you going to stay over in Orlando the night before? If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can take Magical Express from the airport to your hotel. Then take a taxi to check in the next morning (that's what I'm doing). If you are staying at a non-Disney hotel, you can use the Mears shuttle bus-info is on their website. If you are arriving the morning of check in, you can still use the mears shuttlebus. Hope that helps!

Did you apply for the college program or a professional internship (or two)? They are two completely different processes-the PI application system is much more selective and complicated than the CP, from what I understand.

I went to the Disney Careers web site and there was two selections: students and recent grads. Then when I clicked on "students", it lead me to the page where you can select different available internships according to different categories such as Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, etc. I selected Disney/ABC Television Group and searched under internships. Then it brought up a couple MBA internship positions and several "undergraduate internships for Spring 2012. I applied for four of them and the two that show pending are Undergraduate Intern, ABC Entertainment Group, Development and the other was Undergraduate Intern, Casting.

I think this is different from the College Program in that these internships are not at the Disney parks (such as Disney World or Disneyland). But they aren't under the Professional Internship because I didn't go to that web site.

Here is where I looked and applied through:
http://datg.disneycareers.com/en/se...Disney+ABC+Television+Group&e=Internship&c=US

If you stay on property keep your room key, it probably won't get you in the park during emh but it might get you on to some of the rides if you were already there if they don't check the dates (shhh!)

I'm really interested in doing the college program, but I have no idea which program I should apply for. I am currently a junior studying psychology and I want to master in school psychology or school counseling. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't know too much about the different options!

I'm really interested in doing the college program, but I have no idea which program I should apply for. I am currently a junior studying psychology and I want to master in school psychology or school counseling. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't know too much about the different options!

I just went onto the College Program website and started applying according to location and job category. I was confused at first whether I was applying for the College Program or Professional Internship until I looked up both websites. I applied through the College Program for several undergraduate internships and on two of them (one for casting and the other for ABC Entertainment development program), my status shows pending which I can't get anyone to answer what that means. I think it means I'll be called for an interview.

This morning I went to the Professional Internship website and applied to one related to finance/accounting. My major is Business Management and I am applying to anything that will help me have on-hands experience working at Disney. As far as your major in psychology, I would apply to both the College Program and the Professional Internship openings in anything that is evenly remotely related to what you are interested in. I think once you get your foot in the door being an intern and get someone to mentor you, you can get an inside look at what Disney has to offer for psychology majors. I know there are training/teaching opportunities within Disney so this might be the direction you can go. Good luck!

P.S. Can anyone please tell me what "in progress" means on two of my internship applications?

There is only one job posting for the college program, it's probably not up right now because applications for fall/fall adv. aren't open yet, but it will specifically say College Program. College Program is only the entry level jobs working in/near the parks for minimum wage, and they almost always require you to live in the CP apartment housing with very strict rules about what and who you can bring in with you.

I'm not sure of the distinction between the different internships they offer for which ones are considered PI's

I just went onto the College Program website and started applying according to location and job category. I was confused at first whether I was applying for the College Program or Professional Internship until I looked up both websites. I applied through the College Program for several undergraduate internships and on two of them (one for casting and the other for ABC Entertainment development program), my status shows pending which I can't get anyone to answer what that means. I think it means I'll be called for an interview.

This morning I went to the Professional Internship website and applied to one related to finance/accounting. My major is Business Management and I am applying to anything that will help me have on-hands experience working at Disney. As far as your major in psychology, I would apply to both the College Program and the Professional Internship openings in anything that is evenly remotely related to what you are interested in. I think once you get your foot in the door being an intern and get someone to mentor you, you can get an inside look at what Disney has to offer for psychology majors. I know there are training/teaching opportunities within Disney so this might be the direction you can go. Good luck!

P.S. Can anyone please tell me what "in progress" means on two of my internship applications?

It seems that there is some confusion happening. There are three different types of programs that you just mentioned in your post:

The Disney College Program: This is for students who want an "on stage" role. It is normally one semester. Roles can include such things as Attractions, Quick Service Food & Beverage, Main Entrance Operation, Lifeguard, Custodial, etc. http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/default/

Professional Internships: Behind the scenes roles. These are more major related and business-type than the College Program. They are also much more difficult to get into. They include a number of things, like Chemistry, Finance, and Information Technology. They can be in the parks or resorts, or elsewhere in the country. http://profinterns.disneycareers.com/en/default/

Jobs and Careers/Internships: This is what you applied for. They are not related to either the College Program or the Professional Internship Program. This is just like getting a "real" job with the Disney Company, or any of the sub-companies, even if it is categorized as an internship. http://disneycareers.com/en/students-recent-grads/students/opportunities/

As far as the "In Progress" status, I can only tell you what the College Program is like: You are "In Progress" from the time you submit your application until you are rejected, accepted, or decline your acceptance. This could take weeks to change.

It seems that there is some confusion happening. There are three different types of programs that you just mentioned in your post:

The Disney College Program: This is for students who want an "on stage" role. It is normally one semester. Roles can include such things as Attractions, Quick Service Food & Beverage, Main Entrance Operation, Lifeguard, Custodial, etc. http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/default/

Professional Internships: Behind the scenes roles. These are more major related and business-type than the College Program. They are also much more difficult to get into. They include a number of things, like Chemistry, Finance, and Information Technology. They can be in the parks or resorts, or elsewhere in the country. http://profinterns.disneycareers.com/en/default/

Jobs and Careers/Internships: This is what you applied for. They are not related to either the College Program or the Professional Internship Program. This is just like getting a "real" job with the Disney Company, or any of the sub-companies, even if it is categorized as an internship. http://disneycareers.com/en/students-recent-grads/students/opportunities/

As far as the "In Progress" status, I can only tell you what the College Program is like: You are "In Progress" from the time you submit your application until you are rejected, accepted, or decline your acceptance. This could take weeks to change.

Thanks! I think I got myself and hopefully not anyone else confused - sorry everyone! After looking at my applications, it looks like I applied to two jobs/careers internships and one Professional Internship. You don't know how much I really appreciate you clearing this up :thumbsup2

Thanks! I think I got myself and hopefully not anyone else confused - sorry everyone! After looking at my applications, it looks like I applied to two jobs/careers internships and one Professional Internship. You don't know how much I really appreciate you clearing this up :thumbsup2

No problem! You had me confused too, so I went to all of the sites and sorted out what was what. For me, my only option is the College Program because my major is Communicative Disorders and Sciences and I will be going to grad school for Audiology. Not many professional internships or job openings for that at Disney!

I hope you get at least one of the things you applied for!

Can anyone tell me if there is any way I can find my location on the Hub? I'm currently seasonal, but am going to start my CP in January.

Can anyone give me an example of what they wore to traditions/classes?
Also, are you allowed to accessorize when in traditions/classes? Like, jewelry or hair things (bows, hair clips...)?

Check the onboarding site and go to the disney look page under guidelines for non-costumed female cast members.

My daughter is thinking of doing the WDW CP and I had a question about going seasonal and how that works. We live near Disneyland, would she be able to go seasonal and do the 40 hours (I think that's what I read?) at Disneyland instead of WDW? It would be neat to keep the perks forever! :) If not, does anyone know if there's a way to apply straight to being a seasonal employee and does that only require 40 hours a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter